• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. Oh I very much do believe it my love. And yes her conditions to accepting the offer to her by kitty was sleeping with Logan. Doesn't matter what it sounds like. The scans are there and the speak for themselves. Storm told Logan she would tell him her answer under two conditions, one of those was sex. And Logan even asked her was she sure before they did the do was she OK with going through with it, as he realized that her marriage just ended.

2. Ororo was taking orders from cyclops during schism up until the events of AvX. Not sure what your point is but cyclops was leading that faction of the xmen not Ororo.

3. And in all those books that Storm was featured in, including her solo what type of development did she get? How did those stories drive the xoffices? And I have a lot to believe if she was still queen she would be treated better. In black and the crew it's one of the first stories I can recall where we saw her life and her connections to the world totally separate from the xmen. Moreover, in his actual book she is shown as competent, thoughtful and the strong fighter we know her to be. The Wakandans, some worship her as a true goddess. These are the things happening in the bp books, you know actually character development. The same can't be said of the xbooks.

I'm not ignoring continuity because it's not if it is inconsistent with how her mythos was initially established. You are mixing up writers who are expounded upon things established by Claremont with those who completely ignore it. A writer having her say she can't use her powers because there is no weather is someone completely ignoring her power set as established by Claremont. She is a high end energy manipulator at her core, so for instance when she was in hell there was no reason she should have been able to use her powers. Now to the contrary of this, a writer coming and showing her shutting down someone's brain, which Claremont never showed her do, is expounded upon her already established canon. Her energy sight as established by Claremont allows her to see all forms of her energy which she can manipulate, including electrical synapses in the body. The writer who showed her shutting down brains was aware of the stories Claremont write and went from there. All in all, there's a big difference between what you are saying and what I am.

Her being or accepting the position as Aaron wrote it was contingent on him pushing the kids and them having sex(with the cut on the side). She set the terms:

That's a lie. The terms were the kids and a hair cut. Sex was always going to happen but her choice to be headmistress was always about saying fu into an ex that was overstepping and her being herself. Any agency she has is always ignored to promote the men in her life. Am I the only seeing how wrong that is?
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 03-15-2018 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

It was all in an effort by the xoffices to make him look more like a chump.
    He already looked like a chump for annulling the marriage without talking to her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    That's a lie. The terms were the kids and a hair cut. Sex was always going to happen but her choice to be headmistress was always about saying fu into an ex that was overstepping.
    He was not asking if she thought is was a good idea to cut her hair. He knew she had just gotten of a relationship and he wanted to be absolutely certain she was OK with them sleeping together.

He already looked like a chump for annulling the marriage without talking to her.
    The xoffices wanted to dig the knife deeper. None of what she did once she returned to the xmen after the annulment benefited her. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what development she got after the marriage was ended. And none one has of yet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

He was not asking if she thought is was a good idea to cut her hair. He knew she had just gotten of a relationship and he wanted to be absolutely certain she was OK with them sleeping together.

The xoffices wanted to dig the knife deeper. None of what she did once she returned to the xmen after the annulment benefited her. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what development she got after the marriage was ended. And none one has of yet.
    You can't bury a knife deeper into something that no longer exists. He destroyed that marriage better yet he annulled it making it something that didn't exist.

Really? he annulled the marriage. He then tried to dictate who she could have sex with. Sorry that argument falls a little flat in context.
    Written by an X-Writer. Gutter move.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Written by an X-Writer. Gutter move.
    Only for marriage supporters. The rest of us didn't and still don't care about it.
    Right because that is worse than leaving your wife to play vigilante in Hell's kitchen.

Incredible Member

Just wanted to say that in recent books where Storm leads a female team, it seems that Psylocke is the one (imo) that gets the development.

