Page 202 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

I'm hyped lol but I'm not hyped because it's Coates if that's make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm hyped lol but I'm not hyped because it's Coates if that's make sense.
    Dudes the king of the monkey paw

give a one sentence summary what is happening and it sounds hype as hell

then he sucks the life out of it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thoughts on who is Black Panther's #1 villain? Klaw or Killmonger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It starts with C.

It's Killmonger.

Unfortunately for Klaw, he was introduced too early, and then he got used too often as F4 or Avengers fodder. And then they made his weakness the very thing T'challa has an abundance for. And throughout the same time, they never gave him an arc to fix himself to become a threat. Priest at least made his power set memorable for all of... 1? 2? issues before T'challa was stopped from killing him.

Can anyone even name a single good klaw story lol? Hudlins WITBP is the best and i don't even think Klaw is that memorable in it really... and T'chala discarded him rather quickly when they met.

Killmonger has Panthers Rage and he has the Priest Story which is rather iconic IMHO. Then the movie solidified it. He will eventually be used again by a real writer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It starts with C.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Coates lol but imo it should be Man-ape but writers treat him like a jobber

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    sigh... the threat hasn't even been established. This is comic book 101. You have to establish the threat.

symKillmonger threat seems to be... Wakanda. Ok... that is small time shit you don't need all black heroes for lol.

either the threat is "galactic Wakanda is taking over earth" which is an EVENT LEVEL THREAT aka ALL HEROES ON DECK aka TAKE 6 MONTHS TO TELL THE STORY WITH MULTIPLE TIE INs...

or it is a Wakandan threat and Black Panther should his Wakandan assets can take care of it.

Fundamental shit man. If you are calling Blue Marvel in, the threat should be Earth based. Not this... shit.
    Agreed ad co-signed on all levels.

A better question is what other marvel villain should become a part of BP's rogues?

Viper -criminal mastermind, a leader of numerous criminal organizations and an excellent fighter. She has enough minions(fodder) for the Doras and HZ to be used.

Moses Magnum - powerful, intelligent, led his own nation for a time.

High Evolutionary - super genius, creates his own minions, super-ego.

Zodiac - criminal cartel, lots of minions, some geniuses among the group

Max Fury - strategist, cunning and leads a shadowy corporation.

Wonder since they did the mini for Shuri and Killmonger, I wonder if Okoye is next when BP2 gets closer.

You can easily have her on a "walkabout" situation throughout Africa during the time period she dissapeared in the books.

Say she left on T'challa's urgings because she felt lost after the royal marriage and the end of the two dora system.

And what spurred her to come back was hearing what happened with the MA and then her Dora buddy QDJ being captured. And she realized her place was still in Wakanda next to the King.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    With the Dora separate from the throne in name only, the easiest way to keep the MA away is to just have them move to a Mute Zone or something. Their whole thing is T’Challa is complicit in Wakandan misogyny and the throne doesn’t defend the little people so in the wake of the Wakandan Empire invasion just have it so they choose to roam the rural areas of the kingdom protecting those the crown may overlook.

The Dora are basically samurai now, a semi-independent order of warriors. The Midnight Angels can be ronin, wanderers without loyalty to any chieftain. They get a happy ending and BP books don’t need to feel obligated to include them unless it’s an all hands on deck situation. Okoye can lead the remaining 18-24 Dora, based out of Upanga in Birnin Zana and loyal to T’Challa.

Some great ideas...

Astonishing Member

It's Killmonger.

Unfortunately for Klaw, he was introduced too early, and then he got used too often as F4 or Avengers fodder. And then they made his weakness the very thing T'challa has an abundance for. And throughout the same time, they never gave him an arc to fix himself to become a threat. Priest at least made his power set memorable for all of... 1? 2? issues before T'challa was stopped from killing him.

Can anyone even name a single good klaw story lol? Hudlins WITBP is the best and i don't even think Klaw is that memorable in it really... and T'chala discarded him rather quickly when they met.

Killmonger has Panthers Rage and he has the Priest Story which is rather iconic IMHO. Then the movie solidified it. He will eventually be used again by a real writer for sure.

