Page 563 of 750 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno about you, but I'm tired of the noble negro simp trope T'Challa gets forced into whenever or storms around. I want some ice cold savagery with a touch of pettiness if it gets her out of his franchise for good
    My bro, I could not agree more. If T'Challa and somebody else hooking up means that it will end the nonsense, then so be it!

Btw: currently finishing up one of the drawings I posted earlier. it's coming together very nicely./

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    just inject Aaron's T'Challa right into my veins
    His overall record may be mixed, but he does generally write a good, if not great, T'Challa/Black Panther.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    His overall record may be mixed, but he does generally write a good, if not great, T'Challa/Black Panther.
    Aaron is fast becoming my top candidate to write the next solo. Provided he doesn't try and replace T'Challa as BP I think he'd do a great job showing readers why T'Challa is the greatest BP of all time and one of Marvel's top heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    doesn't matter who, I would rather him just ice her like he did when he annualled the marriage. Short and sweet. "I care about you (kinda) but I need a QUEEN, one who has a responsibility to her people and not finicky and always ready to talk down and steal from those who accepted her from the jump.
    Lol, the cuckery written in that scene was deliberate and just trifling. No confident self respecting brotha is going to sweat a woman that flaked out on you, let alone one that's on the level of T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, the cuckery written in that scene was deliberate and just trifling. No confident self respecting brotha is going to sweat a woman that flaked out on you, let alone one that's on the level of T'Challa.
    i hated that moment maybe more than any other.

it's like some of these folks just can't have the man be the ace he is.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Aaron is fast becoming my top candidate to write the next solo. Provided he doesn't try and replace T'Challa as BP I think he'd do a great job showing readers why T'Challa is the greatest BP of all time and one of Marvel's top heroes.
    I agree with this if only cause right now Jason is a top writer and you would figure that he would have wide berth to craft broad, engrossing storylines for T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

That and the scene where he gets mad at Namor for doing what he himself refused to do are some of T'Challa's lowest points as a character. I wouldn't be mad if they recreated it with the roles reversed but we all know Marvel won't write T'Challa with that level of bass in his voice anymore. It would "tarnish his nobility" to tell Storm to stay out of his life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Truth, It makes you wonder who, and why is the decision made to not let someone with your skills just really cut loose with Black Panther book.

Astonishing Member

I agree with this if only cause right now Jason is a top writer and you would figure that he would have wide berth to craft broad, engrossing storylines for T'Challa.
    Yup. Aaron's lost a lot of his prestige the last few years and certainly has a dedicated group of fans who hate everything about him. But there's no denying he has a strong capture on T'Challa's voice and commands the eyes of readers if the property is high-profile enough. He'd bring the creative freedom and editorial protection that T'Challa needs atm to get him out the rut Coates has left him in.

That's the X-office in a nutshell. They thrive on portraying, Black society, Black women and Black mean in the most damaging and unflattering ways.

Wakanda -mutant racists.

Synch, Prodigy, Bishop, Bedlams, Cecilia Reyes, Bedlam Bros, Threnody, Gentle -wallpaper and non factors.

T'Challa -abusive

Storm - token, Don't use her when they have her and when they don't have her want her back. Even raised questions about her ethnicity.

Pretty obvious how they view Black characters.

Yup. Aaron's lost a lot of his prestige the last few years and certainly has a dedicated group of fans who hate everything about him. But there's no denying he has a strong capture on T'Challa's voice and commands the eyes of readers if the property is high-profile enough. He'd bring the creative freedom and editorial protection that T'Challa needs atm to get him out the rut Coates has left him in.
    Agree with all of this. However if he does get announced as the new BP writer, don’t be surprised if woke Twitter raises hell about it and tries to bully him off the solo like how they did with that writer that was supposed to write a Blade solo about him teaming up with his long lost daughter.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

It is a good thing only like 20 people remember those pages lol.

That and the scene where he gets mad at Namor for doing what he himself refused to do are some of T'Challa's lowest points as a character. I wouldn't be mad if they recreated it with the roles reversed but we all know Marvel won't write T'Challa with that level of bass in his voice anymore. It would "tarnish his nobility" to tell Storm to stay out of his life lol.
    yeah, talk about a terrible reason to have them fight. They had 10000 real reasons to choose from and picked that tomfoolery
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agree with all of this. However if he does get announced as the new BP writer, don’t be surprised if woke Twitter raises hell about it and tries to bully him off the solo like how they did with that writer that was supposed to write a Blade solo about him teaming up with his long lost daughter.
    As much as I agree that the situation with that white writer and Blade sets an alarming precedent, I'm happy we never got that story lol. I vehemently dislike the idea of Blade having a daughter and don't trust Marvel (as I don't trust them now w/ T'Challa) to not push her at his expense. But you're 100% right that there'll be fake outrage if a white writer takes on Black Panther.

People are idiots and we've entered an era where creators are forced into boxes about what they can and can't write about for arbitrary social reasons. But to be frank, T'Challa isn't a teenaged black girl like Blade's daughter was envisioned to be so I don't think Marvel will get as much criticism.

As much as I agree that the situation with that white writer and Blade sets an alarming precedent, I'm happy we never got that story lol. I vehemently dislike the idea of Blade having a daughter and don't trust Marvel (as I don't trust them now w/ T'Challa) to not push her at his expense. But you're 100% right that there'll be fake outrage if a white writer takes on Black Panther.

People are idiots and we've entered an era where creators are forced into boxes about what they can and can't write about for arbitrary social reasons. But to be frank, T'Challa isn't a teenaged black girl like Blade's daughter was envisioned to be so I don't think Marvel will get as much criticism.
    Well, Coates kills the argument that only a Black writer must write Black Panther.

Best qualifications? Actually like the character and follow the Golden Rule: Do No Harm!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, Coates kills the argument that only a Black writer must write Black Panther.

Best qualifications? Actually like the character and follow the Golden Rule: Do No Harm!
    Not for people on Twitter he doesn't, and that's who Marvel increasingly is getting their narrative cues from. That's why we're far more likely to get a Roxane Gay or Vita Ayala on the next solo than Jason Aaron or Redjack.

The types of BP writers that journalists and social media are going to heap Marvel with praise for generally see T'Challa as more of a vehicle for their politics and female side characters than a solo franchise unto himself. So my concern going forward is if Marvel will continue to put "literary" black writers like Coates on the BP books or are they gonna go with seasoned professionals of any race.

One would think Narcisse's Rise mini would go to show what strong T'Challa-centric storytelling can do commercially but then again WoW did well on digital and received more acclaim from the press. We'll see what happens but like I've said I think we're gonna see a trend of BP writers who don't truly like the character getting their shot at his books. They just won't get runs as long as Coates lol.