Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like the Apocalypse retcons. They make the character less unique and more of a holder of a symbol.

I think it's unfortunate it was done in Uncanny avengers right around the time of AXIS and the Magneto family undoing retcon, this adds to the sense it was a way to detach Apocalypse from X-lore

But it's a cool idea, and the Uncanny X Force version works, as did the more modern Age of Apocalypse (2012 or so) which is such a super dark and gritty read btw, but with amazing art
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Best:
    -Maximoffs are Magneto’s kids
    -Magneto’s Holocaust backstory
    -Morrison’s Magneto ultimately being Xorn in the end
    -Storm and T’Challa having a history together

Worst:
    -Maximoffs are not Magneto’s kids
    -Vulcan existing
    -Iceman suddenly becoming gay
    -Cassandra Nova
    -The whole Danger thing
    -Avalanche having a random daughter
    -Romulus BS
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Best:
    -Maximoffs are Magneto’s kids
    -Magneto’s Holocaust backstory
    -Morrison’s Magneto ultimately being Xorn in the end
    -Storm and T’Challa having a history together

Worst:
    -Maximoffs are not Magneto’s kids
    -Vulcan existing
    -Iceman suddenly becoming gay
    -Cassandra Nova
    -The whole Danger thing
    -Avalanche having a random daughter
    -Romulus BS
    Avalanche having a random daughter felt like Remender feeling guilty for killing him so he gave him a daughter.
    Which is **** too because Avalanche would have been a better gay character than Iceman. He was Pyro's closest friend, never had a romantic interest, and owned a bar in San Francisco. It would be much easier to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's always been quite a bit of overlap. For example, Karma debuted at 19 years only, which is the same age Colossus was at the time and she was older than Rogue and Kitty. Jono and Husk were 18 and 17 when Gen X began with Synch and M being 16, yet Kitty, Rahne and Sunspot were 16/17 at the time. Jubilee wasnt that much older than the kids introduced with New X-men and was likely same as many of them. The only time there was a signfiicant gap was going from O5 group to New Mutants bc Xavier wasnt constantly recruiting new classes the way we've since the 80s
    Yeah, there's even some overlap between Gen X and New Mutants. Jubilee turned 17 or 18 on Utopia, while Pixie was already 19 (stated on-panel to be legal drinking age in Canada). I guess now Jubes can age again, but now Laura's even older (20) and she was around the youngest of the squad. All of the New X-Men are at least 18, with most of them hitting the 20-22 mark. Thinking about it, Julian, David and Noriko were 17 at the beginning of New X-Men Vol 2. And Laura was 16 during Utopia-era X-Force. SO now that she's 20, Surge, Prodigy and Hellion are all at least 21.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, there's even some overlap between Gen X and New Mutants. Jubilee turned 17 or 18 on Utopia, while Pixie was already 19 (stated on-panel to be legal drinking age in Canada). I guess now Jubes can age again, but now Laura's even older (20) and she was around the youngest of the squad. All of the New X-Men are at least 18, with most of them hitting the 20-22 mark. Thinking about it, Julian, David and Noriko were 17 at the beginning of New X-Men Vol 2. And Laura was 16 during Utopia-era X-Force. SO now that she's 20, Surge, Prodigy and Hellion are all at least 21.
    Empath was 20 in 2009 when he was blinded by Pixie

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Where was it stated that Laura was 20 years old?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-28-2018 at 04:41 AM.

1) Jubilee turned 18 in issue 11 of Gischler’s X-men run (she was 17 when she was turned - she says as much in Wolverine & Jubilee #1). She’s now supposedly 19 or 20 (chronologically - but still 17 physically).

2) Legal drinking age in Canada falls under provincial jurisdiction, and varies depending on where you are. The legal age for purchase is: 19 years of age in BC, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, PEI, Saskatchewan, and Yukon. 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec.

3) No matter how painfully complicated the sliding time scale, never wash painkillers down with red wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I refuse to believe it's been 4 years since Utopia, but the 05 came from like '10' years ago.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How was Onslaught a retcon?
    The "... is a traitor" from Bishop's future. I'm pretty sure they had no idea who it would be at the time. When it was revealed it was Xavier I loved it !
    (also why "Evil Bishop" should be on th worst list too)

I really loved how Gambit and Rogue met and their first kiss retcon in R&G#2.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The "... is a traitor" from Bishop's future. I'm pretty sure they had no idea who it would be at the time. When it was revealed it was Xavier I loved it !
    As far as I know, the original plan was to make the traitor Gambit since eventually he got revealed to have worked for Sinister with the Marauders correct? Gambit was always portrayed as sneaky for quite a long time until the late 90s really, like he was suspected of spying or could be "activated" somehow by nefarious interests to turn on the X-Men. That was part of what made the flirtations with Rogue so "Spicy" because it was forbidden not only due to her mutant abilities but his highly questionable morality as well

And you could say Gambit being replaced with Onslaught "solved" the problem but that was so meh they later took another crack at it with Hope
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

thats not retcon. A retcon would be saying it was one character but changing it to Xavier. Onslaught was wrapping up a dangling plotline. The reveal in and of itself wasnt a retcon

Quintin was older then anyone in the New X-Men and he was still a teenager when Jubilee stopped being undead, he is AT MOST 19, everyone else counted down from that, that's the latest on this situation, not the info on Laura.

BANNED

LUVIN all the enthusiasm & support, just from the 1st page alone, for...

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    ... EDIT: Polaris 'confirmed' being Magneto's daughter was good. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    Good: Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's children...
    Best... Magneto's children. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    best: ... polaris, wanda and pietro being magneto's kids...
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Excelent: Polaris, Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's children. ...

Though I'm hesitant to reference their hereditary relationships as retcons, TBH. I prefer my own self-created term DevRev, for such things, actually. Which is just short for... developmental revelation. 8D

BANNED

Feel the SAME 'bout this SUPER-COOL CHARACTER's DevRev, and that it...

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    ... Extra EDIT: Iceman being gay
    Best, Iceman's homosexuality. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Good:
    ... -Iceman is gay...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    ... Yes! Iceman being gay is amazing. ...
    ... ONLY ENHANCED...

... his already amazing awesomeness!