Page 428 of 744 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This x10000

BP2 being a great movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> setting up anything at all.

Hence why I want Namor as a villain only. I don't need precious screen time being wasted on making Namor and Atlantis some sympathetic thing that needs to be saved so he can be used in other movies.

I want T'challa, Okoye, M'baku, Shuri and the BP cast given more screen time. Not wasted Namor so can show up in Dr. Strange 3 or some shit.

If they really want to introduce Atlantis or Namor in some way, use Attuma or Tiger Shark or some blue atlantean dude as a throw away mercenary hired to take T'challa out while he is on some UN tour. Have Achebe be the one trying to cause international turmoil by using an atlantean.

you get your quick tease that Atlantis exists (you can even have Namor pop up on screen ot deny their involvement), get a cool action scene, but still usin ga BP villain and moving on.
    Civil War was a great movie, and it set up both Black Panther and Spider-Man.

That's the difference between MCU and DC ... marvel can't just do one or the other, they can do both.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-26-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    When people like kyss, myself and a few others come in here to share things in regards to T’challa and Ororo, the reflection always seems to be in some part “don’t talk about Storm here she’s not relevant to BP”. Which is wild because like... she’s literally one of the main characters in his book right now. .
    Not you in particular (because your name isn't familiar to me) but that is because some of the storm fanatics come in here only to talk about Storm. Which isn't what the thread is about. They show up when Storm happens to show up, only talk about Storm, pretend to like T'challa but don't... unless T'challa is propping up Storm. They have no sense of history with the character at all, haven't read any of his books unless Storm is in it. But at the same time pretend to be experts on T'challa.

It is incredibly transparent what is going on. And it happens like clockwork, only when Storm shows up in his book. These posters are never around otherwise.

A giant fan cast picture of Storm obviously fits much better in a storm thread (I would assume it is already there).

I mean, Namor fans don't come in here spamming Namor casting rumors despite his name being connected to BP2 just as much as Storm do they?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Civil War was a great movie, and it set up both Black Panther and Spider-Man.

That's the difference between MCU and DC ... marvel can't just do one or the other, they can do both.
    I think CW and Ragnarok did what they did to break the stigmata of the third movie curse. So Namor, Storm, and Doom can show up in #3 if Chadwick doenst plan on doing anymore BP solo films.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Chill with throwing hotep accusations around lol. I wasn't talking about that. Posting news about an actress saying she wants to play Storm is just not relevant here, especially when said post didn't mention BP in her tweet.
    She did mention Ryan Coogler.

I don't think they'll cast Stirm until they cast the rest of the Xmen. Because it kinda locks in their ages of what to expect from the others excluding Wolverine. Unless they're going for Xmen Evaluation. Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ha ha YES! This is great keep it coming!.. but I would give Coogler a pass because atleast he did it right in implementing the stuff we wanted to see
    Thanks again! yep, more laughs to come. Let's have some fun! anywhu, I got nothing but respect for Coogler’s interpretation of the BP. Problem is—it’s still “copying” concepts from a little old fan comic called… a fan comic that pre-dates the film. Who did it first? BP fans & the franchise have to dispute the facts & not the person delivering the facts. Undisputed. Those are the facts. Forget about me (Muad'Dib) & deal strictly with the information. They expose themselves & the dark-side. Worth mentioning- that’s all!

KIMOYO BEADS? The KIMOYO RINGS did it first- WWO! been there done that! (second panel) rocket vs. shuri/ rocket & groot next to hell-spawn < >

Shuri driving? Say, they should put that in the movie... wait! it's already been done (2015) Shuri wearing kimoyo beads & holding kimoyo ring in her hand! duh!

now what can they say? something negative in my direction or dance around the proof that's right in front of them. documentation defeats argumentation!
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 07-26-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The one benefit I can see of bringing Namor in is that introducing additional MCU nations means you can elevate the general threat level without having to repeatedly go to the well of universal threats.

Also, if they have all these super nations pop up it serves as a good into for mutants. Everyone will be on edge if there is a "superhuman arms race" and then all of a sudden mutants start popping up in the general population at any time.

It would be a majorly destabilizing effect, especially in a superpowered cold war. Governments would try to round them up for conscription, elimination, or study. People would be afraid of them popping up in their kids schools, etc.

