Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Krakoa scene follows a plot from Thor where Quire left the island to go to the Shiar and gained a piece of the phoenix.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Strain is good but i would have appreciated more of her as a writer if she challenged herself in using and writing Hollow as she is heavily connected to Emplate and Monet. I guess Strain finds it difficult how to even explain why Hollow is hollow.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did I just hear that Blindfold and Hijack appeared in this issue????

Really? They remember Hijack?

Wow.... I love this writer.

Any other cameos?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Any other cameos?
    Dust and Mercury did too. Along with a blond guy, not sure who that was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well tbf Xavier's students have always alternated between personal outfits and school-sponsored costumes. Post-Limbo arc, the KYost kids all got replicated X-uniforms. These outfits are f*cking ugly tho.
    They are damn hideous. If they're wanting plain & synergetic I don't see why sleek black with colored accents would be a bad option. Or maybe mimicries of uniforms like we saw in Ultimate X-Men. Simple is fine, but do it right. The older students should have personalized outfits too. Just imagine how cool Pixie, Dust, Rockslide etc. could look in well-designed uniforms catered to the character and their powersets.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Strain is good but I would have appreciated more of her as a writer if she challenged herself in using and writing Hollow as she is heavily connected to Emplate and Monet. I guess Strain finds it difficult how to even explain why Hollow is hollow.
    Isn't another Gen-Xer coming back according to solicits? I bet it's Hollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    They are damn hideous. If they're wanting plain & synergetic I don't see why sleek black with colored accents would be a bad option. Or maybe mimicries of uniforms like we saw in Ultimate X-Men. Simple is fine, but do it right. The older students should have personalized outfits too. Just imagine how cool Pixie, Dust, Rockslide etc. could look in well-designed uniforms catered to the character and their powersets.

For which issue number?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Any other cameos?
    Not for me it's good to know that they are still among the X-mens but it still hurts to know that special cameos are the best they will get. And hurt that marvel prefers copies of the adult X-mens that give true chances to the young mutants.Since they are the true legacy characters of the X-mens that's kind of disappointing but perhaps New Mutants change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    The Krakoa scene follows a plot from Thor where Quire left the island to go to the Shiar and gained a piece of the phoenix.
    Did EVERYONE get a piece of the Phoenix? Was there an intergalactic garage sale? I feel like I've missed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    That would be my guess too, unless they're referring to the recently-resurfaced Mondo. But choosing him over Penny would be criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not for me it's good to know that they are still among the X-mens but it still hurts to know that special cameos are the best they will get. And hurt that marvel prefers copies of the adult X-mens that give true chances to the young mutants.Since they are the true legacy characters of the X-mens that's kind of disappointing but perhaps New Mutants change it.
    It's all about name recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Did EVERYONE get a piece of the Phoenix? Was there an intergalactic garage sale? I feel like I've missed a lot.
    Almost, I was trying to keep track but couldn't. Are they gonna acknowledge he got a piece though? Was that part of Jean returning or has that changed?

BANNED

Well i really hope it's Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Strain is good but i would have appreciated more of her as a writer if she challenged herself in using and writing Hollow as she is heavily connected to Emplate and Monet. I guess Strain finds it difficult how to even explain why Hollow is hollow.
    What does using Hollow have to do with Strain ‘challenging herself’?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    What does using Hollow have to do with Strain ‘challenging herself’?
    She has no inner monologue, so you'd think it would be easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Did EVERYONE get a piece of the Phoenix?
    Odin sure did.

Ba dum tish.

Really good issue. Best are out of all the X-books for me and the best writing. Who would have thought this would be my favorite x-book.

Side note, i hope Monet's permanent solution somehow drains jubilee of her vampism and restores her mutant power. Perhaps the eternal life force of a vampire will be too much for Emplate and poison him or something. A guy can dream.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really good issue. Best are out of all the X-books for me and the best writing. Who would have thought this would be my favorite x-book.

Side note, i hope Monet's permanent solution somehow drains jubilee of her vampism and restores her mutant power. Perhaps the eternal life force of a vampire will be too much for Emplate and poison him or something. A guy can dream.
    I was wondering/hoping spoilers:
    Strain would get the honor of doing the rumored de-vampiring/re-fireworking on Jubilee and if Monet's mega-arc would have anything to do with it.
    end of spoilers

I'm kind of surprised Jono has written Monet off so easily while Husk actually seems to care about her former teammate.