The thing is all you have to do to counteract T’Challa’s vibranium is say that Klaw, who should basically be an omega-level sound manipulator, can overload or otherwise render the metal inert. How’d he pose a threat under Coates, didn’t he just steal some reverbium? The issue with Klaw isn’t his power levels (it doesn’t take much for a writer to make him one of the most dangerous beings on the planet) it’s that he’s a boring one note villain.

Killmonger’s worked across the comic and now movie medium because even if he can be a bit bland himself, he has an actual personality and sometimes actually stands for themes and ideas bigger than himself. Or at least he can convince himself and the audience of that lol. He’s power-hungry, a broken kid stolen from paradise lashing out against the world, the dark mirror of the worst traits T’Challa sees in himself. It helps that there have been little tidbits to humanize him, from Madame Slay to his “son” among the Death Regiments. Killmonger’s not a “great” antagonist but he has something other than “evil guy after Wakandan resources”.

Outside killing his dad, Klaw doesn’t have any real connection to T’Challa, he doesn’t represent anything on a thematic level other than global (post)-colonial white supremacy which is an interesting contrast but what else is there? A dead sister no one gives a shit about? Where’s his compelling backstory, what are his views on the world in a changing geopolitical landscape, what does it really mean for him to be living sound, who are his subordinates and why do they follow him? He’s a stock villain, a comedic one at best like in the BP movie. There are plenty of great, epic stories to be told with Klaw but no one at Marvel seems to want to tell them.

A better question is what other marvel villain should become a part of BP's rogues?

Viper -criminal mastermind, a leader of numerous criminal organizations and an excellent fighter. She has enough minions(fodder) for the Doras and HZ to be used.

All of them would be solid choices, especially Moses Magnum. I’ve always wanted to see T’Challa face off against Rhino even though he’s strictly a Spidey rogue.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Fun Fact: We don't even know what T'challa's "word" was to Aneka. They never circled around to it, they apparently had a very meaningful conversation that was done off panel and never mentioned again lol
    I completely forgot that. I was planning on re-reading this series if I have time and I'm curious how it'll feel in a one-through read.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Moses Magnum should be a much bigger deal than he currently is. I personally don’t love the whole leader of a rival nation angle, I’d like to see someone lean into him being a legitimate (but corrupt) arms dealer because T’Challa needs more global threats with assets across multiple continents. Plus it diversifies the rogues gallery to include other realistic threats to Wakanda, sure other nations can be a big deal but in the modern world corporations can be just as big a threat to national security.

Viper would be really great too. She’s one of Marvel’s best female villains and having another criminal/smuggler would be great. Haven’t had one of those since pre-Coates. Helps that she’s not often used all that much, a lot like Magnum. They wouldn’t be too hard to annex into the BP rogues gallery.

I’d also like to see Kraven make a comeback or maybe reveal he had a son with a Wakandan spy and have him be an enemy.

Damballah would be interesting. The son of the Elder God Set and one of the most powerful demons at Marvel, who may or may not be masquerading as the Voodoo god of life and creation. Lots of lore could be mined with him as maybe a deity of the ancient Wakandans and you have potential ties to other heroes like Brother Voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Whatever gets them into creative limbo never to be seen again is what I think should happen. I mean, this ain't even the first Aneka we have seen, the OG was a lot older. Just shuttle them off to limbo and let Okoye lead the REAL Dora Milaje since the mcu has established them and given them a distinct look
    Big facts....

New villain that makes the most sense to me is Black Swan and Black Dwarf as a pair. Power levels are respectable, both have major bones to pick with Tchalla specifically, and both dont have alot of baggage from other writers. Swan especially can be approached un a number of ways as a straight up hatred or an antagonistic admirer of what Tchalla accomplished starting from thw day he captured her and set plans in motion to stop Doom.

As for Klaw v Killmonger i feel like Killmonger is the more interesting of the two but Klaw should be the main foe having been the one to kill Tchaka. Poor use and development from marvel after having soiled him. He was written well in Hudlins Animated series just needs development.