Page 395 of 662 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 9921

I don’t really see why the discussion of who is or isn’t going to buy Marauders is still happening? If you’re interested you’ll give it a try. If you’re skeptical you’ll wait and see. If you’re not into it, you won’t buy it. It’s really that simple. I feel like we should just leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Firstly - pump your brakes SP. I think this is the 3rd time you changed your reply, which sounds ridiculous, and comes off all kinds of salty for whatever reason. If you are sold on the book thatÂ’s fine, but donÂ’t think for a second youÂ’re going to dictate to me whether I will get the book or wait for another book lol. IÂ’m assuming you arenÂ’t trying to come off all frustrated and condescending but that how your post sounds. My reasoning isnÂ’t rocket science so it shouldnÂ’t be that hard to comprehend, and if you disagree with it...thatÂ’s fine *shrugs*. IÂ’ve yet to see anyone asking you to take it upon yourself to convince fans to buy the book before making a decision. ThatÂ’s the beauty of it not being up to you.
    See, I let that be. Cause, I know where this was going.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    There are even people here that take the same approach to BP. It's the nature of shared fandoms in the comic book community. Not everyone falls head over heels in love with certain premises. We all kinda do it in our own ways. One fan sees something they like or don't and they bring it to their fellow fans to gauge communal reactions. I've done the same in the past with Astonishing X-Men, WatX, X-Force and X-men Gold. Fan reaction pushed me to keep reading Astonishing. That and Bianchi's Storm. Lol WatX and X-force I bought sporadically and I gave gold a wide birth. Certain fans like certain things. I tend lean more towards stories that depict Storm in grand OP fashion. Marauders appears to follow that type of setup so I'm all aboard.
    I think my main problem pass the premise...I just feel like Storm is gonna be a big gun with no depth. Hit something with lightning, then have Kitty and Emma do all the story and character building.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would say that it would definitely put her in a position to go beyond whatever mjolnir can do. however, as we know potential doesnt equate to actual feats so we will have to see to what extent Hickman is going to explore her abilities.
    You're right. I would love to see her take control of the storm in Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. Not thrilled with the Marauders concept. And again it looks like the usual suspects are going to be front and center driving the story. If Storm hadn't been so crap x wise the past 15ish years, I might be more optimistic. But everything I see on the horizon so far feels very hollow. Her not being a leader is still laughable and we will see if anything comes out of herspoilers:
    being on the council
    end of spoilersbut given past history, I am doubtful.

The franchise has been reinvigorated, but Storm has not for me yet. I still feel no passion for the character from the creative team.
    Truthfully, I really don't want to feel that way. I just been let down so much with current Marvel writers and the premise sounds so uninteresting to me...I just can't be let down again.

Again, I want this book to be good. I just need proof before I go down this road again.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Firstly - pump your brakes SP. I think this is the 3rd time you changed your reply, which sounds ridiculous, and comes off all kinds of salty for whatever reason. If you are sold on the book thatÂ’s fine, but donÂ’t think for a second youÂ’re going to dictate to me whether I will get the book or wait for another book lol. IÂ’m assuming you arenÂ’t trying to come off all frustrated and condescending but that how your post sounds. My reasoning isnÂ’t rocket science so it shouldnÂ’t be that hard to comprehend, and if you disagree with it...thatÂ’s fine *shrugs*. IÂ’ve yet to see anyone asking you to take it upon yourself to convince fans to buy the book before making a decision. ThatÂ’s the beauty of it not being up to you.
    Stop right there. Not salty Let’s get that cleared out. Second, I’m only trying to understand your reason for dismissing a book to which your reason you gave doesn’t make sense. I agree it’s not rocket science it’s just to me illogical. I mean why bother. And oh No sir Dictate not at all. I merely gave you a suggestion. To which you already understood the suggestion. But given the response you gave is why I think it doesn’t make sense. So I’m turn I stated that you shouldn’t bother at all given your mind already being set. My intent wasn’t to sound condescending really. I’m not trying to convince Fans here. But what I am is pointing the fact out to the fans who have their minds set in a book they have yet read and have a negative outlook on due to the premise and the team and the writer when some of them have never read any of his work. The beauty is not about it being up to me. But about people as yourself who should be open and actually give a book a chance at least read 2-3 issues and decide(for themselves) instead of already writing it off like it’s a bad book to begin with. And relying on Fandom reviews when in reality it’s not going to change how you already perceive the book to be. That’s the Beauty sir and I hope you could understand that. That’s all I’m saying really.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I don’t really see why the discussion of who is or isn’t going to buy Marauders is still happening? If you’re interested you’ll give it a try. If you’re skeptical you’ll wait and see. If you’re not into it, you won’t buy it. It’s really that simple. I feel like we should just leave it there.
    The discussion is about giving the Book a try. Regardless of how you feel about it. If your mind is set up in not liking the Team or X-Men Pirates or Kitty Leading Storm? Then we know the Book isn’t for you. And why bother giving it a try.

