Page 546 of 568 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Come on now, we both know you can control your emotions way better than I do. The irony in all of this is that contrary to most folks here, I was never worried about John Stewart's treatment in the DCEU regardless of who was in charge. It has always been the opposite for me, John was one of the few characters I thought would never be sidelined in live-action because WB just doesn't want the headaches. With comic book fans it's one thing since the DC fanbase has long been conditioned to see certain characters in certain positions. With the general audience that doesn't always fly, especially today when the demand for better representation is front and center in entertainment culture. Based on that, I don't think Geoff would try to portray John Stewart as anything less than an equal partner to Hal Jordan, because even if he tries, they just wouldn't let him do that. Stewart is either going to be the focus character or the co-protagonist, he won't be the BBF or the wallflower. That crap is over.
    I feel much better now It would be insane for Geoff Johns to try to put John in the background when there's a lot of talk about John Stewart and this huge demand for representation like what you said. I never thought about it that way, since this is the general audience, rather than comic fans. I don't think he could get away with it. All of this stuff falls back not on Geoff Johns, but WB themselves.

I'm also shocked that you still think John Stewart still have higher chances of being more focused on the movie than Hal Jordan, despite Geoff Johns being involved.

The two should be equally focused in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm also shocked that you still think John Stewart still have higher chances of being more focused on the movie than Hal Jordan, despite Geoff Johns being involved.

The two should be equally focused in the film.
    Well, partially the reason is because WB has been treating Hal like crap for years. At this point in time, I have no reason to believe they see value in the character beyond being the guy who's there to put over the new guy. And given that Johns is not in an executive position any longer and he's just the writer of the feature, it's not like he can do whatever he likes and they would just greenlight whatever he gives them. Based on that, I don't think Hal has any supporters in WB, while John does for all the reasons you guys have been pointing out in this thread. So yeah, Geoff Johns or no Geoff Johns, I don't personally think John Stewart fans have much to worry about as far how the character will be presented. The only thing people should worry about is if the movie will actually be made.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Can't wait for Justice Leaguge #2 to come out. As I speculated earlier in this thread months ago, I believe Batman is going to try to recruit John Stewart to be in the Justice League. And I'm sure they're going to need him. Man, I'm so hyped for this week!

I believe this is from issue 2.

Well, partially the reason is because WB has been treating Hal like crap for years. At this point in time, I have no reason to believe they see value in the character beyond being the guy who's there to put over the new guy. And given that Johns is not in an executive position any longer and he's just the writer of the feature, it's not like he can do whatever he likes and they would just greenlight whatever he gives them. Based on that, I don't think Hal has any supporters in WB, while John does for all the reasons you guys have been pointing out in this thread. So yeah, Geoff Johns or no Geoff Johns, I don't personally think John Stewart fans have much to worry about as far how the character will be presented. The only thing people should worry about is if the movie will actually be made.
    Now I understand why you're skeptical. Hal being on the DC intro logo could probably result in him still being relevant as much as John on the big screen. But you're absolutely right about Geoff Johns' position. I didn't know Geoff Johns was demoted. I thought it was the other way around, since Patty Jenkins congratulated him on twitter. I'm very ignorant when it comes to the movie industry business.

Mighty Member

I've been reading Venditti's recent GL run with the whole Zod and Darkstar stuff. (shoutout to Black Adam on here) John may not get overall focus in this series but i feel that Venditti writes him well. Never once did i get the impression that John was wallpaper or was the BBF. He's involved! And at the end of the day, that's what i want.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I've been reading Venditti's recent GL run with the whole Zod and Darkstar stuff. (shoutout to Black Adam on here) John may not get overall focus in this series but i feel that Venditti writes him well. Never once did i get the impression that John was wallpaper or was the BBF. He's involved! And at the end of the day, that's what i want.
    Robert Venditti is one of the few writers that really does like John Stewart, unlike most other writers. Never once I thought Venditti had anything against the character. Fans rarely bring this up, but Venditti is one of the few writers who gives the other lanterns time to shine equally. We never really seen this with other writers when it involves John Stewart. One of my biggest gripes about the series concerning John Stewart is that there's been times where him and the entire Corps isn't present in the entire issue while Hal is the only one. This happened multiple times already. I wouldn't even be surprised if Venditti didn't make this decision, but this may be coming from editorial. If it wasn't for the name of the title and John and others being MIA at times, then I would have bought the book.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-18-2018 at 03:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Great find!

I wonder why Sinestro's constructs are violet instead of yellow... Maybe he gets ultraviolet powers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I agree. John is not playing second fiddle and I like how he handles Zod. He's strategizing and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    That looks incredible. So John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter is the only leaguers on the cover. I guess Scott Snyder really was serious when he said they were going to be the dynamic on the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Great find!

I wonder why Sinestro's constructs are violet instead of yellow... Maybe he gets ultraviolet powers as well?
    That's a great question.

Did Sinestro discover it first, John somehow takes it, and now the conflict between them is about controlling the UV?

John having power that Sinestro thinks is rightfully his is enough to justify a rivalry.

Perhaps they don't need to bring up Kat to have a legitimate conflict.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 06-19-2018 at 07:49 AM.

John Stewart looks like he's gone bald and has a beard it seems.

JL issue #2 preview. John Stewart approved.
    https://nerdist.com/justice-league-2-exclusive-preview/

So he's been the GLC leader "for years"? That's interesting.

So he's been the GLC leader "for years"? That's interesting.
    Between when he would have probably officially taken over and all the time between that, the mini's where the Corps. was in limbo, and then when most of Venditti's run, I can only see it being for 2 years at most.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John Stewart looks like he's gone bald and has a beard it seems.
    I think it's just that his head is titled and Cheung has done a lot of cross-hatching.