Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Do we know where Cyclops is currently?
    He's going to be leading the new adjectiveless X-Men book which also be written by McKay.

Definitely expect we'll be getting a crossover between the 2 books.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Several people on Reddit are suggesting it's Kamala. But personally I think anyone already announced for another book is ruled out. Namor, Storm, and Phoenix all have solos. Laura and Kamala are both in NYX. Synch or Iceman would make sense.
    At some point, Storm and Iceman were in 3 teams at the same time, including an Avengers team for Storm, so that won't stop Marvel.
    But I really hope it's not one of them.

If it's really a "mighty" mutant, I hope it's Synch.
    I would love Magma or Warlock, or maybe Hellion, but the odds are next to zero.
    Synch has been pushed during the Krakoa era, and maybe for once the will keep pushing.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

As Mightiest X-men i wanna say Iceman that is if it isn't just MD Marvel
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wish it was Rogue but she's leading her own team in the X-books.
    Completely understandable. Still interested in a continuation of Remender's UA, though...

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s probably just Namor
    TBH, nothing would make me happier (T^T)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-13-2024 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jean is in space.
    You act like that really is something that culd prevent her from being on this roster. Hasnt Captain Marvel been in space in her past solos while being an Avenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You act like that really is something that culd prevent her from being on this roster. Hasnt Captain Marvel been in space in her past solos while being an Avenger?
    True, but I feel like the intention with Jean is that she's going to be totally cut off and doing her thing as Phoenix in space outside telepathically communicating with Scott.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    As Mightiest X-men i wanna say Iceman that is if it isn't just MD Marvel
    I'd love it to be Iceman. He's always been a great character with an amazing, visually-appealing power set. I liked him in Champions, wasn't crazy about the DeMatteis Defenders, but he's certainly ready for the big time!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd love it to be Iceman. He's always been a great character with an amazing, visually-appealing power set. I liked him in Champions, wasn't crazy about the DeMatteis Defenders, but he's certainly ready for the big time!
    Completely understandable. Personally, I'd settle for the JRJR version (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope it's Polaris.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but I feel like the intention with Jean is that she's going to be totally cut off and doing her thing as Phoenix in space outside telepathically communicating with Scott.
    I agree and it would be very weird for her to be hanging with the Avengers in orbit above Earth but only keeping in touch with Scott telepathically. I think they are getting away from characters being on teams and having their own books as far as mutants go. Even the new Wolverine series is rumored to take place before the upcoming Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hope it's Polaris.
    Me too but I fear they end up making her a villain during this new era. I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling that I'm not. I'm starting to think the new Avenger mutant will be Synch but yesterday I was leaning more towards Iceman. My main hope is that it's a character that hasn't been an Avenger before unless it's Sunfire. I'd totally love it to be Sunfire and he was briefly on the Unity Squad.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Apart from her attack on the Orchis space station she hasn't done anything throughout FoX to warrant villain status. Nor has she shown any inclination to be a villain. So it would have to be a very compelling story to convince me why that is her new direction. And quite frankly, no current writer has ever been that interested in her, in that depth. Even Duggan played it safe with her in his X-Men year one.

But yes...Someone completely out of the box like Synch, Polaris or Sunfire could really work.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The fact that the advertisement mentions Marvel's "mightiest mutant" led me to ask about Jean Grey, for, as the Phoenix, and sometimes even without being the Phoenix, she is usually the top tier mutant. Cyclops and Havok are two of my favorite mutants, however, while very powerful, I'd hardly call them the "mightiest" of mutants. I don't think Rogue, Sunfire, Storm, Ice-Man, Laura, Namor, Sync nor any of the mentioned here also fit that bill (it's a tall order). However, what if it's not someone usually seen as a hero? A mutant who many times has faced ALL the X-Men together, and quite often has come out on top? A mutant who has mastery of one of the fundamental forces of the Universe (and who has recently shined quite a lot in the X-Men'97 cartoon)? What if it's MAGNETO?????? Mind you, I'm not campaigning for him, but I think he fits the hints.

Peace

Magneto is on the X-Men though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Magneto is on the X-Men though.
    He is in the book but it doesnt feel like he's an active team member. Im interesting in seeing what his role ends up being. With that said, I cant see him as an Avenger under any circumstances