IMO it doesn’t make sense for you to wait on Fandom reviews when you could have read 2 issues of it and say “Yeah, this is shit”. That’s all I’m saying really.....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-29-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm going to be very biased here and say that I'd prefer that Storm lead a team. With her knowledge, experience and leadership skills, really doesn't make sense why she isn't.

I'll have to amend my earlier comments about not reading X-books. I did read Remender's X-Force which I enjoyed.
    Right. This would never happen to Cyclops and he's been possessed by Apocalypse and killed the Professor

I don’t know that the X-men necessarily see them as “clones” tbh. At least in the way that they’re accustomed to. I believe they’re genuinely supposed to see the biological “husks” and quite literally a new body grown to the exact specifications of their last one, via The Five and more specifically Proteus’ reality warping. After all genetic codes/dna is unique to every living creature. Once X downloads their consciousness, essence, and anima into the husk I believe they would essentially be the “same” person they were before by any measurable context. Where as Madelyne was a biological clone of Jean with none of her essence, these “new” X-men are being imbued with the full essence of the person they were before their death. So I don’t really see them as just “clones” per se but as reanimated versions of themselves. At least with the information we’ve been given this far.

I do expect/want to hear the specifics of where Storm lies on this however. I think it is a bit of a moral/ethical dilemma, but only for some. I would personally do it myself if the hypothetical opportunity arose. To have my exact consciousness downloaded into an exact(or improved i.e scars, ailments, general wear and tear) genetic copy would be wonderful. A series called Altered Carbon dove into this exact dilemma before and I thought it was a super interesting story/situation to think about. I can definitely see how a lot of people more on the spiritual/religious side of things would be weirded by the concept of not inhabiting their original birth body but to me, scientifically, if we’re taking the resurrection process at its word so far, I would have no qualms with it. It would be interesting to to see Ororo’s perception of it though. On one hand I could see her thinking negatively of it because of its deviation from “nature” as we know it. However on the other hand, as long as the individual is in agreement with their resurrection, I could see her thinking that the choice of it is what is actually important. Especially after seeing so many of her friends die over the years for stupid and hateful reasons.
    How can you be the same after death? They download your essence in a cloned body and they act like it's not a huge matter. Exactly what is being downloaded? Do you remember your death?

Xaviers' got to be tampering with memories as well. No way that he leaves the moment of their deaths intact. And if they will be continually resurrected, it makes any death meaningless.

Or why not make multiple clones of Omega level mutants and just wipe out the enemy.

I don't think Storm should accept this notion of cloning and resurrection by Xavier.

BANNED

Marauders: [cancelled at 20 issues]
    Storm: [folded back into main X-Men book]
    Fans: Why doesn't Storm have a solo book/separate team??

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The discussion is about giving the Book a try. Regardless of how you feel about it. If your mind is set up in not liking the Team or X-Men Pirates or Kitty Leading Storm? Then we know the Book isn’t for you. And why bother giving it a try.

IMO it doesn’t make sense for you to wait on Fandom reviews when you could have read 2 issues of it and say “Yeah, this is shit”. That’s all I’m saying really.....
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    How can you be the same after death? They download your essence in a cloned body and they act like it's not a huge matter. Exactly what is being downloaded? Do you remember your death?

Xaviers' got to be tampering with memories as well. No way that he leaves the moment of their deaths intact. And if they will be continually resurrected, it makes any death meaningless.

Or why not make multiple clones of Omega level mutants and just wipe out the enemy.

I don't think Storm should accept this notion of cloning and resurrection by Xavier.

I mean, if we’re taking it by the word of the writer as being truth, then your consciousness, your essence, your anima, essentially an exact copy of your brain is what is being copied, stored, backed up every week, and placed into your exact genetically grown body/husk upon confirmed death. As far as remembering your death, I think since the back-up is made once a week, there’s a possibility that a few days might be missing in your memory. I’m sure however, that if for some reason you wanted to remember your death(not sure why anyone would want this), then X would agree to “fill you in” only telepathically.

In regards to why he wouldn’t just clone 1000 omega level mutants to wipe out the enemy, that’s exactly my argument for why this isn’t some wild, immoral resurrection cult. They have found a way to harness the power of Gods. The power of resurrection. I get it, the notion of that much power being held by a singular entity is frightening, if not terrifying. But that’s only when people assume the worst case scenario. They/ X have set parameters to make sure that this power is not abused or taken lightly. They only allow resurrection after explicitly confirmed deaths or if Cerebro was not able to verify your state of being after 30 days. Cerebro being capable of what is currently is, I think you would almost HAVE to be dead for it not to locate you over that period of time. And if you specifically wanted to be left dead upon initial death than I’m sure they would honor your wishes as you would remember them upon resurrection. So while it’s easy to say “well what’s to stop them from doing X, Y, Z and it turning out terribly?”. The answer is nothing. What’s to stop any superhero from causing mass destruction? What’s to stop the US from annihilating other counties with nuclear bombs because they can? There is always a choice between what can be done and what should be done. That isn’t any different in this scenario. Now mind you, the second I catch wind of Xavier tampering with, withholding, or altering the memories/spirit of any person he reanimates, I’m right there with the rest of a lot of you calling for his head and the end to this process. However everything we have to go on now suggests they are trying to handle this unique situation as carefully and responsibly as possible. It has 1000 different ways it could go wrong. That can be said for anything though. We have to wait and see how the story develops is all.