It would actually make the idea of mutants make sense in the context of the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    1. Wakanda gets established as a major power by both introducing Atlantis to the world stage and beating it in a pitched battle (BP2)
    2. Wakanda further asserts itself on the world stage by being one of only a few countries to provide support to the mutant cause (X-Men films/throwaway line in BP2 if Storm's introduced)
    3. BP (as he does in the comics) establishes a group of influential leaders like Reed, Namor, and Professor X to stop the Incursions (future Avengers film with T'Challa as leader)

All of that is free tech feats and political points for BP so more superpowered nations and struggling mutants could raise the relevance of the franchise and integrate it into the MCU further lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Plus it cements BP as the "Iron Man" of the next Saga.

All of the movies in way or another tie into Iron Man or Captain America's stories. It looks like they may be trying to position Dr. Strange there with the Multiverse, but if they do some sort of superhuman arms race then Wakanda and BP make perfect sense as the lynchpin.
    Agreed. If T'Challa dies in a future movie I want him to get what Iron Man got at the end of Endgame, not Black Widow (RIP tho). You don't get a grand send off unless you're actually meaningful to the broader universe and have a thing that made you definitive. Iron Man made modern SHIELD and was the one to usher in the era of superheroes. T'Challa can be the hero that guides Earth as it enters the era of mutants/Inhumans, superpowered nations, and the technological arms races that surround them.

Simply put, every major hero needs their thing. All the MCU's magical stories will somehow involve Doctor Strange. Cosmic stuff is where Captain Marvel will be the leader. If T'Challa is supposed to stand alongside them as pillars of the hero community, he should be the pointman on the superpowered politics impacting the entire globe. He should be managing relations between Atlantis and the surface, making treaties against trafficking in Latverian tech, setting up peace agreements in Niganda, helping fund the X-Men, etc.
    Maybe I'm being to apprehensive, but I don't see how you can do everything you're talking about here in one movie while T'Challa is still the focus. It's very very ambitious, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it's putting too much movie in a movie (something the Aquaman film had a problem with). You suddenly have to throw in lots and lots of exposition to get people up to speed, and you lose character development because of that. This sort of thing you're describing works in comics or a TV series where you have more than enough time to tell all those plot threads, not in a 2-3 hour film.

What Coogler has shown me at least in the first film is that he sees T'Challa and Wakanda as a beacon of hope that can be used to help and make the world a better place. I don't see you can fully realise that idea if you're putting Wakanda at war with yet another secret advanced nation. All you're doing is emphasising why Wakanda is a global instrument of war, not of peace.

What I want (and what I think Coogler should do) is go in the direction of showing Wakanda actually start to make changes in a world (being the MCU world) that we know now has issues of systematic oppression, especially for the black diaspora. Think about how bold that is for a second. Part of what made the first film connect with so many of us was the wish fulfillment. Killmonger's dream is something many recognise as violent, but the idea behind irt (fighting back against centuries of ongoing oppression) is something many people WISH they could do. That's why the character became a huge deal, because as fictional as he was, several of his lines played on people's real emotions. I still think that little speech N'Jobu gave to T'Chaka in his apartment is the boldest scene in the entire MCU, because it was, as they say, "real shit."

