Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2482

Jubilee has her traditional powers again? she's no longer a vampire?

Yeah. Quentin Quire acquired a Phoenix Shard in Mighty Thor. In the penultimate issue of Generation X, M threw Jubilee out of a window causing her to set alight in the sunlight. Quentin sacrificed the Phoenix Shard to transform her back into a Homo Superior. He cured her vampirism and restored her powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

C.B says he's a big Jubilee fan, and she'll have a continuing role in the X-books going forward.
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...82758307946497
    Least she won't be lost to limbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    C.B says he's a big Jubilee fan, and she'll have a continuing role in the X-books going forward.
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...82758307946497
    Least she won't be lost to limbo.
    Glad to hear it. Gold would probably be the best book for Jubes (other than the fact that Guggenheim is writing) but there isn't really room for her there right now with 12 X-Men already attached to the title. Maybe she'll be on a new Astonishing or Uncanny roster?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

There's really no telling where she'll pop up. Weapon X is supposed to have a roster change. But that's a gritty cast where Jubilee doesn't fit. Same for Blue. So those can be crossed off, I am almost certain.

Astonishing, Lord knows what's coming with that. So there could be an opening there for her. Red may be an option. Heck, maybe she'll end up in Wolverine's solo after the Hunt for Wolverine concludes. We already know that's coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    There's really no telling where she'll pop up. Weapon X is supposed to have a roster change. But that's a gritty cast where Jubilee doesn't fit. Same for Blue. So those can be crossed off, I am almost certain.

Astonishing, Lord knows what's coming with that. So there could be an opening there for her. Red may be an option. Heck, maybe she'll end up in Wolverine's solo after the Hunt for Wolverine concludes. We already know that's coming.
    Marrow is the only mutant I keep coming back to for Weapon X. She fits the mold pretty well. But yeah Jubilee wouldn't fit there. And she has very little history with the Blue crew so doubtful she'd go there.

Astonishing is rumored for an overhaul and Beast is teased as a potential new addition to that team. No idea where that's going after #12 or who will be on the team so there might be a place for her. Red would work since Laura + Gambit are both there, and I'm sure she'd follow Jean. Logan's solo book is a viable option too, depending on what genre they're going for and what her role would be. I do think that Gold would actually work best given she lives at the school with Shogo, but Guggenheim is writing and he's shown no interest so I can't see her there either.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Marrow is the only mutant I keep coming back to for Weapon X. She fits the mold pretty well. But yeah Jubilee wouldn't fit there. And she has very little history with the Blue crew so doubtful she'd go there.

Astonishing is rumored for an overhaul and Beast is teased as a potential new addition to that team. No idea where that's going after #12 or who will be on the team so there might be a place for her. Red would work since Laura + Gambit are both there, and I'm sure she'd follow Jean. Logan's solo book is a viable option too, depending on what genre they're going for and what her role would be. I do think that Gold would actually work best given she lives at the school with Shogo, but Guggenheim is writing and he's shown no interest so I can't see her there either.
    Tbh, I'm not sure I'd want her under Guggenheim's pen, as she likely wouldn't get to do much except job to the villain du jour to make Kitty look good, just like all the others. Having her on a new Wolverine solo would be great, as long as she's not relegated to the role of "sidekick" (she's outgrown that). My favorite option is Red, where she'd be teamed up with Laura, Gambit and Jean again (and maybe finally get some meaningful interaction with Kurt).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Tbh, I'm not sure I'd want her under Guggenheim's pen, as she likely wouldn't get to do much except job to the villain du jour to make Kitty look good, just like all the others. Having her on a new Wolverine solo would be great, as long as she's not relegated to the role of "sidekick" (she's outgrown that). My favorite option is Red, where she'd be teamed up with Laura, Gambit and Jean again (and maybe finally get some meaningful interaction with Kurt).
    I mentioned that earlier in the thread and on various other occasions that I can't stand Guggenheims writing and do not want him writing any of my fav X-Men. I was just speculating where Jubilee could go next; given her and Shogo live on the school grounds, X-Men Gold would be a logical team for her to join. If someone else was writing Gold then I'd be all for it. And tbh I'd rather not have to read Wolverine just for Jubilee either so Astonishing or Red would be preferable.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

if she joined a new Astonishing Team id be for it. just no more X. lol. Red would be nice id like to see her and Jean interact again, and jubes with Laura and Remy is always good
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    if she joined a new Astonishing Team id be for it. just no more X. lol. Red would be nice id like to see her and Jean interact again, and jubes with Laura and Remy is always good
    The more and more I muse over their dynamic the more and more I love this idea of "chosen family" and each of their respective "roles" within that dynamic.

Like, Jubilee is, in my mind, like Laura's foster-cousin. And Gambit is like the sexy Uncle, with hot girlfriend Rogue in tow.
    Logan is of course a foster father figure for Jubilee. And with Daken and Gabby being Laura's "siblings" they'd make for additional cousins.
    I crave a "family" event issue where they try to do something normal like have a BBQ and then have it interrupted/attacked and they're not even mad about it because "we tried, but this is really effing awkward".

Laura would be more like Jubilee's foster SISTER. They're established to be friends anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The more and more I muse over their dynamic the more and more I love this idea of "chosen family" and each of their respective "roles" within that dynamic.

Like, Jubilee is, in my mind, like Laura's foster-cousin. And Gambit is like the sexy Uncle, with hot girlfriend Rogue in tow.
    Logan is of course a foster father figure for Jubilee. And with Daken and Gabby being Laura's "siblings" they'd make for additional cousins.
    I crave a "family" event issue where they try to do something normal like have a BBQ and then have it interrupted/attacked and they're not even mad about it because "we tried, but this is really effing awkward".
    I still wish we could have seen the reception after Sarah's funeral in ANW #30.

Laura, Jubilee, Gambit, Daken, (a) Logan, Hellion, and Warren all in the same room would have been a LOT of fun to watch.

So I just finished the most recent Gen X run and it seemed like Jub was in a good spot. I'd really like to see her continue teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I still wish we could have seen the reception after Sarah's funeral in ANW #30.
    Is it traditional to have a reception after a funeral? Where i come from we typically have a house party.

Actually, that sounds horrible. Let me try that again.

Where I come from we typically gather at the house of the bereaved and drink ourselves into oblivion. But, you know...respectfully.

Laura, Jubilee, Gambit, Daken, (a) Logan, Hellion, and Warren all in the same room would have been a LOT of fun to watch.
    Dysfunctional Family Robinson. Quite possibly the best series Marvel has published in years. Gabby can ref.
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Thought this might be of interest: This week on Nerdy Nummies, Ro Pansino made something that seems oddly fitting for our girl. X-Men themed soft pretzels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZatoRqhJlU