Page 496 of 750 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Killmonger is ACTUALLY dead. Why bother reviving him when they could easily revive T'Challa instead? (if the film makers are stupid enough to kill of T'Challa in the first place). As for M'Baku aka MAN-APE...he's not part of the Panther religion. So what, we're changing and making up franchises now? Black Ape? Man-Black Ape? Nonsense. Get a new actor in the role of T'Challa; or is this a privilege exclusive to straight white males? People couldn't see another actor in the role of James Bond after Sean Connery and yet here we are 5 actors since Connery, with the incumbent actor not having his final film released yet and people are wetting their panties with excitement at baseless rumours of who the next Bond actor is.
    But Michael B Jordan is alive.

Another option is to tie it to WandaVision or the Dr. Strange movie and bring a Tchalla from a different universe. That way it makes sense why he looks different.

And none of the actors who played Bond died while doing their franchise portion. The studio is right to recast if they lead actor doesn't want to do it anymore.
    Last edited by Cville; 09-28-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Another option is to tie it to WandaVision or the Dr. Strange movie and bring a Tchalla from a different universe. That way it makes sense why he looks different.
    That's a good way of bringing in a new/different T'Challa. Maybe he was called Coal Tiger in his universe.

There are people that wanted shuri to replace tchalla when the movie was still in theatres. The same people are now saying you can't recast out of the guise of respect. It's transparent af. Websites like Wegotthiscovered are garbage. And if they do replace him in the MCU, you're kidding yourself if you don't think it will spill over into the comic side. Maybe we'll get a hank pym and tchalla mini in a couple years

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

A lot of y'all are sounding hella entitled right now. That's all I'm gonna say.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We know they have audio of him being referred to as "King T'Challa" so hopefully the "Man Without Fear" inspired design is just a creative decision and not T'Challa actually not being ruler of Wakanda. That would be... disappointing.
    I doubt they’ll use that storyline. I think the game has a very militaristic aesthetic and that fits right in with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't think it's true for a couple of reasons.

1. Grace Randolph.

2. People have wanted T'challa to be replaced by Shuri for such a long time now, I've lost count as to how many "leaks" and "rumors" have been made.

It's just for outrage clicks.
    I hope that's all it is because these people are relentless and if Feige and Coogler give in to these nonsensical demands...let's just say words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's a good way of bringing in a new/different T'Challa. Maybe he was called Coal Tiger in his universe.
    I was doing some head fiction over the weekend where because Tchaka was still alive, Tchalla created his own hero called Coal Tiger and used it to secretly train. He'd go abroad for school, but because its too easy he uses the time for training. Also he uses it as a disguise for fighting in Wakandas' versoin of Heaven's' Arena(Hunter X Hunter)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Aldis Hodge would be a good choice, but unfortunately he’s been cast as Hawkman. So unless Karter gets killed off in Black Adam, we can forget about Hodge playing T’Challa.
    We can kiss the idea of Hodge adios. I'd gladly opt for Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Sope Disiru or my friend David Ajala.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

And none of the actors who played Bond died while doing their franchise portion. The studio is right to recast if they lead actor doesn't want to do it anymore.
    What does Jordan being alive have to do with it? His character is dead. From the logic parameters within the movie, if T'Challa was dead they'd bring him back to life a million times over before Killmonger. However, the character of T'Challa is ALIVE. The most sensible thing to do is bring in a new actor to inhabit the role. This is the movie businesses; emphasis on business. That's the reality.
    As for different Bond actors and none of them dying, the narrative being given the most galactic of pushes is, "no one else can do the role justice". It's nonsense. Most of the clowns spewing this garbage never knew who T'Challa was prior to 2016. How do you know Chadwick was the only actor to pull off this role? Where's your evidence? Have you seen another actor in the role because the rest of the world hasn't? Give a black actor this opportunity to continue the legacy of a character that is still very much alive!
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 09-28-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    A lot of y'all are sounding hella entitled right now. That's all I'm gonna say.

