Page 115 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Too me I feel like Nakia being a Spy the whole time was just a random Plot Point to me. Like why does that matter.......NOW? Because she’s going to die? Yeah, no not interested.

Let me explain. Do I LIKE Coates as a writer? No. Do I like how he writes Storm? Yes. Is he the best of the best since sliced bread? No. Has he developed the character in any good way? Yes. Has he even tried to explain and dig deeper into that development? No.

Do I want him to write a Storm Solo? Given how Boring he is and his pacing is terrible and may never fully explain plots???

No. I do not want him writing Storm......IMO.
    OMG, I found a storm fan I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Does anyone have the link to interviews or scans about Tchalla being peak human without the herb ans super human with it? I can't remember if it was hickman or David Liss who said it
    Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

First off, ahhhh David Liss, how I miss thee. T'challa thinking and analyzing mid battle, T'challa was the mild arrogance, T'challa 6 hitter combo...

Bast, why are you testing us with Coates? Haven't we always been loyal to you!

More importantly,

I've always wondered where Liss was going with that line about being peak human there. Is it he simply forgot he wasn't enhanced by Bast anymore? Does the HSH/Bast make you peak human + a little extra? Did T'challa take it for so long he kept some of the effects? Was it just a cool ass line lol?

T'challa's pure feats during the Liss era are some of his best quickness and agility feats he has in the comics period. And without the BP title. Is this just good ol' fashion typical MU comic power level issues where everything from Widow to Captain America is the same and you really don't get a true level up til Spider-Man?

You could say "HSH makes you super human" but there are no consistent feats to support that.

Sigh... I miss talking Black Panther nerd stuff lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I will say I felt bad for BP fans he didnt appear but that makes me believe he has something extra special in store for tchalla. i trust him. he hasnt failed me yet.
    Yeah because he has such a good or even decent track record of giving tchalla any special or meaningful feats during his four years writing on the book. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Yeah because he has such a good or even decent track record of giving tchalla any special or meaningful feats during his four years writing on the book. ��
    Well, that one time he stopped the invasion of 12 people by convincing Changamire to give a good speech and summoning the old panthers thanks to Eden and getting the Doras to back off by telling SHuri to give a speech.

And that other time he tricked Klaw to get disintegrated by Thunderballs gadget and when he gave Ororo a peptalk to go God mode!

Remember that great stuff!?

Extra funny because he finally, eventually, beat Stane and captured him, by himself.... in Captain America's book lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Good times

Did you forget how he handled Goon Slam Garry?

What about that time he told those dictators to leave?

Or when told Tetu and Zenzi that he would beat them?

All of this was on panel too.

They should rename this book 4 Years A Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Coates has something special in store for T’Challa? Hm, lets see, in the first season Zenzi and Tetu aren’t stopped by him but a shade throwing speech by Changaroo. In the second season, Coates just has Storm take over the book along with defeating the main villain. So really what’s makes you think this clown is gonna be any different this season in terms of T’Challas treatment especially he still continues to give all the feats to Storm instead of the freaking title character?
    While it's fair to say Storm did the heavy lifting against the Adversary in season 2, it actually was T'Challa who defeats Tetu in season one. The speech does water down the numbers of Tetu's army, but it's T'Challa summoning the ghost Wakandans which defeat it. And T'Challa himself putting down Tetu with his spear.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While it's fair to say Storm did the heavy lifting against the Adversary in season 2, it actually was T'Challa who defeats Tetu in season one. The speech does water down the numbers of Tetu's army, but it's T'Challa summoning the ghost Wakandans which defeat it. And T'Challa himself putting down Tetu with his spear.
    He needed Eden to open that portal and Tetu was never a threat physically. The HZ leader would have beat him if he turned his weapon the correct direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He needed Eden to open that portal and Tetu was never a threat physically. The HZ leader would have beat him if he turned his weapon the correct direction.
    Sure, T'Challa had help to stop Tetus army. Point being that T'CHalla did actually stop Tetu, not Changs speech.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s true, but Coates pacing is extremely slow and boring. Reading Captain America proves this fact. So if he did make a Storm Solo would it be good? Sure. But it’s going to be boring as Hell. Then slowly people start to lose interest.

