Page 194 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'll echo Tetu and Zenzi. They're cool designs. Their powers can be interesting, even if very vaguely defined. And T'Challa needs more of a rogue's gallery that is his own. I hope even those who don't like them would agree there's nothing there that can't be salvaged by a writer they find more appealing.

Personally, I'm not opposed to the Midnight Angels sticking around just from a visual perspective. That being said, I think the premise of another militant faction inside Wakanda is wasted. They fill a sort of Jabari role in some ways as an ally rather than subject-citizen, but the second they agreed to help T'Challa, they essentially started working for him (ironically making their fears correct).
    I agree that Tetu and Zenzie can be salvaged. They are on the brink of ruin though given how ishty Coates has treated them and having them be so finicky with their beliefs in the worst ways.

The MA I given zero cares about, they can go into limbo. They aren't interesting at all, they bring nothing to the table, they have no conviction, and their design is wack. Coates basically tripped the DM and replaced them with the MA. They just aren't interesting. The HZ and DM are superior in every aspect from design to fighting style

RedJack's kib panther was perfect. Whomever marvel passed him over for better come correct because that's the bar.

After drowning in Coates run for 5 years and being gifted a breath of fresh air, I have no patience for anything lower.

I'll echo Tetu and Zenzi. They're cool designs. Their powers can be interesting, even if very vaguely defined. And T'Challa needs more of a rogue's gallery that is his own. I hope even those who don't like them would agree there's nothing there that can't be salvaged by a writer they find more appealing.

Personally, I'm not opposed to the Midnight Angels sticking around just from a visual perspective. That being said, I think the premise of another militant faction inside Wakanda is wasted. They fill a sort of Jabari role in some ways as an ally rather than subject-citizen, but the second they agreed to help T'Challa, they essentially started working for him (ironically making their fears correct).
    I’m team kill em all & never used them again

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I’m team kill em all & never used them again
    Midnight Angels or all of them?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Midnight Angels just replaced the old Midnight Angels from Doom War with better looking and more distinct armor lol

All they really did is get rid of the Jabari. Which I would assume will be retconned sooner rather than later. Because MCU Mbaku is popular and I would imagine his role will increase in BP2. Meaning you need a Jabari in the comics. And you likely need a M'baku lol.

Basically the only legacy worth salvaging from the dumpster fire of the lsat 5+ years are...

- Stelfreeze's designs... which includes Tetu and Zenzi. Tetu and Zenzi are barely characters STILL 5 years later. Their designs are fire though.
    - Killmonger being powered by a God. Finally have on panel the origin of his powers.
    - Akili. Need a new HZ leader lol.

And... that is about it. The rest can be slaughtered the next invasion of Wakanda. Put Chang, Ayo, Aneka, Hodari on the front lines next invasion. Take away Eden's honory citizenship. Send storm back to krokoa.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Midnight Angels just replaced the old Midnight Angels from Doom War with better looking and more distinct armor lol

All they really did is get rid of the Jabari. Which I would assume will be retconned sooner rather than later. Because MCU Mbaku is popular and I would imagine his role will increase in BP2. Meaning you need a Jabari in the comics. And you likely need a M'baku lol.
    Coates will probably have NuM'Baku lead the Jabari by time this is over.

Basically the only legacy worth salvaging from the dumpster fire of the lsat 5+ years are...

- Stelfreeze's designs... which includes Tetu and Zenzi. Tetu and Zenzi are barely characters STILL 5 years later. Their designs are fire though.
    - Killmonger being powered by a God. Finally have on panel the origin of his powers.

