Page 87 of 345 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 5166
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

when I saw this preview on my Twitter feed I sincerely felt bad for the diehard tchalla fans. its the worst type of feeling seeing a character you love purposefully being written like sh!t. that said, I do remember telling those wishing Coates was gone to be careful what you wish for. he may have not written wakanda or tchalla to some liking but by the end of his run he was a respected leader of both wakanda prime and the galatic empire of wakanda by successfully uniting both as their emperor. im not sure what Ridley will have tchalla by the end of his run but at this trajectory I wouldn't be shocked seeing him begging the US to grant him citizenship.

hoping eve does him and wakanda better.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    After I skimmed Ridley's reasoning for making Jace half-Asian in DC Power I decided to not buy that book, same as I'm not supporting Marvel's Voices this month. There's nothing wrong with Ridley wanting representation, and primarily for his biracial son (and other biracial kids), but it's how you go about it. He could've just had Lucius and Jace's birth mother not work out for a less toxic reason and then he marries his current wife, and they lag, for whatever reason, in not telling him about his biological mother. Ridley didn't have to put dirt on Lucius's name to make Jace half-Asian. But that's the way Ridley seems to write Black males, and now his relative kid gloves when it comes to Jace makes more sense now if Ridley had envisioned him as being half-Black all along (as well as being a proxy for his son). Being half-Black perhaps makes him less toxic as a Black male and a bit more competent (not completely, but a bit more).

I was reading the Next Batman: Future State graphic novel and I don't know if it's Ridley's hand or not, but they had Luke basically being villainous in that. I don't know how much of this is once again just coming from Ridley, or if he aligns with where DC want to take Lucius and Luke.
    Its weird to think that Luke Fox was originally intended to be the 5G Batman before it got canceled and converted to Future State

Which considering the plot reveals with Jace, makes you wonder if he would have done the parental with Luke had Luke been Batman since he was intended to write 5G Batman

Imagine that, had 5G happened Didio would have made Ridley the main architect of the Batman line

Astonishing Member

Ridley wasn’t the guy who did that Superman story where he was in a Russian prison camp was he?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Ridley wasn’t the guy who did that Superman story where he was in a Russian prison camp was he?
    That was him yeah. It was in Superman: Red & Blue, an anthology comic like Batman: Black & White. The first story even or at least one of the first stories I think.

The thing is Superman being trapped in that Russian prison camp apparently is a reference to a to 1970's from the pre-Crisis World's Finest series where that happened, apparently issues 192-193.

Ridley's contribution was to go back to that story and add that uhm........ Superman was also raped by the general while he spent several months prisoner there...... with the story being about him dealing with the trauma especially after meeting the general again as apart of an interview.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-03-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That was him yeah. It was in Superman: Red & Blue, an anthology comic like Batman: Black & White. The first story even or at least one of the first stories I think.

The thing is Superman being trapped in that Russian prison camp apparently is a reference to a to 1970's from the pre-Crisis World's Finest series where that happened, apparently issues 192-193.

Ridley's contribution was to go back to that story and add that uhm........ Superman was also raped by the general while he spent several months prisoner there...... with the story being about him dealing with the trauma especially after meeting the general again as apart of an interview.
    Wait, what? LOLOLOL...for real?

Superman was also raped by the general while he spent several months prisoner there...... with the story being about him dealing with the trauma especially after meeting the general again as apart of an interview.

Say what now?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Let them form a new kingdom on an island lol

The Island of Cast Offs lolololol
    Naww man, The Island of Misfit Heroes.

Requirements: Someone who used to be prominent but now is treated like a joke. If you were punched in the face by Captain America, that's an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Say what now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wait, what? LOLOLOL...for real?
    Uh yup.

Not sure how else to say it. Ridley actually had Superman get sexually assaulted. We don't actually see it thankfully, but Superman's words do not leave anything to ambiguity what happened to him.

Man of Steel was straight up raped and John Ridley wrote it.

Dang. I guess T'Challa got off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Dang. I guess T'Challa got off easy.
    Not necessarily, he's not gone yet.

Ultimate Member

Uh yup.

Not sure how else to say it. Ridley actually had Superman get sexually assaulted. We don't actually see it thankfully, but Superman's words do not leave anything to ambiguity what happened to him.

Man of Steel was straight up raped and John Ridley wrote it.
    Wow.

That's just...wow. I don't even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when I saw this preview on my Twitter feed I sincerely felt bad for the diehard tchalla fans. its the worst type of feeling seeing a character you love purposefully being written like sh!t. that said, I do remember telling those wishing Coates was gone to be careful what you wish for. he may have not written wakanda or tchalla to some liking but by the end of his run he was a respected leader of both wakanda prime and the galatic empire of wakanda by successfully uniting both as their emperor. im not sure what Ridley will have tchalla by the end of his run but at this trajectory I wouldn't be shocked seeing him begging the US to grant him citizenship.

hoping eve does him and wakanda better.
    I mean... No. It's not a be careful what you wish for. It's very simple. Kick both their asses off the book. Coates doesn't get better just cause Ridley sick ass. Al it means is more bullshit we have to deal with till the book gets cancelled

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean... No. It's not a be careful what you wish for. It's very simple. Kick both their asses off the book. Coates doesn't get better just cause Ridley sick ass. Al it means is more bullshit we have to deal with till the book gets cancelled
    Weren't Storm fans BEGGING for Coates to write her book???? And the X-Office thought better of it.

But now it's in Al Ewing we trust now?

Be careful for what you wish for??? A decent readable book is that hard to wish for????

Folks won't stop riding and dying for Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Weren't Storm fans BEGGING for Coates to write her book???? And the X-Office thought better of it.

But now it's in Al Ewing we trust now?

Be careful for what you wish for??? A decent readable book is that hard to wish for????

Folks won't stop riding and dying for Coates.
    People keep trying to say Coates did all this great stuff while casually ignoring it was COATES who started the bullisht in the first place.

you're going to laugh but I can fix all this in two issues.