Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Also, Carol Danvers was a X-Men at one point.
    Carol was never an X-Men officially The only reason Carol was with X-Men from UXM# 150-171 was because she was recovering from her close encounter with Rogue. In UXM#164, after her transformation into Binary, Peter asked her to join, but Carol gave him an ambivalent answer. When Rogue showed up in #171, and Xavier accepted her, Carol stated: "I have nothing to lose here, charles, no real ties break.That makes my decision easy. I am not an X-Man--and all of a sudden, I'm glad!" But even Claremont gave a indecatetor of Carol someday returning sometime in the future in the issue. On the last page, Rogue asks "Will she (Carol) be back?" Kurt answers "In her own time, perhaps, fraulein, when the hurt is less".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    do you also mean no characters like Mimic or Danger or Longshot
    I like quite a few non-mutant X-Men (and non X-Man mutants, like Justice and Aurora).

Jimaine Szardos/Amanda Sefton would be one of my top choices for a non-mutant X-person, although Mimic was definitely a favorite, and Danger was kind of interesting (as was Omega Sentinel, before her turn to the dark side).

Deathbird was also fun, hanging out with Bishop, back in the day. Hepzibah, on X-Force, meh.

And then there's a few token non-mutant aliens or cyborgs that I'm not so keen on, like Warlock or Gomi.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Man, since of all the non-mutant superheroes besides the Hulk, he's the closest to understanding the mutant experience on account of also being demonized by the media and thus distrusted, feared, and hated by the very populace he seeks to protect (and even fellow heroes who buy into the negative press surrounding him), along with being hunted and hounded by the authorities and other powerful/well-connected individuals, and targeted a fair few times by mad scientists obsessed with his DNA. Hell, when J. Jonah Jameson became mayor, what did he do? Funnel the city's resources into a task force specifically to hunt and capture Spider-Man, and well before that, he sank his personal wealth into creating the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers to take Spider-Man down. Replace targeting Spider-Man in specific with targeting mutants in general, and JJ's actions don't seem all that different, except in scope, from the anti-mutant bigots in power and authority, or with wealth and connections, that the X-Men have fought over the years.

Come to think of it, the Hulk would be a very good option for a non-mutant hero joining the X-Men, too. He has it even worse than Spider-Man when it comes to being hunted and hounded by the authorities and distrusted, feared, and loathed by the general public (and by many of his fellow heroes), and he also has in common with mutants that government forces have attempted to weaponize him or his genetics in the past, only outright trying to kill him once it became clear that he couldn't (or wouldn't) be controlled or contained. Hell, it was the heroes' fear of the Hulk that led to Bruce Banner being betrayed on two separate occasions, with the second ending in his flat-out summary execution, and given how non-mutant heroes have not always been reliable allies to the X-Men, either, it could be a situation where "us feared and hated outcasts might as well stick together."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I agree with everything Huntsman Spider wrote, and from my own selfish standpoint, it's the X-Men and Spider-Man titles that have always kept me coming back to Marvel, so I'm obviously a sucker for anything that combines the two.

The Black Panther would make for an interesting addition as well, what with his ties to Storm, and ROM the Spaceknight strangely had a big part in the history of Rogue.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I agree with everything Huntsman Spider wrote, and from my own selfish standpoint, it's the X-Men and Spider-Man titles that have always kept me coming back to Marvel, so I'm obviously a sucker for anything that combines the two.

The Black Panther would make for an interesting addition as well, what with his ties to Storm, and ROM the Spaceknight strangely had a big part in the history of Rogue.
    Didn't absorbing him get her started on the path to redemption, at least before ROM was excised from the Marvel canon due to his rights ending up with a different publisher? And yes, the X-Men and Spider-Man are what keep me loyal to Marvel, too, so I love seeing them combined as well. In that regard, have you checked out the latest Ben Reilly issue? Turns out a very familiar X-Men villain has been working behind the scenes all along for the last few issues.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Synapse is an easy choice, she would be a great x-man especially if she is around Cable

Nico Minoru would be great

Pretty much any of the Young Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Nico Minoru would be great
    Yes. Yes she would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I think I wanna see a Spider-man/X-Men book again.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Didn't absorbing him get her started on the path to redemption, at least before ROM was excised from the Marvel canon due to his rights ending up with a different publisher? And yes, the X-Men and Spider-Man are what keep me loyal to Marvel, too, so I love seeing them combined as well. In that regard, have you checked out the latest Ben Reilly issue? Turns out a very familiar X-Men villain has been working behind the scenes all along for the last few issues.
    Yeah, sadly due to the rights issue we will probably never see those X-Men guest appearance ROM issues. Haven't had a chance to read the latest Scarlet Spider due to the holidays, but I plan on picking it up this Wednesday.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like quite a few non-mutant X-Men (and non X-Man mutants, like Justice and Aurora).

Jimaine Szardos/Amanda Sefton would be one of my top choices for a non-mutant X-person, although Mimic was definitely a favorite, and Danger was kind of interesting (as was Omega Sentinel, before her turn to the dark side).

Deathbird was also fun, hanging out with Bishop, back in the day. Hepzibah, on X-Force, meh.

And then there's a few token non-mutant aliens or cyborgs that I'm not so keen on, like Warlock or Gomi.
    Loved Bishop and Deathbird space hopping and gun slinging.

Would love to see a lttle more of Justice, Cloak, Dagger and Namor.

Spectacular Member

Well I'm getting my wish Venom in X-men Blue

Kamala. In fact, I wish she was a mutant instead.

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Kamala. In fact, I wish she was a mutant instead.
    Same with most Inhumans they could be mutants easily like that one which was in uncanny avengers.

Wait, can there be a mutant/Inhuman hybrid?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.