Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That's literally what the X-Men do; they're a vigilante group. Theft, assault, B&E, destruction of property, etc. because laws/law enforcement either aren't adequate to address issues of mutant discrimination or are actively enforcing it.
    Thank you! Which is why I find the attitude towards Trinary hypocritical when every single one of the X-Men are guilty of breaking one law of the other I mean hell anytime they fly into another country on their X jet they're breaking the law.

Can't wait to see Jean's team take down the Federal Reserve, the IRS, the Pentagon, the White House, the New York Stock Exchange, the IMF, the Catholic Church, the Queen and Bank of England next! Surely they cause more suffering and inequity in the world than a couple dozen Indian CEO's.... Why mess with the small fry when the big sharks are eating everyone?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So you would supoort slavery as long as its the law?
    Congratulations, this is officially the most patently ridiculous thing anyone’s ever said to me.

My point (which I probably should have worded more clearly) is that unjust social policies are more effectively fought from within the system as opposed to without. Vigilantism and radicalism are ineffective, more often than not. No one in the history of the world has changed someone’s opinion on a subject by screaming at them.

In an effort to avoid derailing the thread, that’s all I’m going to say on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Can't wait to see Jean's team take down the Federal Reserve, the IRS, the Pentagon, the White House, the New York Stock Exchange, the IMF, the Catholic Church, the Queen and Bank of England next! Surely they cause more suffering and inequity in the world than a couple dozen Indian CEO's.... Why mess with the small fry when the big sharks are eating everyone?
    Probably because Trinary not Jean's team messed with the people responsible for the suffering in her country.

Just because they freed her doesnt mean they agree with her methods unless you think Gabby somehow speaks for everyone.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    My point (which I probably should have worded more clearly) is that unjust social policies are more effectively fought from within the system as opposed to without. Vigilantism and radicalism are ineffective, more often than not. No one in the history of the world has changed someone’s opinion on a subject by screaming at them,
    Well, Jean tried working from within, and then an evil mutant blew up the UK ambassador's head.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Lolol you are so petty lol I love it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Congratulations, this is officially the most patently ridiculous thing anyone’s ever said to me.

My point (which I probably should have worded more clearly) is that unjust social policies are more effectively fought from within the system as opposed to without. Vigilantism and radicalism are ineffective, more often than not. No one in the history of the world has changed someone’s opinion on a subject by screaming at them.

In an effort to avoid derailing the thread, that’s all I’m going to say on the subject.
    It is not ridiculous because it was based on what you said.

I’m on the fence with this issue. The gender pay gap is both immoral and indefensible, but at the same time we don’t just get to pick and choose the laws we feel like following. That’s the road to chaos.

Plus there’s the small matter of Trinary saddling Jean and the team with more trouble they don’t need.
    It is not my fault the above makes it seem like you accept laws however unjust simply because they are the law. You admit you were not clear so perhaps it you should accept your lack of clarity made you point appear ridiculous.

Further your argument is naive. The social unjust policies of Japan and Nazi Germany were defeated not by working within the system but through war in which many died.

Yes sometimes you can solve problems working within the system and sometimes you simply can't. It is ultimately a matter of opinion as to which road a given person takes.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

She cant do all of that. the Federal reserve had all its gold stolen and replaced with fakes years ago, and stark already has his eyes set on the IRS.

Stonewall Riots. Detroit City Riots. Kent State Riots. Mount Pleasant Riots. Watts Riot of 1965. Battle in Seattle. L.A. Riots. Ferguson. Compton's Cafeteria Riots.

What were you saying again?

why not? you seem to be making a point but most of those systems have contributed to major systematic oppression, so this kind of turned into a neat pitch that you should definitely email to Marvel.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-08-2018 at 02:08 PM.

BANNED

...and SHIELD, the Avengers, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, OTAN, the World Bank Group...

Yes! Long live the Revolution!
    RighJean! RightJean! RightJean! lol

Lol, I just remembered that time Jean waltzed into the pentagon, froze everyone with telepathy, freed a prisoner and mind wiped her to become an Xman.
    Ah, good times

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm confused how you got the impression Trinary took money from every Indian man. I just double-checked and she said she took the money from the top 25 highest earning CEOs in the country. Certainly we can debate the morality of that or we could see follow-up on how that sort of feel-good activism can have negative consequences on the lower class, but she didn't take from every man.
    Alright, I had to re-read it. It was on page 10. Much thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, I just remembered that time Jean waltzed into the pentagon, froze everyone with telepathy, freed a prisoner and mind wiped her to become an Xman.
    Ah, good times
    Xavier has taught her so well

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So you would supoort slavery as long as its the law?
    That escalated quickly!

Come on people this is a fantasy.

Of course hacking into bank accounts is bad. Sometimes outlaws are cool, esp. if they balance the scales.

Not directed at u remy

No worries bro.