Page 100 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    100 pages? Lol. Wed be at 10,000 if theyd quit deleting our threads for space. But bragging aside thanks. This place is definitely the mecha of Panther talk
    You're welcome, and yeah, I should have added 2021 to be more specific about it being this year's Black Panther Appreciation Thread.

Yes he is the wall. I like the concept and hope he had some type of durability superpower. Its a shame Tchalla didnt have to fight all these dead panther in a test for his "Kingnof the dead" power-up. Like a panther mortal kombat ladder lol
    That could've been pretty cool, a kind of trial by combat in the Necropolis or something like that for the past Black Panthers to test T'Challa.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So you think wakanda will deal with him again? Doubtful.

I honestly doubt the killing will even be referenced again. The man killed the king of a warrior nation amd Tchallas father. Tchalla even in his mcu form wasnt above killing as he was intent to kill klaw had spectators not stopped him.
    Yea we know Tchalla wont get to kill zemo because its movies w kids in theaters but the LEAST he could have done is bring him to wakanda to answer for the crime. Hiding his already exposed identity wasnt a good enough excuse.

Zemo may be an avenger level foe but he certainly isnt a Wakandan one. And now hes likely done with Wakanda while klaw is dead (at Michael b Killmongers hand not Tchalla) and diminished. It bothers me because it benefits Tchalla's franchise in zero way. Tchalla granting his wish of death is not out of character for tchalla. Hes not a kill first character sure but he certainly is more than the noble negro Hollywood trope.
    Just not a good look at all for both wakanda or Tchalla with Tchakas killer now running free w a new lease on life in another characters franchise.

Also, I dont think this zemo will be an avenger level threat again and even if he does become one again...Tchalla is gone from the MCU. Think theyll let Okoye take him down in an avenger movie? Doubtful
    Sorry for late response but a few things

Tchallas lack of desire to simply kill was very much a part of his arc in that movie, as we clearly see for most of it he was very much willing to kill Bucky when he thought it was him. He says himself he nearly killed an innocent man and by that point was not going to let the desire for vengeance control his actions. He is fighting a battle internally on whether he is going to be like his father or not for pretty much all of his film appearances. Even Killmonger he was willing to allow to live while still suffering punishment. Thats the way I see it at least.

We can see TChaka was a loving father but he was also a believer in swift justice, as we later learn he killed his own brother without hesitation. But as that killing may have solved the immediate problem but it ultimately created new ones. I see this as a continuation of this arc from Civil War regarding what kind of king TChalla is going to be. So my read on it is TChalla knew that (a) Zemo was himself a victim having lost his own family as an innocent, (b) Zemo didnt set out specifically to kill his father or anyone in particular but needed to frame bucky(did anyone else even die besides TChaka?) And (c) that all of what was going on in the film was brought about by a desire for vengeance and it was not solving anything.

I dont think bringing justice to Wakanda necessarily means always killing the perpetrator, and I dont think TChalla does either. Yes those who threaten the nation must always ultimately be punished but simply killing them doesn't always solve the issue and sometimes it creates new ones.

That doesnt even factor in that it likely wouldve exposed his identity even more, whereas before only the Avengers and a couple suits knew and that was so he could enact his diplomatic immunity. And killing zemo then and there would've left many others he killed without justice too. Keep in mind by this point only 5 people knew the truth about Buckys innocence and Zemos part in all of this so they needed him for that reason too. Zemo had a lot to answer for even beyond killing TChaka, he killed at least 8 people in like 3 different countries and those are just the ones we know about and TChalla knew all of this. Honestly it was the wiser decision not to kill him there as that wouldve drawn more attention to the nation of Wakanda itself for depriving several countries of intelligence from a highly wanted terrorist.

