Page 165 of 750 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 11243

Hey thanks,will keep my eyes and ears out for some news. Right now, I'm riding the Hickman train (again) with the xbooks. So here's hoping the same amount of umph and energy is for the next BPseries.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It doesn't neither does her whole character.

Has beef with T'Challa, why exactly when he hasn't wronged her or her people?

Talks about freeing people from oppression but perfectly fine with working with Klaw, Nazis, and Emperor N'Jadaka. She hasn't even bothered with helping her own people.

Helps revives the guy who experimented on her and her people by giving him a symbiote, some god power, and entire intergalactic empire, so she could get her revenge? She has to be one of the dumbest villains ever.
    As you lay it out like this, Coates is like the Black version of that other writer (who shall remain nameless for all eternity but now works at the Distinguished Competition) who really didn't care to follow through on his own continuity...but with much less comic book writing talent.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As you lay it out like this, Coates is like the Black version of that other writer (who shall remain nameless for all eternity but now works at the Distinguished Competition) who really didn't care to follow through on his own continuity...but with much less comic book writing talent.
    I hope Marvel doesn't make the same mistake when they relaunch the title. I want a comic book writer to tackle the series or Evan Narcisse. Rise was pretty good and would've benefited from a few more issues.

I hope Marvel doesn't make the same mistake when they relaunch the title. I want a comic book writer to tackle the series or Evan Narcisse. Rise was pretty good and would've benefited from a few more issues.
    I would hope so too. We definitely need someone with a different, better and brighter outlook than Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would hope so too. We definitely need someone with a different, better and brighter outlook than Coates.
    We need someone who actually cares about writing, engaging stories and actually uplifting the title character, and actually telling fun stories

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We need someone who can write comic books and is invested in the title character and his established mythos...and who can write comic books. Not prose, not song lyrics, not Haiku...comic-fekkin-books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We need someone who can write comic books and is invested in the title character and his established mythos...and who can write comic books. Not prose, not song lyrics, not Haiku...comic-fekkin-books.

Totally. No. More. Woke.

Has T'Challa fought Killmonger yet in the Coates book?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Has T'Challa fought Killmonger yet in the Coates book?
    He hasn't fought neither NuKillmonger or resurrected Killmonger. 2 years into this story and the two of them have shared very little panel space.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 03-23-2020 at 02:47 PM.

agree or disagree?

He hasn't fought neither NuKillmonger or resurrected Killmonger. 2 years into this story and the two of them have shared very little panel space.
    wow. How many more years of this run? Does anyone know how sales have been?
    The J-man

agree or disagree?
    Not bad but I would've had the Mephisto punch and the Super Skrull take down from SWAD.

After issue #25 it will be 4 years. Prior to issue 18 which I believe was the issue that was marketed as the beginning of a new arc, sales were in the 14k to 15k range. After #18 there was a spike but the last two issues I believe were in the 15k range and the most recent one in 14k.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 03-23-2020 at 04:22 PM.

The flash back is the most interactions they have had, and that was straight up PIS to cringey levels

agree or disagree?

I agree mostly but I also think there are better badass moment's. Like facing God Doom wasn't really shown as this super memorable badass moment. Same with Galactus. They were good but not top 5 imo.

agree or disagree?

Its finished in June.

Ultimate Member

4 years of hell.

Floppies pushing below 20K

Trades vary and that at least with Amazon (and target) due to sales (buy 2 get 1 of certain trades). So while the first volume of the current had high number, the latter one did not. Enough for marvel to be happy with those but not good enough to get and retain new readers.