Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Fear, you say? I'll see your fear and raise you some loathing.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

This is (chef's kiss) magnificent!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm having fun with this horror prompt!
    All of my books will be taking part plus I'm building on threads from the main book in the miniseries Uncanny X-Men: Fear Itself!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm having fun with this horror prompt!
    All of my books will be taking part plus I'm building on threads from the main book in the miniseries Uncanny X-Men: Fear Itself!
    The fear is spreading!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Okay, so I’m going to make a big twenty-point cash-in from THE MIGHTY THOR for the “To me, my Plotters!” reward! This will result in a “line-wide event” book where plotters of other books have the option of tying in! This will be our first line-wide event since the fan-favorite NEGATION and I’m hoping it will be a special one. I’d like to invite all plotters to participate. For next month, the only thing we have to fear, is…

This is FEAR ITSELF, AOM style!

If you’ve been following THE MIGHTY THOR, you know that countless ages ago the elder god Gaea, a.k.a. Mother Earth, succeeded in banishing her evil brother, Chthon, to a prison dimension. But in a shocking turn of events that resulted in the death of Thor(!), Chthon earned his freedom… and now he’s coming for us all! Chthon is the original practitioner of black magic and the author of the Darkhold, the most famous (and accursed) spell-book in the universe. His writings are responsible for, among other things, the creation of most earthly monsters - and in his prison dimension, Chthon has created Realms and Pantheons full of them!

Chthon’s forces include the denizens of the Realms of K’Lay, the Dark World Tree, and the Horror Gods who rule those Realms:
    Dhampiraj. Vampiric world hosting the Ampir Pantheon of blood-sucking gods, lead by All-Sire Vanthirius.
    Varúlfur. Realm of werewolves, ruled by Alpha Prime, godly pack-leader.
    Allograft. Realm of Frankenstein-style monsters and mad scientists, dominated by Dr. Demogag’s Monster, a flesh-golem comprised of the stitched-together remains of powerful gods.
    Yacuran. Realm of creatures from black lagoons, ruled by Black Amphibious: first god-spawn.
    Iping. Realm of the invisible men. We can’t see who rules them.

Escaping into our universe after millennia locked in their own Dark Worlds, these monsters and Horror Gods want our worlds for their own! They are… Fear Itself!

TL;DR: The evil elder god, Chthon, and his Dark Worlds filled with classic monsters are taking over our universe! Your characters can fights vampires, werewolves, Frankensteins, and more - or, perhaps, your characters become them?

Rules

The story will be told in a Four-Issue Event Miniseries called FEAR ITSELF plotted by me. This will be where the primary story unfolds. During that time, all other plotters are invited to tie-in with their own books. This can be accomplished in the following ways:

(1) Directly. Your book’s monthly solicitation can tie-in to the events of Fear Itself. The solicitation would look like “BOOK X #18 *Fear Itself Tie-In*.” All plotters who do this will get one extra reward point for their book.

(2) Stand Alone Tie-Ins. If you don’t want to interrupt the flow of your normal series, you can do a tie-in mini-series (or one shot) of your own. It would be a separate, and second, solicitation submitted using characters you already control and would look like “CHARACTER X: FEAR ITSELF #1.” Normal miniseries rules will apply, with the book able to independently earn reward points through the normal ways. Those points will revert to the parent title when the miniseries ends (or, if it's a one-shot, the next month).

(3) You can do both those things.

Of course, you don’t have to participate at all if you don’t want to. But, c’mon, it’ll be fun!

You probably know how real Marvel tie-ins work, and I encourage creativity, but remember that the main story will unfold in the FEAR ITSELF book. So don’t kill Chthon or end the invasion in your tie-in but instead focus on what your characters are doing in the midst of this event. I hope everyone is looking forward to and will get hyped for this!

Other Books

There will also be a companion anthology miniseries in the spirit of NEGATION: THE HOME FRONT and NEGATION: WAR called FEAR ITSELF: TALES OF SUSPENSE. This is for other short stories you may want to tell about your characters during the event. Anyone who wants to contribute to this is welcome.

I, personally, am going to be spinning out an event miniseries from both CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE MIGHTY THOR, respectively:

FEAR ITSELF: THE UNCANNY WOLF-MEN
    Reserved characters:
    Werewolf by Night; Man-Wolf (J. Jonah Jameson III); Warwolf; Wolfsbane (Rahne Sinclair).

FEAR ITSELF: THE INSATIABLE HULK
    Reserved characters:
    Blade; Morbius the Living Vampire; Dracula

Additional characters reserved for the FEAR ITSELF event series:
    Damian Hellstrom - Son of Satan; Shiklah; Evil Deadpool; Manphibian

(I believe all these characters were available but let me know if I stepped on your toes at all)

Here is an advanced copy of FEAR ITSELF #1 so you all know how to tie-in:

FEAR ITSELF #1
    Plot by EXCITER
    Written by ALAN MOORE
    Art by MIKE MIGNOLA
    “OUTBREAK OF FEAR”
    Imprisoned in another dimension for millennia, Chthon is unleashed! The elder god invented black magic and authored the Darkhold, the most famous (and accursed) spell-book in the universe. His writings resulted in the creation of vampires, werewolves, Frankenstein-style monsters, creatures from black lagoons, and invisible men. And in his dimension, he created K’Lay - a Dark World Tree filled with legions and Pantheons of these abominations!
    Their initial influx into our reality was swift and devastating. The “dark” Avengers were quickly overwhelmed, with “Captain America” Arkady Rossovich inflected with lycanthropy… transforming into Omega Capwolf! UCWF champion Super Smash Brother (the latest incarnation of Bruce Banner’s Hulk) was sired by the supreme vampire god to become the Insatiable Hulk! Our heroes are falling and without Thor to defend us… the Earth is griped by Fear Itself!
    Yet who better to confront fear… than Balder the Brave?! The Asgardian exile was headhunted by Chthon but, upon whispered advice from the skull of the slain dark elf Malekith, ultimately chose to turn against the evil elder god. Now Balder is using the knowledge he gained of the Dark Worlds to redeem himself and save the universe… but he can’t do it alone! He’ll need a cadre of heroes (or anti-heroes… or villains) uniquely equipped to deal with these monstrous threats. Midnight Sons, assemble!
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Sounds like a fun summer event!

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    Sounds like a fun summer event!
    You know it!

Speaking of events, but of the real life variety, Mrs. Exciter and I expect to welcome our first child into the world this week! So expect a new junior editor!

Speaking of events, but of the real life variety, Mrs. Exciter and I expect to welcome our first child into the world this week! So expect a new junior editor!
    Congratulations in advance!

Get those solicits out before the little one sucks you into the vortex of no sleep and no time!

Sales totals for last month are up!

New solicitations are incoming!

NEW SOLICITATIONS ARE UP!

Registers are open, bring the May showers $$$! Reward points will be updated soon.

Congratulations Ex! That is awesome news!

Enter the Multiverse of Madness in May's Agents of A.R.C.A.N.A. #42! On sale everywhere and everywhen!

Mighty Member

So I guess it's time to officially announce that Deadpool will be ending in #12.
    But never fear, I have plans for him yet once I've finished a Sequel/Spin off to Deadpool (that'll I pitch soon).

I don't want to give everything away, but it's all connected...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Congratulations Ex! That is awesome news!
    Thanks! He has arrived and everyone is okay!