Page 112 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3451
    THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    It would make the most sense for Sofia is show up in the NM books in a Dani chapter.
    It makes sense for Elixir to be involved since Dani legally ADOPTED him in NXM, but that is a fact that most writers seem to
    ignore time and time again when it comes to Dani Moonstar...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    It makes sense for Elixir to be involved since Dani legally ADOPTED him in NXM, but that is a fact that most writers seem to
    ignore time and time again when it comes to Dani Moonstar...
    I don't think she adopted him so much as became his legal guardian. Two entirely different things.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't think she adopted him so much as became his legal guardian. Two entirely different things.
    She's pretty much the only thing he had for a parent after being disowned.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    omgg UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

WOWEE HOLY SH!!!T

I'LL ADD THIS TO THE "FRANKENSTEINING ROSENBERG'S NEW X-BOOK TEAM" IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
    I know!!! I thought all the writers forgot she existed. Rosenberg is knee-deep in comic lore and I love it. Whatever this new book turns out to be, I'm already on board just for the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    YESYESYESYESYES! Smack ‘em both with the same repowering stick! (Then duck.)
    Asides from Dani and Sofia just about every other mainstream mutant depowered from M-Day have died or been hit with the repowering stick. I mean, who else is there? Abyss + Prodigy. Anyone else is pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I wonder how team dynamics would change if/when she ever joined up with the NXM gang. They've all grown considerably in her absence. Would she still be a leader on a revived New X-Men or would Surge take the reins?

Also, does she know that Laurie died?
    I'd assume she'd be on an outsider to the group. There was no indication of prolonged contact after she left and hasn't been mentioned in years. So much has happened in her absence. At one time the rookies at Xavier's included Pixie, Anole and Indra, all have of which have far more combat experience and fine-tuned powers at this stage. Sofia would essentially be starting again.

And I'd assume so. Surely she was aware of the deaths, including those of fellow students Quill, Wolf Cub, Onyxx and Wither. I imagine she'd at least get a phone call or something.

Sofia would def be an outsider. I would imagine several would feel abandoned by her or that she had it really easy. I think only David would immediately embrace her being back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Sofia would def be an outsider. I would imagine several would feel abandoned by her or that she had it really easy. I think only David would immediately embrace her being back.
    Put Sofia, Laura, and Julian in a room, step back, and watch the explosion.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

When Rockslide sees this not only will he sell tickets to anyone interested in the explosion. He may start a betting pool on the outcome.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-11-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

I see Julian being the one who suffers the most out of that.

Any remaining awkwardness between them has nothing to do with Laura imo and everything to do with Julian saying something hurtful to her and Sofia leaving abruptly and never staying in touch with anyone.. I really doubt there’s any lingering romantic feelings between the two at this point. How many people realistically still carry a torch for their high school girlfriend years later? For that matter we still don’t know what Laura and Julian think of each other presently.

Additionally if Sofia does come back, yeah she’s be an outsider. And I predict Surge would be really bitter that Sofia ghosted everyone and never stayed in touch, even when Laurie died (which I’m sure was at least on the news). Other than the staff I agree that David would be the only one welcoming of the students and he doesn’t hang around anymore.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 02-11-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I see Julian being the one who suffers the most out of that.
    Haha, I would hope it ends with Sofia and Laura going to the Grind Stone 3.0 for coffee and muffins. Or Harry's Hideaway depending on what age they would be in that given story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Any remaining awkwardness between them has nothing to do with Laura imo and everything to do with Julian saying something hurtful to her and Sofia leaving abruptly and never staying in touch with anyone.. I really doubt there’s any lingering romantic feelings between the two at this point. How many people realistically still carry a torch for their high school girlfriend years later? For that matter we still don’t know what Laura and Julian think of each other presently.

Additionally if Sofia does come back, yeah she’s be an outsider. And I predict Surge would be really bitter that Sofia ghosted everyone and never stayed in touch, even when Laurie died (which I’m sure was at least on the news). Other than the staff I agree that David would be the only one welcoming of the students and he doesn’t hang around anymore.
    Yeah, that's why I'm sure Sofia must know about all of the deaths.

She seemed really traumatized at the start of New Warriors and I can't see her not reaching out to the very least Laurie no matter what Julian said to her or even the trauma of losing her powers.

I would have more sympathy for her ghosting everyone if she just couldn't handle the deaths of Laurie, Jay, Kevin, and presumably others, especially if they were supposed to be under her leadership.

I say add Warren and Shark Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Asides from Dani and Sofia just about every other mainstream mutant depowered from M-Day have died or been hit with the repowering stick. I mean, who else is there? Abyss + Prodigy. Anyone else is pretty irrelevant.
    Well, there’s Maverick, unless I’ve missed something or he’s been repowered off panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Prodigy technically hasn't be re-powered has he?

Blob and Marrow still aren't technically mutants, but I feel like that is going to be glossed over.

So other than the New Mutants squad members and mentor, I think Beak and Angel are the highest profile mutants to not have gotten their powers back (I love them btw so please throw them in with Dani and Sofia into a Phoenix cleansing bath).

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I say add Warren and Shark Girl.
    Might as well toss Celeste in there too....she had a thing for Jules
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I remember Kevin (Wither) retained his powers after M-Day after he ruined Laurie' s arm, but is he still alive? I recall he was hiding with Selene, in disguise, but I can't remember if she killed him - someone enlighten me?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!