These are the same conversations the house of Mouse is or will have.

Disney wants another billion and no Blue Marvel movie (who unfans want) is going to do that.

Is this a joke? People were going off at Chadwick for hanging around and supporting Nate Parker during the whole scandal that was brought up again around the time of Birth Of A Nation's release. They didn't want Chadwick's image ruined by association and you think people will accept Parker as the new BP?? Never. Going. To. Happen.
    Seeing some of the folks Disney has hired-they can't throw stones.

As for Parker-lets be clear some of that FAKE rage was more about the skin color of his WIFE versus what he was accused of.

Same fake rage John Ridley and Mike Coulter got. Same that Michael B Jordan got as well.

We have folks who have done WORST and they are working. Robert Downey Jr say HI.

Killmonger is ACTUALLY dead. Why bother reviving him when they could easily revive T'Challa instead? (if the film makers are stupid enough to kill of T'Challa in the first place). As for M'Baku aka MAN-APE...he's not part of the Panther religion. So what, we're changing and making up franchises now? Black Ape? Man-Black Ape? Nonsense. Get a new actor in the role of T'Challa; or is this a privilege exclusive to straight white males? People couldn't see another actor in the role of James Bond after Sean Connery and yet here we are 5 actors since Connery, with the incumbent actor not having his final film released yet and people are wetting their panties with excitement at baseless rumours of who the next Bond actor is.
    Honestly, I think a part of the reason Coogler MIGHT even consider going that direction would simply be because it's Micheal B. Jordan. A fairly big star who Coogler obviously enjoys working with. Not saying this option is a front runner by any means... but I wouldn't be 100% shocked if he opted to go in that direction.

Given they are introducing a multiverse, MAYBE rather than resurrecting T'CHalla they somehow manage to pull a Black Panther from another reality who ends up being Killmonger. A version that might not be evil... or at least as evil. It's fiction, so options like that are always on the table.

Ultimate Member

What does Jordan being alive have to do with it? His character is dead. From the logic parameters within the movie, if T'Challa was dead they'd bring him back to life a million times over before Killmonger. However, the character of T'Challa is ALIVE. The most sensible thing to do is bring in a new actor to inhabit the role. This is the movie businesses; emphasis on business. That's the reality.
    We have no idea who got bought back BEYOND the Endgame cast after the snapped was undone.

There is your loop hole.

Along with them going back in time to return stuff-whose to say they didn't make a stop somewhere or the Butter Fly effect didn't happen.

Also Panther has a LOT of cousins including one we saw in Ms Marvel.

If not wanting tchalla to be retired makes me entitled, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    These are the same conversations the house of Mouse is or will have.

Disney wants another billion and no Blue Marvel movie (who unfans want) is going to do that.

Seeing some of the folks Disney has hired-they can't throw stones.

As for Parker-lets be clear some of that FAKE rage was more about the skin color of his WIFE versus what he was accused of.

Same fake rage John Ridley and Mike Coulter got. Same that Michael B Jordan got as well.

We have folks who have done WORST and they are working. Robert Downey Jr say HI.
    Captain Marvel actually got a billion dollars, and she wasn't necessarily the biggest marvel character in the world. Aquaman got a billion too.

Pre-covid at least, I think it was getting easier to hit the billion dollar mark. So the Blue Marvel fanboy in me is saying maybe he could if Carol could. Maybe. The source material is a whole lot better. But that's probably a discussion for the Blue Marvel thread.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We have no idea who got bought back BEYOND the Endgame cast after the snapped was undone.

There is your loop hole.

Along with them going back in time to return stuff-whose to say they didn't make a stop somewhere or the Butter Fly effect didn't happen.

Also Panther has a LOT of cousins including one we saw in Ms Marvel.
    There is no loop hole. Everyone that was brought back were those who were dusted/snapped by Thanos. Just watch the first 14 seconds:

https://youtu.be/5OCd7FSWkSI
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 09-28-2020 at 07:43 AM.