Page 100 of 232 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Me too. I wonder who will be the artist on the book with Slott?
    I hope it's someone that can really do the armor justice. Too many artists have drawn Tony's armor flat with little depth.

And no more Sawyer or Howard Hughes looking Tony either.

Me too. I wonder who will be the artist on the book with Slott?
    Really keeping my fingers crossed for Stuart Immonen.

100 pages!!!!!!!!! We finally got here lol. I blame myself. I should be posting in this thread a lot more.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Really keeping my fingers crossed for Stuart Immonen.
    I would LOVE to see that.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

100 pages!!!!!!!!! We finally got here lol. I blame myself. I should be posting in this thread a lot more.
    Me too bro. It's just disheartening when we see our boy being treated so badly in his own freaking book.

It's hard to post when there's so little going on in the title. Speculating on what Slott will do is really all we have. Hopefully the artist he brings in can design something as awesome as the Bleeding Edge armor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope it's someone that can really do the armor justice. Too many artists have drawn Tony's armor flat with little depth.

And no more Sawyer or Howard Hughes looking Tony either.

But Hughes Tony is Best Tony! Dunno,might be just me, but I always imagined Tony as a throwback to the Golden Hollywood era. Or to the days of Dean Martin and Siantra. I dislike it when they go "too modern" with him, utterly distancing him from that "old school" look and attitude. Make him just a "hip n' cool tech guy", and he loses his charm. He always was the comic-version of Charles Kane to me, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    But Hughes Tony is Best Tony! Dunno,might be just me, but I always imagined Tony as a throwback to the Golden Hollywood era. Or to the days of Dean Martin and Siantra. I dislike it when they go "too modern" with him, utterly distancing him from that "old school" look and attitude. Make him just a "hip n' cool tech guy", and he loses his charm. He always was the comic-version of Charles Kane to me, in a way.
    I prefer it somewhere in the middle, I think. I do agree that he should be protrayed as a Dean Martin or Sinatra. I think that's a good comparison for when he's out there being Tony Stark running a company. But I also like that the classic rock, down and dirty with his tech Tony like they show in the movies from time to time.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did like the Howard Hughes look. I remember when he had the Tom Selleck/Magnum P.I. thing going and rocking the mullet too.

Heh, he's had so many different looks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I prefer it somewhere in the middle, I think. I do agree that he should be protrayed as a Dean Martin or Sinatra. I think that's a good comparison for when he's out there being Tony Stark running a company. But I also like that the classic rock, down and dirty with his tech Tony like they show in the movies from time to time.
    Hmm, that is a good point. There is a difference between Tony the Engineer, Tony the CEO, Tony the Super-Hero, Tony the Playboy and just... Tony. I think each "persona" does need a bit of a different approach, almost as if they're "different identities" in a way. When I think of Tony the CEO, I think of a no-nonsense but kind boss like say, Bobby Axelrod from Billions. When I think of Tony the Playboy who wants to woo a gal, I think of Don Draper's (not Dick Whitman's...) presence with Sinatra's charm. When I think of Tony the Engineer, I think of the 90s Cartoon intro:

(Impractical and unrealistic, but fuck it, it's cool)

Writers these days just jumble them all together and go with a general "tech guy who likes to party", missing the point entirely.

PS: Read #596... I hate some pages, I like some others, but I just want someone to retcon this whole mess...

BANNED

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did like the Howard Hughes look. I remember when he had the Tom Selleck/Magnum P.I. thing going and rocking the mullet too.

Heh, he's had so many different looks.
    I liked the mullet/perm, truth be told.

But I always preferred the more "professional" look.

I liked the mullet/perm, truth be told.

But I always preferred the more "professional" look.

Rhodey with the box fade.

BANNED

Rhodey with the box fade.
    I don't like clean shaven Rhodey that much. He's too... bland. He looks better with a beard:

I don't like clean shaven Rhodey that much. He's too... bland. He looks better with a beard:

He looks like a villain in this image.

BANNED

He looks like a villain in this image.
    Closest I could find with a beard over at Google.

Rhodey's an angry man... Kidding aside, I just don't like the clean shaven look with the afro or buzzcut. It makes him look like a 20 something rookie.