But that just my read on why he did it. I agree he definitely intended to kill Klaw but again at that point he was trying not to make a spectacle and it wouldve been traced back to Wakanda had he done so.
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 02-10-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Yes he is the wall. I like the concept and hope he had some type of durability superpower. Its a shame Tchalla didnt have to fight all these dead panther in a test for his "Kingnof the dead" power-up. Like a panther mortal kombat ladder lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Funny (not really) that alot of things we talked about a writer exploring in a BP solo Coates did, but it the worst AND most boring fashions.
    We got monkey pawed so hard man.

This dude straight up ruined so many fan ideas lol.

And like you said... it is boring. The worst sin of all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Today's King in Black: Black Panther issue is supposed to be straight fire. Make sure y'all grab it and use spoiler tags.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Today's King in Black: Black Panther issue is supposed to be straight fire. Make sure y'all grab it and use spoiler tags.
    spoilers:

It was okay. The pieces were all there, but after the opening battle, there were twelve pages of repeated conversations that pulled me out of the story. By the time the second battle came I had lost interest.

Checking the page count, looks like there are about 10 more pages than the average Marvel book. Cut out those extra and the book would be close to perfect

My story nitpicks are...
    [spoiler]Storm and Shuri had a big falling out in X of Swords Wakanda. Tchalla as well, but him thinking about her isn't a stretch. As far as I know, that hasn't been resolved. Why is Shuri concerned about her at this point?

Okoye was as worried about the energy prowler being revealed as Shuri was about Storm taking the sword without Tchallas' permission. She didn't want the world to know. Was that because it could be easlily be smuggled into other countries for use?

Why use Klaws sonic cannon? Especially if he has to modify it anyway. lol
    end of spoilers

Yo King in Black BP was FIRE! LOL i am like so pleasantly surprised. Wakanda isForever! I have never loved a bp book as much as i did this one. That open sky scene, i was like "YASSSS!" lol I'm glad i preordered this, nice surprise today when i checked my bank account and saw the money come out and then was confused and logged in and saw this. Worth every penny.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-10-2021 at 07:16 AM. Reason: dang auto correct
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It was straight fire!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Funny (not really) that alot of things we talked about a writer exploring in a BP solo Coates did, but it the worst AND most boring fashions.
    The worst was the space arc. How could you bloody mess that up so bad? It's like he was trying to do a morality play combined with a Shakespearean tragedy wrapped in a Tyler Perry movie.

Yes, please use spoilers at all times!

I haven’t enjoyed reading a Black Panther book this much since Rise of the Black Panther. Shame on Marvel for not having Redjack be the new writer for the solo. SHAME!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Oh and the art was stunning. Every last page. I found myself staring a tchalla face at one point because it was so well drawn. It was nice seeing so many black characters actually look black and it not just be a paint job. They need to give this artist more work now. This is a real rising star.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The worst was the space arc. How could you bloody mess that up so bad? It's like he was trying to do a morality play combined with a Shakespearean tragedy wrapped in a Tyler Perry movie.

He had a blank canvas thanks to worm hole/alternate reality stuff and chose a slave allegory.

And even ruined a "T'challa looks for vibranium source" story.

lord
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Y'all need to carpet bomb the shyt out of Twitter with how good KIB:BP is. Let them know what's up and not this milquetoast nonsense Coates has deluded people into thinking is great literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Y'all need to carpet bomb the shyt out of Twitter with how good KIB:BP is. Let them know what's up and not this milquetoast nonsense Coates has deluded people into thinking is great literature.
    I hope they do, i don't do twitter but i do plan on getting the printed version as well now after reading the digital. It's just so beautiful, even the colors. Why this isn't the new creative team of BP i just don't know. Even going by some of the stuff here, the writer even respected all the characters. Like he didn't try to tear anyone down, erase anything, he took what he had and did that. I am really pleasantly surprised. I'm going to look up some of his other work.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He had a blank canvas thanks to worm hole/alternate reality stuff and chose a slave allegory.

And even ruined a "T'challa looks for vibranium source" story.

lord
    Yeah, he just about ruined any BP in space story for the next solo writer. All everyone will remember is how frakked up the IEW story was.