Page 213 of 241 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by Chron View Post
    Yes it is a repeat in terms of the resolution, but the way Sarah ripped into him about being able to be human and choosing to look like Cyborg for pitty was epic. I don’t think any other arc did as good of a job at really forcing Victor to man up. Him interfacing and absorbing a tank was awesome, and possibly one of the first times he’s done this feat at this level. So overall great issue, and its bittersweet his solo os getting cancelled when it just niw has made a lot of headway in character development.
    Word. I loved that scene. That was a really interesting way to show the tired man vs machine trope from a different angle. It does make sense for Vic to be so used to wishing he was human again, that looking like Cyborg was also another way for him to want sympathy. Sarah FTW.

Extraordinary Member

Yes it is a repeat in terms of the resolution, but the way Sarah ripped into him about being able to be human and choosing to look like Cyborg for pitty was epic. I don’t think any other arc did as good of a job at really forcing Victor to man up. Him interfacing and absorbing a tank was awesome, and possibly one of the first times he’s done this feat at this level. So overall great issue, and its bittersweet his solo os getting cancelled when it just niw has made a lot of headway in character development.

Also, what happened with Cyborg one million or whatever? I’ve been looking everywhere for the continuation of that part of metal but can’t find it anywhere.
    This kinda reminds me of an old John Byrne plot point from his Fantastic Four run where it was revealed that somehow, Ben Grimm subconsciously fought several attempts to be human again in order to keep Alicia Masters. He feared Alicia loved the Thing more than Ben Grimm.

Got Sarah out here as the voice of the people! I hope Priest plays with that in Justice League.

The same way I love seeing Batman as Bruce in casual wear, I want to see Vic the same way. Maybe sometimes he makes use of his abilities in human form. Like his hand morphs into something to briefly interface some machinery while the rest of him is still human.

Yes, what he did with that tank was awesome. That's the kind of showcase thats been missing from his book.

It's the little things that can make all the difference with this character.

Ultimate Member

For those who wonder about digital

This is amazon's listing do take it for what it is worth.
    Cyborg issue 20

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #150,073 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

#161 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Comics & Graphic Novels

#1319 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

#1463 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    At least is showed that folks were willing to read the book.

Downside he trailed Duke's first issue by over 1300 in the last category.

Wonder how long until they give him another solo. I know this much though: they can't put out another book with his current look.

For fans to even care enough to give him another shot, his appearance has to be appealingly upgraded. Along the lines of the look during Walker's run. More skin. Show fans that he's a true hybrid.

Again, I hope Priest paves the way for this to happen.

Sarah ethered Vic. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Wonder how long until they give him another solo. I know this much though: they can't put out another book with his current look.

For fans to even care enough to give him another shot, his appearance has to be appealingly upgraded. Along the lines of the look during Walker's run. More skin. Show fans that he's a true hybrid.

If they do give him another one, I think it's a strong possibility, I hope the man/machine trope is settled once and for all and Vic embraces who he is.

Ultimate Member

At this point you raise the white flag.

You stop wasting the time. Because this half you know what mess has been done twice.

It shouldn't take two certain movies and getting called out on it-to force an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At this point you raise the white flag.

You stop wasting the time. Because this half you know what mess has been done twice.

It shouldn't take two certain movies and getting called out on it-to force an effort.
    But they have to. He's still a high profile character with JL.

BANNED

Man seeing this gave me cyborg Superman memories (which is a good thing,cause he is a badass)

I also wouldn't mind seeing Vic do a Terminator 3 where the bad Terminator took control of cars and later all the prototype versions,I can see Vic doing that easily.

Really is powers are pretty much endless

All-New Member

Attachment 60359

Some fan art I made with my apple pencil. Let me know what you guys think

Some fan art I made with my apple pencil. Let me know what you guys think
    Wow that looks awesome! How long did it take to finish?

Ultimate Member

But they have to. He's still a high profile character with JL.
    If that was the case of if you are a member of Justice League-you deserve a solo-John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lighting, Dina and others who have graced that roster should have gotten shots. Instead we got excuses. Especially for John Stewart.

His high profile with that team has done nothing for him to MAKE someone at DC take his push seriously.

I think at this point its more accurate to say that his high profile with that team has done nothing for him to make readers take his push seriously.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Wow that looks awesome! How long did it take to finish?
    Thanks! It took proably 6 hrs or so. Was definitely one of my more inspired pieces because of how much I like cyborg. I wasn’t planning on doing the old teen titan look until midway through so it took a little longer as a result. Really happy with how it turned out though. Now I kind of want them to bring that look back lol.