Page 258 of 271 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4057

Ooooooh....Blue Marvel's story from the 60's would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A Millie The Model movie could be awesome if done right.

Blue Marvel based on the first mini set in the 60's

Daughters of the Dragon done as a grindhouse flick could be cool
    Pure straight up kick ass. Do it like a modern day spaghetti western. I'd love to see it. The have a Shang-Chi cameo to set up his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Ooooooh....Blue Marvel's story from the 60's would be amazing.

Intro Adam Brashear as a longtime friend of Reed Richards when they launch the MCU FF movie.

Please tell me this is happening!!!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicsCrazed View Post
    Please tell me this is happening!!!
    Another photo of these two has popped up as well, but I don't think that this is a part of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I OFFICIALLY take back everything I said about Marvel's diversity push. With them giving non-white characters titles that use to belong to white characters. For example the Hulk or Iron man. Before I thought it was lazy on Marvel's push when they should be pushing the minority characters they ALREADY HAVE But... JESUS CHRIST..... Reading through Comicvine that site has become the comicbook site for alt righters. I hope Marvel keeps doing what they are doing to make these clowns angry. Who needs readers like them? I'm sorry of this post is dramatic.

Lastly you can tell its not just about white characters turning non-white. No they just dont wanna see non-white characters at all! With them constantly complaining about the Black Panther film.
    It's only every now and then that I speak up and correct some ignorant sh!t when it's spewed around me. For these reasons: I. take up too much of my time 2. I get reeeeal sarcastic and start to agitate the situation and im on papers 3. It's 2018 if a person hasn't learned to at least try to see past personal biases there's no hope for me gettin' through . But I've started to realize on comic sites New/ unfamiliar fans check them out for factual info about a comics. And if enough people read and accept the wrong info on a char it likely is detrimental to said char (ESP minority ones) becomes canon (it almost always does!). So I clumsily try to "wake" them up lol. Sucks to hear about Comicvine

Also any have any details bout The Donald Glover Deadpool thing? Cause I just saw this...
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/979006017756332032?s=13

Mighty Member

Marvel had did a good job in making another Crew series (featuring characters that the mainstream audiences know and like/love), but they should had made that new series a mini from the beginning and saw where it went from there. That way, it wouldn't had resulted in some comic readers feeling disappointed (!!!!) when that ongoing book becomes a mini too quick that it's not even funny.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With the imminent success of the upcoming Black Panther movie and Captain Marvel and Black Widow movies in the pipe, what female/minority hero/heroine is poised to get a big screen, solo movie next?
    I don't want to 'tick off diversity boxes,' but I feel like it's (long past) time for a Latino, Asian or gay hero on the screen (as part of a team, at minimum, if not solo).

White Tiger or Shang-Chi would be suitable Netflix options for two of those. (Or a Daughters of the Dragon series, obvs.)

I'd prefer someone like Living Lightning, Wind-Dancer or Collective Man, personally, but they seem far less likely to get a push than more recognizable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't want to 'tick off diversity boxes,' but I feel like it's (long past) time for a Latino, Asian or gay hero on the screen (as part of a team, at minimum, if not solo).

White Tiger or Shang-Chi would be suitable Netflix options for two of those. (Or a Daughters of the Dragon series, obvs.)

I'd prefer someone like Living Lightning, Wind-Dancer or Collective Man, personally, but they seem far less likely to get a push than more recognizable characters.
    I can se a DotD Netflix show. They already have the characters in play.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel movies not mcu like new mutants will have have latino and native american on a team.
    Sony is planning to make a live action silk movie and a black latino animated spiderman movie is coming out this year.
    I have not seen logan yet,but x-23 is latino and superhero and a main cast member,of course logan not a team movie.

Extraordinary Member

Sony Developing Spider-Man Spinoff Starring Marvel's Silk - CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/silk-movie-spider-man-spinoff-sony/

Of course the new ms.marvel is south asian.
    Ms. Marvel Is Coming to the MCU, Feige Says | CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-confirmed-mcu-feige/

Asian marvel characters appreciation.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation/page41

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel movies not mcu like new mutants will have have latino and native american on a team.
    Is she Native American tho? And you do know the Latino character is racially supposed to be black?

Yeah this type of thinking leads to no diversity. Nah tick off those diversity boxes. You change a character to another race have to have diversity and to use a popular character. Fans get upset say create another character like that one. Then you use a legacy hero minority for diversity .Fans get upset they say use the original character which they love why can't they create new character. You create brand new original character. Fans get upset why are they creating new characters i want to see my old favorites. As you can see any way you do diversity someone will be upset. Check off those boxes because waiting for the "right way" will never happen

While I am talking about it I think comics have enough representation already. The challenge is for them to make "A list" minority representation I can name of long list of Latino, Asian, Native American characters but since the nature comics is turn over and comics has love undying love for the past when that happens when turnover /change happens they go back to "A-list" characters because they "sell books" and that who fans "want to see." I want to see a minority character get the push Captain Marvel has getting( yeah BP,Miles and Kamela are getting God pushes as well) . When you execute the A-list push well like with Black Panther and world build, then Shuri,Okoye, Killmonger, M'Baku,etc become also things. Yeah it is hard process but making/polishing one quality character imo has bigger impact than hey look the all the Asian females X-men has Jubilee, Armor, Surge, Karma, Kwannon, Dust, Trinary, Loa,etc

I'm a fan of Blindspot from Daredevil and I'm hoping he gets a push in comics or tv.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Is she Native American tho? And you do know the Latino character is racially supposed to be black?
    The actress is native american in new mutants and i know sunspot is suppose to be latino and racially black but the one the in the x-men film days of future past was not.