Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I think it really depends on how the MCU plans on using these characters. It may work in the comics, but I understand scaling some characters back if they have multiple or drawn out tenures on a team that also consists of "normal" or "slightly above average" humans. If Hulk, Thor, Wanda and Strange reached their full comic-based power potentials then characters like Black Widow, Hawkeye and even Captain America and Iron Man to a certain extent could become unnecessary. Some characters like Cap and Tony, especially, make up for it with their leadership skills and intellect, but purely based on power levels they are also obsolete on a team of Gods, Hulks, Witches and Sorcerers.

Since Captain Marvel was taken off the board until the very end of Endgame and still didn't manage to defeat Thanos by herself, I don't see a problem with her powers being scaled up a little if that is the direction they want to go with in the movies. I would have been much more irritated had she been a Deus Ex Machina the entire film and left other characters with nothing to do. But that, fortunately, was not the case.

Her powers being scaled up would definitely be an issue though if she remained on Earth and there were no teammates or villains that could rival her.
    Sure thing, I understand why they scaled some back, it just irritated me that they scaled carol way up when keeping her at her classic level would have left her on the same playing field automatically as the ones they scaled down

Short response YES.

I'm not fan of Carol, not in the comics, not in the movies, but she is a powerhouse and her powers hasn't been shown as detrimental for other characters, and are a good chunk of her currently charctater. Fr those who complains about her being able to fight Thanos we are talking of a Thanos who was delayed by the captain America who almost prevent him of doing the snap just by holding his hand, who was fought toe, bt to against Tony Star, and who was easily killed by an enraged Thor, and was being kicked by Wanda, Carol power level was definitely not the problem.

Ultimate Member

I don’t see why she shouldn’t be so powerful.

I’m not a huge Captain Marvel fan but I don’t see why she shouldn’t be so powerful in the movies. The MCU has generally portrayed characters that got their powers from the Infinity Stones as being generally OP so I don’t see why Carol should be any different.

In the comics, she can still access the Binary power which is pretty broken in and of itself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Last I checked, Captain America and Bucky are both a whole lot stronger than they are in the comics. Nobody complains about that.
    People do actually.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Carol Danvers has hardly been around for 50 years,
    Actually she has. Really, she has.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    With her Binary Powers she could have beaten him.
    Doubtful. When Thanos was resurrected, he took Silver Surfer's best shots and smiled. While I might put Binary in the same power class as Surfer, Quasar, etc., that won't get it done against Thanos.
    Last edited by davew128; 08-31-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Doubtful. When Thanos was resurrected, he took Silver Surfer's best shots and smiled. While I might put Binary in the same power class as Surfer, Quasar, etc., that won't get it done against Thanos.
    Technically with the energy absorption, shouldn't there no upper limit to her power. She should be as strong as the her enemies attack output.

BANNED

She's not strong enough tbh.

She could be stronger.

What rule declares that Hulk or Thor has to be most powerful forever? That is meat this convo had it been Thor or Hulk it would have been badass, Someone infringes on certain fans power tier fantasy they moan. I can bet it was Sentry or Nova they wouldn't have even bat eye about anything. Once it is someone who doesn't fit ideal of who should be on top of power tier they get butt hurt which is Captain Marvel and Shuri annoy them.

They wanted Carol to be Superman of the MCU. From the beginning interviews about her that point of emphasis that she would be most powerful hero in the MCU. That is clear what they wanted from the character and that is how they use her and our nerdom doesn't let us overwrite creative decision. Who is the smartest, strongest, fastest, best leader and best fighter they can decide anytime to change it. The reason many solo heroes don't work at DC because they have impassable tier list and they have heroes scream stuff like " I am the 3rd smartest man in the world" but that is a topic for another day.

As people mention Carol Binary form has always given her a legit reason to be in top tier of heroes If creators chose to go in that route . She has a "Hulk gets anger" aspect about her powers that easily make her as powerful as situation she is in or needs her to be. Anyways tier list are meant to broken. How much has this list change over the years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    What rule declares that Hulk or Thor has to be most powerful forever? That is meat this convo had it been Thor or Hulk it would have been badass, Someone infringes on certain fans power tier fantasy they moan. I can bet it was Sentry or Nova they wouldn't have even bat eye about anything. Once it is someone who doesn't fit ideal of who should be on top of power tier they get butt hurt which is Captain Marvel and Shuri annoy them.

They wanted Carol to be Superman of the MCU. From the beginning interviews about her that point of emphasis that she would be most powerful hero in the MCU. That is clear what they wanted from the character and that is how they use her and our nerdom doesn't let us overwrite creative decision. Who is the smartest, strongest, fastest, best leader and best fighter they can decide anytime to change it. The reason many solo heroes don't work at DC because they have impassable tier list and they have heroes scream stuff like " I am the 3rd smartest man in the world" but that is a topic for another day.

As people mention Carol Binary form has always given her a legit reason to be in top tier of heroes If creators chose to go in that route . She has a "Hulk gets anger" aspect about her powers that easily make her as powerful as situation she is in or needs her to be. Anyways tier list are meant to broken. How much has this list change over the years

If Iron Man could be on the same level with Hulk or Thor with a strong enough energy source I see no reason why Carol should not be the same today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    After that he said that he would not like to fight for real against someone like the champion, who is perhaps on the same level as the surfer with the power gem.

she might as well have full access to the Binary powers. At least once a 24 hour period, something.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    If Iron Man could be on the same level with Hulk or Thor with a strong enough energy source I see no reason why Carol should not be the same today.
    He really isn't though. He managed to job out the Savage Hulk back in the day.

You can't find a picture if Tony picking up a mountain, or towing an island, or smashing a planet to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    He really isn't though. He managed to job out the Savage Hulk back in the day.

You can't find a picture if Tony picking up a mountain, or towing an island, or smashing a planet to bits.
    Tony was strong. He was Class75 in the Marvel Handbook and if he pushed his power levels he could go Class 100 for a brief period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    she might as well have full access to the Binary powers. At least once a 24 hour period, something.
    Even without becoming BInary, at this point Carol is pretty darn powerful. Powerful enough to dominate Stark, which is no easy feat. She probably doesn't need Binary except against legit cosmic level threats.