The sequel needs to come with that same energy, or I guarantee you it will not have the same reverence as the first film. You talk about politics, and I say this is the kind of politics the sequel should zero in on. I admit being the pointman of all superhero politics sounds appealing, but you have to put him on that level first, which is what the sequel needs to do first by establishing and discussing Wakanda as the new world superpower running things people don't expect, in ways that speak truth to the audience, in ways they WISH things could be in the real world. Like Killmonger said, "Wakanda has the tools to liberate them all" but this time it's science, information, education, poverty reduction, aid, refugee programs, and social outreach. How do world governments feel about that? How does that change the dynamics of who's on top and who's at the bottom? How does that shake up the status quo? That's the sort of thing the sequel should address because no film has ever gone there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Look what I won’t claim to do is know the intentions of other posters. If that was intentionally posted with the purpose of riling things up then that’s not cool. But how is the tweet not related to Black Panther... when she’s specifically trying to get the role for BP2. She tagged Ryan Coogler and Kevin Feige. Is there a Black Panther movie thread that it should be talked about in instead? If not, I don’t see how it’s completely unrelated. When people like kyss, myself and a few others come in here to share things in regards to T’challa and Ororo, the reflection always seems to be in some part “don’t talk about Storm here she’s not relevant to BP”. Which is wild because like... she’s literally one of the main characters in his book right now.
    I'll admit I didn't see that Yetide tagged Coogler (seeing that he doesn't have a Twitter account) because I don't look at hashtags for some habit/reason. Still, my initial comment was not directed at you, and it does not particularly make her post relevant here still. I'm saying that so we keep things on topic, because one thing I particularly do not like is when suddenly I have to go through 5 pages of pointless and stale Storm debate. It's the same things over and over, the same feelings, the same arguments. It derails the thread, and it's not needed. Good on Yetide for pulling a Simu Liu and campaigning for Storm (she is actually a pick I would love to see), but seeing as how many would react to Storm stuff here, why post it here? A rumour that Storm may appear in the sequel is far more relevant to the topic that someone campaigning for a role likely to not be initially attached to BP.

I should also add this and make of it what you will: I would greatly like Storm as a character if I personally felt she had a lot more going for her other than being BP's fling at the moment. I would greatly like to see her contribute something to the recent House of X/Powers of X event that justifies her existence as an X-Man. Some people have said it here, and I completely agree with it: There is no point associating Storm with the BP franchise if the X-Books aren't ready to relinquish her to the BP franchise fully. Seeing that will probably never happen, I want to see Storm be a fully fledged character with her own agency and more standout moments and stories in the franchise she is part of now, rather than being in the background there and then being in another franchise as a supporting character. You'd be wrong to assume I'm a Storm hater, because the time she was used in Hudlin's BP run are among my favourite BP stories. I'm simply saying I do not think what you want for her is what she deserves.

More villains in BP2!

If Taskmaster wasn't already in BW, I'd say intro him in BP.

I think we need a female villain in BP2 so somebody cast Madam Slay or Queen Zanda already.

Maybe I'm being to apprehensive, but I don't see how you can do everything you're talking about here in one movie while T'Challa is still the focus. It's very very ambitious, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it's putting too much movie in a movie (something the Aquaman film had a problem with). You suddenly have to throw in lots and lots of exposition to get people up to speed, and you lose character development because of that. This sort of thing you're describing works in comics or a TV series where you have more than enough time to tell all those plot threads, not in a 2-3 hour film.

What Coogler has shown me at least in the first film is that he sees T'Challa and Wakanda as a beacon of hope that can be used to help and make the world a better place. I don't see you can fully realise that idea if you're putting Wakanda at war with yet another secret advanced nation. All you're doing is emphasising why Wakanda is a global instrument of war, not of peace.

What I want (and what I think Coogler should do) is go in the direction of showing Wakanda actually start to make changes in a world (being the MCU world) that we know now has issues of systematic oppression, especially for the black diaspora. Think about how bold that is for a second. Part of what made the first film connect with so many of us was the wish fulfillment. Killmonger's dream is something many recognise as violent, but the idea behind irt (fighting back against centuries of ongoing oppression) is something many people WISH they could do. That's why the character became a huge deal, because as fictional as he was, several of his lines played on people's real emotions. I still think that little speech N'Jobu gave to T'Chaka in his apartment is the boldest scene in the entire MCU, because it was, as they say, "real shit."

The sequel needs to come with that same energy, or I guarantee you it will not have the same reverence as the first film. You talk about politics, and I say this is the kind of politics the sequel should zero in on. I admit being the pointman of all superhero politics sounds appealing, but you have to put him on that level first, which is what the sequel needs to do first by establishing and discussing Wakanda as the new world superpower running things people don't expect, in ways that speak truth to the audience, in ways they WISH things could be in the real world. Like Killmonger said, "Wakanda has the tools to liberate them all" but this time it's science, information, education, poverty reduction, aid, refugee programs, and social outreach. How do world governments feel about that? How does that change the dynamics of who's on top and who's at the bottom? How does that shake up the status quo? That's the sort of thing the sequel should address because no film has ever gone there before.

