Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I know the whole relationship between Tony and Peter is quite controversial in the MCU, but it reminds me what Bendis was building with the characters in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #150-154.

I really miss Ultimate Tony and Ultimate Peter, their relationship had so much potential.
    I love Tony’s and Peters relationship in the MCU. Never got why people are so butthurt about it. I miss Ultimate Tony. He has some great mini series done with him. 2 from Watren Ellis. I kinda miss the Ultimate Universe period.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love Tony’s and Peters relationship in the MCU. Never got why people are so butthurt about it. I miss Ultimate Tony. He has some great mini series done with him. 2 from Watren Ellis. I kinda miss the Ultimate Universe period.
    I think I actually prefer Ult. Tony to the original 616 version.
    Of course when written well - Millar, Hickman, Ellis.

On the Ult. Universe on the whole, I also miss parts of it, especially while it was still in its infancy stages before it all went ...bad.
    A thread called "Why do people hate the Ultimate Universe?" (or something close to it) exists which through various posters highlights what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I think I actually prefer Ult. Tony to the original 616 version.
    Of course when written well - Millar, Hickman, Ellis.

On the Ult. Universe on the whole, I also miss parts of it, especially while it was still in its infancy stages before it all went ...bad.
    A thread called "Why do people hate the Ultimate Universe?" (or something close to it) exists which through various posters highlights what went wrong.
    I love 616 Tony and Ultimate Tony as they are the same. When I say Tony’s my hero. I’m talking about both of them. I posted in the Why do people hate the Ultimate Universe thread. I share the same opinions as some of the others have. That the UU started going bad, but with Hickman’s and then Humphries it was on an upswing.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-28-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To be fair they did make Tony the stand in for Uncle Ben and on top of that Tony built/gave Peter everything he has in the MCU. So many Spider-Man fans feel like those things take away the core of what makes Peter Spider-Man.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    To be fair they did make Tony the stand in for Uncle Ben and on top of that Tony built/gave Peter everything he has in the MCU. So many Spider-Man fans feel like those things take away the core of what makes Peter Spider-Man.
    What make Spider-Man is With great power comes great responsibility. His character. His wit. He is still responsible for inventing his web shooters which even impress the hell out of Tony. In the 616 Tony made Peter his best armor and they had to go and retcon that by saying Peter helped. So the relationship is not being pulled out of a hat.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-28-2020 at 04:57 PM.

I'm back after a long hiatus with comics. I have zero clue whats going on the last year. Other then the main series is there any comic runs this last year I should read featuring our main man?
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    I'm back after a long hiatus with comics. I have zero clue whats going on the last year. Other then the main series is there any comic runs this last year I should read featuring our main man?
    Just Slott and Schitti’s run. This new series in September is starting off fresh. So you can wait for that to start. Although I enjoyed the Tony Stark Iron Man series.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Now we speak about Ultimate Iron Man, I totally need to read again The Ultimates, Ultimate Comics The Ultimates and his mini-Series.

When I was younger, 1610 Tony was my favorite iteration: weird origin story and the coolest armor !

And then, Larroca and Fraction came, and the Heroic Age Iron Man stole my heart ...

Last edited by Spider-Ham; 08-28-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Welcome back! Nothing major off the top of my head other than the current Avengers .

Now we speak about Ultimate Iron Man, I totally need to read again The Ultimates, Ultimate Comics The Ultimates and his mini-Series.

When I was younger, 1610 Tony was my favorite iteration: weird origin story and the coolest armor !

And then, Larroca and Fraction came, and the Heroic Age Iron Man stole my heart ...

I’m just glad you got into Iron Man. It’s hard to describe how much I loved and enjoyed Fraction’s and Larrocas run. I pull it out every few weeks and reread it. Love the pic. The Bleeding Edge armor is my all time favorite.

Speaking of Ultimates ... Gregory >>>>> Arno
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

DeanoCeltic

Hopefully I’m asking this in the right place! I was looking to pick up a couple of Epic Collections to get my son into Iron Man comics and I thought that I’d be able to grab a copy of The Golden Avenger and I’m good to go, right? The problem is that this is not available! But, there are a few Epic Collections that I can get -
    War Machine
    The Fury of the Firebrand
    Return of the Ghost
    The Man who Killed Tony Stark

Would any of these be a good intro into the Iron Man comics for a kid that has seen the movies? Thanks!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

After we talked about Ultimate Tony, I tried for the third time Miller’s Ultimates and Ultimates 2 and I still don’t like it. Way too dark for me and I have a hard time to recognize the Heroes I love.

That being said, it’s pretty weird how lighthearted Tony is in this universe. Every time he appears, he brings a bit of humor and lightness, which is more than welcome in an Universe where almost every Avenger is a jerk.

Here is my favorite page, from Ultimates 2 #13 :

After we talked about Ultimate Tony, I tried for the third time Miller’s Ultimates and Ultimates 2 and I still don’t like it. Way too dark for me and I have a hard time to recognize the Heroes I love.

That being said, it’s pretty weird how lighthearted Tony is in this universe. Every time he appears, he brings a bit of humor and lightness, which is more than welcome in an Universe where almost every Avenger is a jerk.

Here is my favorite page, from Ultimates 2 #13 :

I laughed hard at this scene. Tony was so hurt by Black Widow’s betrayal that I wondered how long it would take him to bounce back. Thankfully it didn’t take that long lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-28-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanoCeltic View Post
    Hopefully I’m asking this in the right place! I was looking to pick up a couple of Epic Collections to get my son into Iron Man comics and I thought that I’d be able to grab a copy of The Golden Avenger and I’m good to go, right? The problem is that this is not available! But, there are a few Epic Collections that I can get -
    War Machine
    The Fury of the Firebrand
    Return of the Ghost
    The Man who Killed Tony Stark

Would any of these be a good intro into the Iron Man comics for a kid that has seen the movies? Thanks!
    You should try Return of the Ghost and War Machine as they are newer material than the other two. More modern day takes. The Man who Killed Tony Stark is really good. It’s just older material and your kid might want something as I said before, more modern.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-29-2020 at 12:13 PM.