Page 492 of 613 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    vita and their xcrew didn't do me any favors. but whatever their true colors have been shown and in that regard I am appreciative.

but why do you think that is? why do the avengers side show respect while the xoffices depict the opposite?
    No, no BK. Read my post carefully, I said that the Avengers did not throw shade at Storm. They didn't portray the marriage either but you didn't see them have BP kissing on someone else or someone talking down about Storm either.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Storm is and has always been an X-Men Character, the BP books stole her, change her nationality and backstory and turn her into a throphy wife while mutants were being hunted and Wakanda did nothing. But sure the X office are the bad guys.
    Hmm.....yeah, okay.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No, no BK. Read my post carefully, I said that the Avengers did not throw shade at Storm. They didn't portray the marriage either but you didn't see them have BP kissing on someone else or someone talking down about Storm either.

yes I knew what you meant but thats my question. you have tchalla in agents of wakanda using ororo as a password to her ship but on the xside tchalla can't bother to answer or return a message? why he is portrayed so sh!tty on one side of the aisle?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Respect?! give me a freaking break, the BP books never show respect for the X-Books, they even change her origin. Storm stop showing love for Kenya and Egypt and now is all about Wakanda, Don't they have any original black female character that they have to stole the must popular from her family?
    Last edited by Milici; 10-07-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I enjoyed this issue but would have liked it more if they gave Storm a more noble and elegant solution then just being in a rush. She could've figure out there was no way accepting the blade from Wakanda's royal family twihout heavy consequences for them, so stealing it would have been the only solution for her to have the sword and still not harming Wakanda's inner politics. She would be the only one to blame. And I guess Shuri would have accepted that. No?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

yes I knew what you meant but thats my question. you have tchalla in agents of wakanda using ororo as a password to her ship but on the xside tchalla can't bother to answer or return a message? why he is portrayed so sh!tty on one side of the aisle?
    X-books drive on drama. The question is never "How do we make this work?" and more "How to we derive the most emotion out of it?"

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I enjoyed this issue but would have liked it more if they gave Storm a more noble and elegant solution then just being in a rush. She could've figure out there was no way accepting the blade from Wakanda's royal family twihout heavy consequences for them, so stealing it would have been the only solution for her to have the sword and still not harming Wakanda's inner politics. She would be the only one to blame. And I guess Shuri would have accepted that. No?
    exactly. if she had literally waited 5 minutes tchalla would have been there. this issue made her look small and impulsive unable to work with people who are allegedly her family.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Like don't get me wrong. Coates BP is PAINFULLY SLOW, but it does things like this.

X-books haven't done stuff like this in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time

My opinion is that they have to have that inherent bias that they need to constantly show. Even in relationships. They thrive on the drama and some people just eat that ist up.

Incredible Member

exactly. if she had literally waited 5 minutes tchalla would have been there. this issue made her look small and impulsive unable to work with people who are allegedly her family.
    Her only family is in Kenya and Krakoa, she has lived and bleed with the mutants since the 60`s. This man that is his "family" publicly divorce her and chame her, he is no longer her family.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

He raised good points. One of them being how Wakandans viewed Storm as a goddess under Coates. She saved them from Adversary and they literally prayed to her. The artist showed people from all over the country praying to her. So, when the podcaster said if Goddess Storm Hadari Yao came asking for a Wakandan sword then you give it to her. That makes sense but only if Coates's work isn't ignored. Why would Wakandans have a problem with their Hadari Yao borrowing a sacred sword that could possibly save their lives? Come on, most of them wouldn't.

And, okay, another poster noted that no one would've even known the sword was gone unless Ramonda, Shuri, or T'Challa told them. So true. None of this makes any sense beyond the contrivance of ending the relationship. That is not hard to discern. The logic of it all fails. But not if that motivation is factored in.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-07-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Like don't get me wrong. Coates BP is PAINFULLY SLOW, but it does things like this.

X-books haven't done stuff like this in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    X-books drive on drama. The question is never "How do we make this work?" and more "How to we derive the most emotion out of it?"

you freaking get it. coates clearly loved Claremont and his stories mirror the parts of Ckaremont we fell in love with! the current xeditors dont even understand or think it makes sense that her powers work in space lol

but the girls go off when she uses her lightning sword as an omega in this 13 marauders issue?? uhmmm no thanks bye
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Perhaps...with hordes of other-dimensional demons massing at the gates Storm just didn't have the time nor the patience to be diplomatically elegant?
    She did them the courtesy of asking for it rather than out-right stealing it from under their noses without them knowing...which could have been an option.

Going by the solicit for this issue...I was actually hoping for an Indiana Jones-type of story where she goes on an adventure/quest to retrieve the sword, encounters demons/possessed people and has to fight her way through with awesome displays of hand to hand and weather powers to get to the sword just in the nick of time but...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My opinion is that they have to have that inherent bias that they need to constantly show. Even in relationships. They thrive on the drama and some people just eat that ist up.
    The X-office thrives on a perpetual victim narrative that's bolstered by their lack of willingness to incorporate non-mutant heroes into their stories. If T'Challa, Iron Man, or any hero were shown to be active in the pursuit of mutant justice it takes away from the notion that effectively every non-mutant hero is implicit in the suffering of mutants everywhere or are actively harboring anti-mutant views themselves.

So where in the Avengers office Storm's relationship with T'Challa is either ignored or put on a pedestal, the X-office sees it as something to be shown as an impediment to a "real" X-Man. A distraction or at worst a threat to the security of mutantkind. So T'Challa can't be shown as an active advocate for the mutant community, he needs to be aloof to mutant catastrophes and want his wife to completely divorce herself of those issues.

It's why a romance between them can never work in the end. T'Challa's mere existence as an X-Men ally threatens one of the core values of the modern X-office and many x-fans that have internalized that same complex. They'd sooner see Wakandans exterminating mutants than them actually standing alongside mutants as allies.

Which isn't even getting into the whole racial subtext of Storm embracing a black man as her lover, something that is certainly off-putting to a portion of the fanbase. For many Storm is post-racial, above blackness or African-ness and to see her expressing those roots, especially with a black man elicits the same kind of discomfort in some X-fans that fans of Beyonce got when she released "Formation" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The X-office thrives on a perpetual victim narrative that's bolstered by their lack of willingness to incorporate non-mutant heroes into their stories. If T'Challa, Iron Man, or any hero were shown to be active in the pursuit of mutant justice it takes away from the notion that effectively every non-mutant hero is implicit in the suffering of mutants everywhere or are actively harboring anti-mutant views themselves.

So where in the Avengers office Storm's relationship with T'Challa is either ignored or put on a pedestal, the X-office sees it as something to be shown as an impediment to a "real" X-Man. A distraction or at worst a threat to the security of mutantkind. So T'Challa can't be shown as an active advocate for the mutant community, he needs to be aloof to mutant catastrophes and want his wife to completely divorce herself of those issues.

It's why a romance between them can never work in the end. T'Challa's mere existence as an X-Men ally threatens one of the core values of the modern X-office and many x-fans that have internalized that same complex. They'd sooner see Wakandans exterminating mutants than them actually standing alongside mutants as allies.

Which isn't even getting into the whole racial subtext of Storm embracing a black man as her lover, something that is certainly off-putting to a portion of the fanbase. For many Storm is post-racial, above blackness or African-ness and to see her expressing those roots, especially with a black man elicits the same kind of discomfort in some X-fans that fans of Beyonce got when she released "Formation" lol.
    You said it dude, it's about victimhood. They couldn't have found any other solution to Storm getting the sword without the nonsense