But anyway that’s neither here or there. Today’s issue was good I wanna see a little bit more dialogue between the Symbiote and N’Jadaka

Ugh you again. -_-
    just setting the record straight. kysses

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Coates has something special in store for T’Challa? Hm, lets see, in the first season Zenzi and Tetu aren’t stopped by him but a shade throwing speech by Changaroo. In the second season, Coates just has Storm take over the book along with defeating the main villain. So really what’s makes you think this clown is gonna be any different this season in terms of T’Challas treatment especially he still continues to give all the feats to Storm instead of the freaking title character?
    as xpac pointed out it was tchalla efforts that abated tetu and zenzi. also let's not forget it was tchalla who build a team of heroes that allowed for him to defeat claw and adversary. he is the nucleus to the operation. yes granted storm took kn the main villain but it was tchalla who was the mastermind who set the path for that to occur. storm didnt even believe she was capable of defeating adversary. but to answer your question there are two things that let me know. since this issue didnt have tchalla at all that let's me know the next issue will be tchalla heavy and secondly the cover has his face on it with his ancestors inside his face. I doubt the heroes that appeared this issue will even show up in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh yes I'm sure he does, I mean he totally has a good track record of letting making sure T'Challa shines brighter than everyone in his Solo. From S1 having Eden, changamire, and a Lord of the rings rip off scene to defeat the big bad. From S2 having Thunderball and Storm defeat the mini boss and big bad, from a complete rando killing N'Jadaka, and Okoye beating the newly formed symbiote killmonger, and Storm so far being recognized as the hope and key to the maroons victory as well as showing her multiple times destroying his armies.. I'm sure he will pull through and have T'Challa have his big no Strings attached moment...

see above. tchalla is the brain of the operation which by design allows for him to not do all the heavy lifting.

you dont think him defeating all of his past enemies by himself to prove himself before the galatic wakandans was impressive??

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    please speak facts as you always do boo!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

just setting the record straight. kysses

as xpac pointed out it was tchalla efforts that abated tetu and zenzi. also let's not forget it was tchalla who build a team of heroes that allowed for him to defeat claw and adversary. he is the nucleus to the operation. yes granted storm took kn the main villain but it was tchalla who was the mastermind who set the path for that to occur. storm didnt even believe she was capable of defeating adversary. but to answer your question there are two things that let me know. since this issue didnt have tchalla at all that let's me know the next issue will be tchalla heavy and secondly the cover has his face on it with his ancestors inside his face. I doubt the heroes that appeared this issue will even show up in the next issue.

see above. tchalla is the brain of the operation which by design allows for him to not do all the heavy lifting.

you dont think him defeating all of his past enemies by himself to prove himself before the galatic wakandans was impressive??

please speak facts as you always do boo!
    The light projection villains? Your giving Tchalla credit for passing a Danger Room exercise? He beat the Avenger holograms in BP vs DP. Nobody hyped that up because it's not real.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The light projection villains? Your giving Tchalla credit for passing a Danger Room exercise? He beat the Avenger holograms in BP vs DP. Nobody hyped that up because it's not real.
    first let's not act like the danger room is a kiddie carnival you can most certainly be seriously injured or even die when going through those simulations. and yes I would imagine those creations were also just as formidable as the real things.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I decided to read BP# 21 (193) on a whim. I knew space was still going on but why is he still dragging Storm into this out of continuity mess? What are the editors doing?
    "Cable was right!"

first let's not act like the danger room is a kiddie carnival you can most certainly be seriously injured or even die when going through those simulations. and yes I would imagine those creations were also just as formidable as the real things.
    Simulations can never be the real thing. Unless they copied the villains brainwaves and cloned their bodies it's an asterisk.

Let's analyze. Tchalla can beat all his worst villains at the same time solo, but Goon Slam Gary gets a hit in, Tetu can restrain him with vines, the Fenris Twins with goons can blow his costume off.

Something is not adding up. And notice he did it off panel. If it was as epic as Storm disabling a fleet, it be on panel. If you notice, Coates' bit feart fornTchalla are off panel while Storms are on.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-27-2020 at 09:57 AM.

See that right there was one of the biggest facepalms I had in S1. Coates literally had Akili run up on Tetu and knock him on his ass.. in the big showdown. So when T'Challa hit him with the spear it was kinda like "Okay but Akili took him down by hitting him with the butt of his gun
    Had he just ya know, ran up on him and shot him in the face it would of been over..

But people will try and spin this as some great victory for T'Challa..

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I decided to read BP# 21 (193) on a whim. I knew space was still going on but why is he still dragging Storm into this out of continuity mess? What are the editors doing?
    Since Storm is his girlfriend at the moment, having her in the story makes sense. Aside from the potential help she offers as being one of the most powerful beings on the planet, you'd think he'd want to see her after all this time.