Page 488 of 744 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    No, I just didn't appreciate the way you responded to my benign question, and then taking issue with my use of "that's messed up."
    More so you asked a question and left it very open ended to which MoS explained why it makes sense..? I mean not seemed pretty clear. Plus nunakia turned tchalla down and said he needed to figure out his feelings first. And in issue 15 we see he does reflect on what could of been. I mean look at it this way, if you got amnesia, spent 5 years with a person and got to know them on a personal level, but had dreams of another person that you couldn't recall who they were, then one day you suddenly remember, I mean you can't fault anyone for having the feelings get complicated like that.

And if. We are being frank, Nakia IS the better choice

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think the next page showed he was ready to be with her despite the flashes. Nakia was the one holing back.
    I think the dialogue on the next page means that she wants to be sure that a T'Challa that is whole again would still want her. Until then she does not want to risk persuing uselessy a romance.

There is another problem though. Who was she before all that, since T'Challa was not the only one with buried memories? What if she has a forgotten love interest too?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    I thought the whole NuNakia and T'Challa relationship thing was settled in issue 5 when they had that chat.
    It wasn't clearly settled... but I do think the implication is that they didn't really go anywhere, even if there obviously was an attraction there.

For what it's worth, Storm aside I didn't think they really had a future together once we saw them disagree about saving those people on that ship. I think it was clear they were very different people.

Still, it'll be interestign to see if this character sticks around, or meets any sort of unfortunate death before all this wraps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    So, what I'm hearing is:

Someone told Coates he should be more like Hickman, so he decided to copy JH's tendency to resolve things off-panel...

spoilers:
    • Wakanda is in turmoil! The country bounces back off-panel.
    • The Orishas are missing! They came back to Wakanda off-panel.
    • Venomonger has an empire! He dies off-panel.
    • Bast is in space! She disappears again off-panel.
    end of spoilers

Charming.

As for TNC's dialogue... it seems to me that his characters don't talk. They lecture, making overt statements of his Theme™ (whatever it happens to be that month).
    well think back BoG.. how did season 1 start?
    Wakanda in turmoil! Off panel, the military is stretched thin due to putting out rebellions. Off panel (this was actually way off panel, on twitter actually)

Wakanda was nearly brought to it's knees! Off panel basically because we saw about a dozen goons..

He's been following Hickman Sense day one but Hickman at least knew how to make characters talk like themselves and threw in feats more then once a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wakanda in turmoil! Off panel, the military is stretched thin due to putting out rebellions. Off panel (this was actually way off panel, on twitter actually)

Wakanda was nearly brought to it's knees! Off panel basically because we saw about a dozen goons..

He's been following Hickman Sense day one but Hickman at least knew how to make characters talk like themselves and threw in feats more then once a season.
    Surprisingly that punch by Goon Slam Garry wasn't off panel.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

More so you asked a question and left it very open ended to which MoS explained why it makes sense..? I mean not seemed pretty clear. Plus nunakia turned tchalla down and said he needed to figure out his feelings first. And in issue 15 we see he does reflect on what could of been. I mean look at it this way, if you got amnesia, spent 5 years with a person and got to know them on a personal level, but had dreams of another person that you couldn't recall who they were, then one day you suddenly remember, I mean you can't fault anyone for having the feelings get complicated like that.

And if. We are being frank, Nakia IS the better choice
    Oh, without a doubt, as far as the first part of your post. My original post didn't go into detail about my I thought it was a messed up situation. My reply, however, did. I will respectfully disagree about Nakia being the better choice. But we all have our opinions and preferences.

The military being stretched thin was show on panel. They went south to deal with Tetu, leaving the north unprotected from the Jabari. That's where the Midnight Angels were able to swoop in and cover for them.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I sincerely doubt that she could step up. After all, she implied that even without all his memories, she was not ranked first in T'Challa's heart compared to the former queen of Wakanda.

hello!!!! you betta spread this truth and facts!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I think the dialogue on the next page means that she wants to be sure that a T'Challa that is whole again would still want her. Until then she does not want to risk persuing uselessy a romance.

There is another problem though. Who was she before all that, since T'Challa was not the only one with buried memories? What if she has a forgotten love interest too?

That's what I said. She was holding back. He was ready to go. All she had to do was channel Floetry and "Say Yes".

Nothing on panel to confirm, but I think it started before he to his multiyear vacation on Hoth. Because there's no reason to tell her about living with her after the war if something hadn't already been going on and they called it off. But he planted that last seed for later. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, without a doubt, as far as the first part of your post. My original post didn't go into detail about my I thought it was a messed up situation. My reply, however, did. I will respectfully disagree about Nakia being the better choice. But we all have our opinions and preferences.
    Two words for why she is better. Creative control. BP scribes have full reign on what they can do and explore with her. Storm? Anything that happens in BP can easily be ignored. X office decides they want her back for a "big project" insert world star hip-hop break up again. This is generally why it's not a good idea to have heroes of different franchises get together into a relationship because there is no way for it to last or be meaningful in anyway once the writer who put them together leaves.

So why go through this song and dance again when nunakia would be better long-term?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The military being stretched thin was show on panel. They went south to deal with Tetu, leaving the north unprotected from the Jabari. That's where the Midnight Angels were able to swoop in and cover for them.
    No it was never shown how the Wakandan army was stretched thin. It was said off panel on twitter to start by Coates, then it was said on panel by Shuri maybe when she threatened the MA to back the F off (and they hid with their tails between their legs till the fighting was over then threw a fit like children after it was all done) None of this stretched thin was actually shown ever

No it was never shown how the Wakandan army was stretched thin. It was said off panel on twitter to start by Coates, then it was said on panel by Shuri maybe when she threatened the MA to back the F off (and they hid with their tails between their legs till the fighting was over then threw a fit like children after it was all done) None of this stretched thin was actually shown ever
    Read the third issue of Coates run. T'Challa took his forces south, leaving the north unprotected. I think by definition that qualifies as your army being stretched too thin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think the next page showed he was ready to be with her despite the flashes. Nakia was the one holing back.
    He’s ready to take that step with Nakia because that’s who he’s become familiar with. While Storm face and presence haunts him, he clearly says he doesn’t know her name. Nakia represents the tangible. He can touch her. He knows she’s real. Storm was nothing more than a powerful memory that he couldn’t escape. It doesn’t makes sense for Coates to build Storm into this legendary being called the Hadari Yao, only to smash it all to bits. RotBP clearly illustrates that she is tied to his lands and his people. Coates didn’t even write that, but he made it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    He’s ready to take that step with Nakia because that’s who he’s become familiar with. While Storm face and presence haunts him, he clearly says he doesn’t know her name. Nakia represents the tangible. He can touch her. He knows she’s real. Storm was nothing more than a powerful memory that he couldn’t escape. It doesn’t makes sense for Coates to build Storm into this legendary being called the Hadari Yao, only to smash it all to bits. RotBP clearly illustrates that she is tied to his lands and his people. Coates didn’t even write that, but he made it clear.
    Until as Ezyo says, the Xmen writers have big plans for her. lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Read the third issue of Coates run. T'Challa took his forces south, leaving the north unprotected. I think by definition that qualifies as your army being stretched too thin.
    If by "forces" you mean "four Hatut Zeraze" yes.

The fact is, Coates has NEVER shown Wakanda's military strength. Even when he did a splash page with tanks & planes (at the end of issue #10) the battle that followed had only a dozen soldiers or so (who ran from guys with spears!) "A nation unleashed", indeed.