Stop right there. Not salty Let’s get that cleared out. Second, I’m only trying to understand your reason for dismissing a book to which your reason you gave doesn’t make sense. I agree it’s not rocket science it’s just to me illogical. I mean why bother. And oh No sir Dictate not at all. I merely gave you a suggestion. To which you already understood the suggestion. But given the response you gave is why I think it doesn’t make sense. So I’m turn I stated that you shouldn’t bother at all given your mind already being set. My intent wasn’t to sound condescending really. I’m not trying to convince Fans here. But what I am is pointing the fact out to the fans who have their minds set in a book they have yet read and have a negative outlook on due to the premise and the team and the writer when some of them have never read any of his work. The beauty is not about it being up to me. But about people as yourself who should be open and actually give a book a chance at least read 2-3 issues and decide(for themselves) instead of already writing it off like it’s a bad book to begin with. And relying on Fandom reviews when in reality it’s not going to change how you already perceive the book to be. That’s the Beauty sir and I hope you could understand that. That’s all I’m saying really.....

I feel you, SP. And I believe that’s what you intended to imply. However if I’m being honest I think it was your usage of “should/should not” that got your point misconstrued here. Just a misunderstanding of verbiage/phrasing here. That’s all, it happens all the time here. Happened to me just the other day over in the BP thread. No harm, no foul.

Me, personally? There isn’t a Storm book that I wouldn’t buy first and decide against upon evidence of mishandling. If for no other reason than to support her titles. But that’s me and I understand that not everybody feels that way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Marauders: [cancelled at 20 issues]
    Storm: [folded back into main X-Men book]
    Fans: Why doesn't Storm have a solo book/separate team??
    I'm not sure what just happened, but I'm sure it's not that serious. Some fans are used to being crapped on in regards to Storm and her portrayals since her marriage until now. It absolutely makes sense that some would be apprehensive about spending money on an "all new team, and brand new direction" for Storm when that's been happening since her mini Worlds Apart wrapped. Its sad that the X-books have no meaningful character development to show as proof of all the love they have for her.

It's always weird how people jump from Storm fans refusal to accept pretty pictures and smug poses with empty character beats. You don't get to just pull the wool over people's eyes since AvX til now and moan when they stop believing your words and start believing your actions. Did you miss her X-Monday? You should check it out.

Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe, just possibly, Storm didn’t want to lead? She’s had that pressure/burden so often over the years. I don’t think being an integral part to a team makes you any less valuable/important. I think jumping the gun to call it an insult or to take it as a negative is a bit premature.

BANNED

It's always weird how people jump from Storm fans refusal to accept pretty pictures and smug poses with empty character beats.
    It's weird how you think I haven't been a Storm fan for over 30 years.

BANNED

Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe, just possibly, Storm didn’t want to lead? She’s had that pressure/burden so often over the years. I don’t think being an integral part to a team makes you any less valuable/important. I think jumping the gun to call it an insult or to take it as a negative is a bit premature.
    Considering there's an apparent subset of fans that think Ororo's only viable future going forward is in being wifed up by Black Panther regardless of the actually quite visible trajectory of the movies (where, sorry, they're not going to be tossing out Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o for Storm any time soon), nothing surprises me anymore.

I'm all for Storm being active in the current BP run. It seems to be decent as does the romance revisit, though I personally doubt it's going to last. But my first interest is Storm for Storm, not Storm as a potential subsidiary of the MCU Black Panther franchise so let's focus on getting her there at the expense of everything else.
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure what just happened, but I'm sure it's not that serious. Some fans are used to being crapped on in regards to Storm and her portrayals since her marriage until now. It absolutely makes sense that some would be apprehensive about spending money on an "all new team, and brand new direction" for Storm when that's been happening since her mini Worlds Apart wrapped. Its sad that the X-books have no meaningful character development to show as proof of all the love they have for her.

It's always weird how people jump from Storm fans refusal to accept pretty pictures and smug poses with empty character beats. You don't get to just pull the wool over people's eyes since AvX til now and moan when they stop believing your words and start believing your actions. Did you miss her X-Monday? You should check it out.
    I seriously dont think there was a point in having her X-Monday. literally none of the questions relevant to her development were answered.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's funny, cause I'm willing to give it a chance but I have no desire to read it until I read the reviews. I value this Thread's opinions when it comes to Storm. If you guys say it's good, I was gonna read the first issue. I hate the premise and Kitty as the leader but if you guys like it, I will give it a chance.

You just dismissed my opinion and we were in the middle of a discussion...after that I was like fuck it.

I went and got my spellbook, wand, chicken blood and was gonna give it my always working "Captain Marvel" curse...joking..maybe...lol.