BANNED

Really? he annulled the marriage. He then tried to dictate who she could have sex with. Sorry that argument falls a little flat in context.
    Your argument has even less context because you keep referencing the events that led to him ultimately annuling the marriage BUT you keep omitting the fact that Jason Aaron and Bendis BOTH went on to write X-comics that directly spin from the events of AvX. Yeah, you can claim Aaron wrote BP and Storm previously, even you acknowledged that he did her little justice there either.
    Hello!!! Why people continue to ignore what is on the scans for all to see is beyond me
    I don't know, love. We see that certain people compel themselves to not see colorism as the huge problem that it is. So with that realization I know there are bound to be folks that can't stomach the idea of Storm being a notch on the belt of the white male leaders of the X-men. It's funny because some will acknowledge that Hudlin was guilty of this, and in a sense he was. But the idea that X-office has been playing this game far longer is very real. But, hey, colorism doesn't exist so this is definitely a myth as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Just wanted to say that in recent books where Storm leads a female team, it seems that Psylocke is the one (imo) that gets the development.
    I don't agree with that. Psylocke's development was a support structure to push Storm. How does that work if what you said was true?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Your argument has even less context because you keep referencing the events that led to him ultimately annuling the marriage BUT you keep omitting the fact that Jason Aaron and Bendis BOTH went on to write X-comics that directly spin from the events of AvX. Yeah, you can claim Aaron wrote BP and Storm previously, even you acknowledged that he did her little justice there either.

I don't know, love. We see that certain people compel themselves to not see colorism as the huge problem that it is. So with that realization I know there are bound to be folks that can't stomach the idea of Storm being a notch on the belt of the white male leaders of the X-men. It's funny because some will acknowledge that Hudlin was guilty of this, and in a sense he was. But the idea that X-office has been playing this game far longer is very real. But, hey, colorism doesn't exist so this is definitely a myth as well.
    Because you two ignore the fact that she was headmistress in another book before this. Because you ignore the fact that she calls herself headmistress before she sleeps with him.

Only for marriage supporters. The rest of us didn't and still don't care about it.
    Right because that is worse than leaving your wife to play vigilante in Hell's kitchen.
    Sure, you care. It's why you're in this thread bashing T'Challa.

It's worse because some X-writer with a pen or mouse decided to write a dumbass scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Sure, you care. It's why you're in this thread bashing T'Challa.

It's worse because some X-writer with a pen or mouse decided to write a dumbass scene.
    I am defending Storm. This isn't his thread and he did some jacked up stuff and this thread isn't about him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Because you two ignore the fact that she was headmistress in another book before this. Because you ignore the fact that she calls herself headmistress before she sleeps with him.
    Frankly it doesn't matter what happened way back then it's irrelevant now, with the exception of how poorly she is treated in the xbooks. Storm is with Black Panther and in the BP books she is treated with the respect and care a character of her status deserves. In the xbooks, she appears out of obligation to making the book feel like xmen where she brings nothing to the story and is wallpaper. And with Logan coming back she will once again be written like a sick puppy who can't function or keep it together unless she has him there holding her hand. That's the reality now. And all of what is happening to her now, especially with Wolverine back in the issue you mentioned they were going to have sex, is why she is how she is now within the xbooks.

Logan trophy:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-15-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Frankly it doesn't matter what happened way back then it's irrelevant now. Storm is with Black Panther and in the BP books she is treated with the respect and care a character of her status deserves. In the xbooks, she appears out of obligation to making the book feel like xmen where she brings nothing to the story and is wallpaper. And with Logan coming back she will once again be written like a sick puppy who can't function or keep it together unless she has him there holding her hand. That's the reality now. And all of what is happening to her now, especially with Wolverine is why she is how she is now.
    Yeah because the annulment had nothing to do with her pairing with Logan.

I am defending Storm. This isn't his thread and he did some jacked up stuff and this thread isn't about him.
    Yet you focus on him.

So you're satisfied with the lackluster handling of Storm by the X-Offices since the marriage was over.

When she's not wallpaper, she's a walking nap.