And... that is about it. The rest can be slaughtered the next invasion of Wakanda. Put Chang, Ayo, Aneka, Hodari on the front lines next invasion. Take away Eden's honory citizenship. Send storm back to krokoa.
    Hopefully Akili can be better developed and be the face of the HZ like how Okoye is the face of the Doras. Hell I say put him in that Wakanda Disney + show to increase his profile.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Coates will probably have NuM'Baku lead the Jabari by time this is over.
    I think that’s inevitable. Now we just need a new writer to find a way to bring back Nu’Nakia.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm seriously jonesing for some BP's new comic book info and news. Something...anything.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hopefully Akili can be better developed and be the face of the HZ like how Okoye is the face of the Doras. Hell I say put him in that Wakanda Disney + show to increase his profile.
    I still think Kasper should be the face of the HZ. He’s a more interesting character than Akili, already got the look, and he’s actually got a close relationship with T’Challa. I’d even have him steal the White Wolf mantle from Hunter so he has his own title and be a bit more marketable. I think they should both be kept around but Kasper just has so much more to work with conceptually and needs a strong role. IMO he should be up there with Okoye and Shuri in terms of supporting cast in a future ongoing.

I agree NuM’Baku is probably gonna end up being the new leader of the Jabari. Which is stupid when you think about it, this guy literally only shares a name with the original lol. From what we’ve seen he doesn’t worship the White Gorilla God, has no problem with using technology, and doesn’t seem to hate people unlike him. He’s actually the opposite in many ways lol. What Coates should’ve done is had it so the original M’Baku had his mind transferred into the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda upon his death so that he eventually returns to Wakanda Prime with a newfound respect for T’Challa. Instead this is just a guy who happens to be named M’Baku, simply idiotic.

I don't know what they would do with the MA at this point tho. Would they be heroes? Villains? How does Wakanda let them keep tech developed by Wakanda if they are going to be villains?

Same thing ifthey are going to be treated as heroes. If they aren't working for BP/Wakanda, no way does BP allow them to keep tech created by him/Wakanda.

Coates didn't have a long-term plan for the MA.

The only thing they need to keep is the legacy numbering. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I still think Kasper should be the face of the HZ. He’s a more interesting character than Akili, already got the look, and he’s actually got a close relationship with T’Challa. I’d even have him steal the White Wolf mantle from Hunter so he has his own title and be a bit more marketable. I think they should both be kept around but Kasper just has so much more to work with conceptually and needs a strong role. IMO he should be up there with Okoye and Shuri in terms of supporting cast in a future ongoing.

I agree NuM’Baku is probably gonna end up being the new leader of the Jabari. Which is stupid when you think about it, this guy literally only shares a name with the original lol. From what we’ve seen he doesn’t worship the White Gorilla God, has no problem with using technology, and doesn’t seem to hate people unlike him. He’s actually the opposite in many ways lol. What Coates should’ve done is had it so the original M’Baku had his mind transferred into the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda upon his death so that he eventually returns to Wakanda Prime with a newfound respect for T’Challa. Instead this is just a guy who happens to be named M’Baku, simply idiotic.
    Having the leader of the wakandan special forces not be wakandan is a bit weird though.

I think Kasper sholud just be a ally T'challa uses when he is in NY.

not every character gets to be elevated to "main" supporting character status.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

The thing is are the BP books even consistent on Killmonger’s powers? NuKillmonger and the original are grappling over a single body and have the power of Bast but there has there been a single reference to how the original Killmonger has the blessing of a rival god? I still think Akili should be around but Kasper makes more sense to me as T’Challa’s primary intelligence coordinator/operative. Changamire and Hodari can fade into obscurity and be in background shots of the government officials.

The Constitutional Council is dying with this run and they’re relevance as characters is bound to take a massive hit. Ayo and Aneka are black lesbians and the most visible Dora outside Okoye, they’re not getting killed off by Marvel and are probably the most likely BP characters to get the MCU stimulus package lol. NuM’Baku is definitely taking back the Jabarilands, I don’t even think the Dora still run that place.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The thing is are the BP books even consistent on Killmonger’s powers? NuKillmonger and the original are grappling over a single body and have the power of Bast but there has there been a single reference to how the original Killmonger has the blessing of a rival god?
    Nope but the mini Marvel pumped out did that re-did Killmongers origin and tied into Rise of the Black Panther, so i'd imagine that canon is gonna be around longer than Coates vague nothingness lol

Coates just hasn't mentioned it... which fits how Coates writes. In his own litlte ignored world.