Page 1005 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006 LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

hmm

Karama Horne
    @theblerdgurl
    It looks like I can finally talk about the biggest thing that happened to me this year! #DoraMilaje #BooksToRead2022

Protectors of Wakanda: A History and Training Manual for the Dora Milaje is a hardcover volume by TheBlerdGurl founder Karama Horne, scheduled for the 13th of September, 2022, to be published by becker&mayer.

Learn what it takes to become a member of the Dora Milaje—Wakanda's elite, all-female guard—with this exclusive in-world history and training manual. The world of Wakanda, a technologically advanced society with a deep history and culture, prides itself on tradition, honor, courage, and strength. There is no greater symbol of that strength than Wakanda's leader, The Black Panther. But protection of that symbol is tasked to the Dora Milaje—a team of women serving as Wakanda's special forces. For the first time, step inside this secret society of women warriors and discover what it's like to train as member of the Dora Milaje. Recruited from across all tribes, the selected initiates undergo intense training, both physical and mental. Passed down from elder Dora to initiates, with entries by General Okoye, Princess Shuri, and Queen Mother Ramonda, Protectors of Wakanda reveals not only the history and foundation of the unit, but collects the strategy, weapons, and combat training as well as the code of honor and nuances of service required to protect the Black Panther and the nation of Wakanda. Added commentary and guidance from notable warriors, such as Mistress Zola, Ayo, Aneka and M'yra, fill the margins of this treasured text. Find out if you have
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/theb...ack-panther-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shuri replaced T'Challa before without them killing him so I don't know why Marvel is even thinking along these lines.

Like I said earlier BW is dead in the MCU along with Tony and Steve but they still have them around in the MU. It's a pretty stupid idea to kill him so that it falls in line with a movie universe that isn't the same.
    BW was already dead and brought back, it would've been redundant to do it again plus her movie was coming out so they were going to capitalize on it which is why she got a new solo and we had all those minis for the characters debuting in it. At the time Steve and Tony were still "freshly" back. Steve was old and retired then replaced by Hydra Steve, so the real Steve hasn't been back that long. Tony was comatose and replaced by Doom, Riri, and a hologram. It was basically too late to kill or replace them since they had just come back.

Whatever happens in the sequel will impact the comics in some way just like in other books. It already happened after the first one, Okoye's return and modeled after Danai and referred to as General, tech genius Shuri and modeled after Letitia, Wakanda Forever and the salute getting added, Killmonger coming back and looking like MBJ, and Nakia and M'Baku as allies, and all the spinoffs.

They don't have to kill him in the comics but it won't surprise me if they do. With Shuri taking the lead there will undoubtedly be another successful push for her in the comics either a larger role in the main book or appearing in more titles outside of BP. The same goes for whoever they give the mantle to at the end if it's true that Shuri will only be BP for one movie. Comic T'Challa might stick around but for the franchise overall it could mean more bad spinoffs put out to capitalize off the movie with maybe a handful of good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    hmm

Karama Horne
    @theblerdgurl
    It looks like I can finally talk about the biggest thing that happened to me this year! #DoraMilaje #BooksToRead2022

I mean... What about it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean... What about it?
    I already knew about this book. Amazon had it listed in October with her name and bio already there.

So what was the secret???

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I already knew about this book. Amazon had it listed in October with her name and bio already there.

That's why I was asking what's the big deal as if it means something

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's why I was asking what's the big deal as if it means something
    I guess to the writer of the book it is. I guess she didn't expect Amazon and pre-orders to soil things.

Just another book claiming T'Challa is NOT Wakanda. Although this is a book that should have came out during the first film.

Refuse to end this thread on negativity as some would want.

The petition is officially 50k strong and national news
    Ridley has a solid start with potential
    Black Panther legends 3 will see TChalla return from his walk-about and hopefully crack heads

Gonna cherish this optimism for a minute

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Black Panther legends 3 will see TChalla return from his walk-about and hopefully crack heads

That's the spirit. I sincerely mean that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amen brother. Good vibes.

I wasn't sure if I wanted the Star-Lord T'Challa figure but it looks good when it's paired with the Nebula figure so I might just get it.

Ultimate Member

hmm

Karama Horne
    @theblerdgurl

I have thoughts about this.

I dont want to go too much into this but there's a cross section of "political groups" that are pushing the "black girl magic" thing in the BP mythos.

I have no problems with black girl magic. The problem is there's a very vocal movement that's been very antagonistic towards black men and I dont mean the alt-right. Some of this stuff fueled the nonsense that led to the "blame black men" hashtag of some years back.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-31-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Bruh you got the link? Didn't he say there was going to be some bug stuff planned once it hit 50k? Just in time to start for 2022 I see!

Remember y'all no matter what the naysayers say or any random book, or WHATEVER.

For all the folks who forget WHO'S franchise this is

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Really trying to to tie that to BP2 and the timing is interesting insince its only a month or 2 before the movie. Maybe its nothing tho.

Hopefully more iconic Ryan Coogler goodness in 2022 as well!

Give us that post credit scene to save T'Challa!

Ultimate Member

Really trying to to tie that to BP2 and the timing is interesting insince its only a month or 2 before the movie. Maybe its nothing tho.
    The book does not come out until September 2022. 4 months after the movie.