Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Took some time today to reread "Flags of our Fathers"

Still holds up. Good action with credible threats. And everyone gets a moment to shine. Azzari took down super villains like it was a walk in the park.
    And Armless Tiger-Man!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Masterpiece? Classic?

No Frakking way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Masterpiece? Classic?

No Frakking way.
    I saw that article. I was looking for a comment section. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So I just saw episodes 5 and 7 of Avengers secret wars and they did not disappoint when it comes to Panther. Especially episode 7 and the crocodile amulet, its powers could have grew potential for a new villain in the comics.
    I'm surprised they didn't use episode 7 as an opportunity to introduce some more named Wakandans as setup for Panther's Quest.

I was at least expecting Shuri to show up.

HA!!! We were wrong apparently lol, it would of been nice of the writer to actually state the reasons why it is that fans were dissapointed other than a simple they wanted an action book nonsense and yes people wanted more action(better action)but that was probaly the least of BP enthusiast problems with Coates Panther.
    Last edited by memnoch; 09-02-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    “‎There's no way to cheat a sensualist like me, somebody who can die laughing for hours over the pattern of the carpet in a hotel lobby.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Most posters who cite Nakia are referring to the iteration of the character that will be appearing in the BP movie due out next year as opposed to the character who appeared during Christopher J. Priest's BP run so I'm not sure why BP enthusiasts clearly expressing excitement for the movie version of Nakia as a possible love interest to movie T'Challa comes across as being "weird" to you?

I mean for Bast's sake, you don't seem to have a problem with the fact that Coates milquetoast iteration of T'Challa is completely at odds with Kirby, Priest's, Hudlin's, McDuffie's and Liss's consistent versions of T'Challa let alone the movie version as seen in Captain America:Civil War or the BP movie teaser trailer.

Nothing weird there at all.
    The thing I find odd about shipping movie Nakia is that we don't know how that movie is going to end and we don't know if she will still be on T'Challa's side by the end of the movie, so shipping her with him seems to be a bit premature.

Oh so apparently we were pissed at Coates because he didn't write the typical superhero story? Bullshit CBR, its more because he made T'Challa look like a bitch throughout the entire goddamn story, gave the lions share of feats and character development to the supporting cast, most of which were terrible and unlikable new additions like Changamires boring ass or the brats known as the midnight angels, and overall just putting all types of terrible African stereotypes in a nation that's supposed to be the pinnacle of black excellence. Masterpiece my black ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You can take it as shade if you want if you feel you fit the description of what I talked about, kudos to you for wanting to shout it to the high heavens but you might get less blowback for it if you came around here more often than for Storm centered issues.
    Duly noted. I'll honestly try.
    Oh so apparently we were pissed at Coates because he didn't write the typical superhero story? Bullshit CBR, its more because he made T'Challa look like a bitch throughout the entire goddamn story, gave the lions share of feats and character development to the supporting cast, most of which were terrible and unlikable new additions like Changamires boring ass or the brats known as the midnight angels, and overall just putting all types of terrible African stereotypes in a nation that's supposed to be the pinnacle of black excellence. Masterpiece my black ass.
    LMAO I know I shouldn't be laughing but I knew this was gonna rub some of y'all the wrong way.

I guess T'Challa being punked out and behaving uncharacteristically along with treehouse rape camps is not a good enough reason to call bs to what Coates has done to screw this up.

I forgot, the mischaracterization of Wakanda as a misogynistic, oppressive monarchy whose gov't allows crime to run rampant becausethy can't be bothered to do anything about it.

BP and Wakanda just got curb-stomped but is was disguised as a story billed A Nation Under Our Feet.

This is utter dreck.

Funny and insulting how they date to even compare Coates drivel with true Bp masterpieces, and make the whole "Wakanda Seems real and palpable" because rape camps, misogyny, and offensive stereotypes are needed to make it real. Stupid article with people trying to make Coates story seem better then it actually is, which is pure garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Took some time today to reread "Flags of our Fathers"

Still holds up. Good action with credible threats. And everyone gets a moment to shine. Azzari took down super villains like it was a walk in the park.
    Read it recently too. It's so good, very disappointed that Hudlin wasn't Able to continue on with the other stories because his were on point

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

LMAO I know I shouldn't be laughing but I knew this was gonna rub some of y'all the wrong way.
    Because the people who write this shit clearly don't give a damn about BP. Of they did they wouldn't say ignorant shit like his story is somehow comparable to actual quality stories, which highlight political and real life events in a way that doesn't rely on offensive stereotypes.
    The fact that they reduce why fans don't like it to "they wanted more action" is proof they are clueless as to the real issue's. Just more asspats and verbal blow jobs to Coates and underserved praise to a shit book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    The thing I find odd about shipping movie Nakia is that we don't know how that movie is going to end and we don't know if she will still be on T'Challa's side by the end of the movie, so shipping her with him seems to be a bit premature.
    You make a very valid point but here's the thing.

Anyone looking to have Ororo as a positive, permanent part of the BP mythos is either a glutton for punishment or exceedingly naive.

As long as the X-Office and writers affiliated with said office, are allowed to troll the BP mythos at will, Ororo will always be a convenient avenue for continued shade directed towards T'Challa.

Is this what you genuinely want for the BP mythos moving forward?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post

On the contrary.

Please feel free to laugh as much as you want.

I'd be upset if I actually took the article seriously but as things stand now, expecting a truly nuanced writeup on Coates take on BP from anyone unable to genuinely fathom why some readers have a problem with Coates is an exercise in futility.

Incredible Member

Interesting article I agree with the focus on everyday Wakandans the only thing that left me wanting was a proper conclusion for Tetu he went from grey to black but he didn't have as much panel time after he crossed the line.

17 was cool as was BP & The Crew though I feel the later needed another issue to formally wrap things up.

The X Office ain't even using Storm so this eternal courtship works. Not sure what's going to happen with Shuri but I am interested in Sefakos herald Ras interesting that he was masked we haven't seen Achebe in a while I wonder if we are in for a surprise return?