I'll admit I didn't see that Yetide tagged Coogler (seeing that he doesn't have a Twitter account) because I don't look at hashtags for some habit/reason. Still, my initial comment was not directed at you, and it does not particularly make her post relevant here still. I'm saying that so we keep things on topic, because one thing I particularly do not like is when suddenly I have to go through 5 pages of pointless and stale Storm debate. It's the same things over and over, the same feelings, the same arguments. It derails the thread, and it's not needed. Good on Yetide for pulling a Simu Liu and campaigning for Storm (she is actually a pick I would love to see), but seeing as how many would react to Storm stuff here, why post it here? A rumour that Storm may appear in the sequel is far more relevant to the topic that someone campaigning for a role likely to not be initially attached to BP.

I should also add this and make of it what you will: I would greatly like Storm as a character if I personally felt she had a lot more going for her other than being BP's fling at the moment. I would greatly like to see her contribute something to the recent House of X/Powers of X event that justifies her existence as an X-Man. Some people have said it here, and I completely agree with it: There is no point associating Storm with the BP franchise if the X-Books aren't ready to relinquish her to the BP franchise fully. Seeing that will probably never happen, I want to see Storm be a fully fledged character with her own agency and more standout moments and stories in the franchise she is part of now, rather than being in the background there and then being in another franchise as a supporting character. You'd be wrong to assume I'm a Storm hater, because the time she was used in Hudlin's BP run are among my favourite BP stories. I'm simply saying I do not think what you want for her is what she deserves.
    Course, you can argue calling people trolls for posting Storm related stuff does just as much to detrail the thread as the actual Storm post. Isn't it easier for those not interested in discussing Storm to simply ignore the post and not discuss her? Or you can take it to the mods if you REALLY think it's off topic, but given Storm is actually BP's girlfriend in the book there's probably going to be a lot of latitide in that regard.

I can totally respect that and can personally agree to only post on things that have a relation to T’challa here, like I usually do. Don’t want anyone to think that I/we ever have the intention of busting up in here and derailing the thread from its intended character. It’s good to know it’s not personal against Storm the character and I’m hoping that with her elevation to an Omega level mutant, 1/14 in Hickman’s story that as you said, she’s gets some good development there. I personally like her and T’challa together and what Coates has been doing with their relationship, but understand that a lot of others don’t and that’s fine. Apologies for flying a bit off the handle earlier and thanks for your reply.

Incredible Member

I just want Tchalla to be the Main Focus and Namor being the main villian is the MCU saying Tchalla cant carry his own solo film...Also The Namor and Tchalla beef isnt that interesting anymore..Establish Madam Slay or MCU version of the Supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I just want Tchalla to be the Main Focus and Namor being the main villian is the MCU saying Tchalla cant carry his own solo film...Also The Namor and Tchalla beef isnt that interesting anymore..Establish Madam Slay or MCU version of the Supremacists.
    Given BP's first movie did over a billion dollars, I don't think anything marvel does can fairly be interreted as them thinking T'Challa can't cary his own solo film. Obviously they already know he can. Whatever villain is used, be it Namor or Madam Slay or whatever, is likely there simply because Coogler wants to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    My only problem with this is that she is Nigerian. I know there are some Kenyan actresses out there!

Agreed. If T'Challa dies in a future movie I want him to get what Iron Man got at the end of Endgame, not Black Widow (RIP tho). You don't get a grand send off unless you're actually meaningful to the broader universe and have a thing that made you definitive. Iron Man made modern SHIELD and was the one to usher in the era of superheroes. T'Challa can be the hero that guides Earth as it enters the era of mutants/Inhumans, superpowered nations, and the technological arms races that surround them.

Simply put, every major hero needs their thing. All the MCU's magical stories will somehow involve Doctor Strange. Cosmic stuff is where Captain Marvel will be the leader. If T'Challa is supposed to stand alongside them as pillars of the hero community, he should be the pointman on the superpowered politics impacting the entire globe. He should be managing relations between Atlantis and the surface, making treaties against trafficking in Latverian tech, setting up peace agreements in Niganda, helping fund the X-Men, etc.
    Although he may potentially die on the battlefield in the future, I would not mind if Chadwick Boseman would be willing to portray him in his older years as an experienced long lasting monarch, who survived the threats that came before.

Thought this was the Storm thread teehee my bad for posting that