Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes he says, in a deadpan voice.
    the dots are just when the post is too short.

the answer is YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I'm leaving the door open for one more member but it depends on what happens with the other X books. I have not asked for any special treatment for that character from any of the other teams.

I always have back-ups if the first choice is killed, banished or otherwise unavailable. It will not be Deadpool, I can promise that.
    Is it Wolverine? Cable?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

While we await the final hours and pages of the Krakoan era, Rachel has had some shining and important moments that have highlighted her tactical mind as well her advanced powerset. While I know we're in for a treat as mutants move through their shared (and unique at times) PTSD, will we see how the events (and after events) of Forever and X-Men #35 impact Rachel as she navigates this new team and Jean's evolution?

Also as a request if possible, not just for Rachel but Sage and Betsy too, to limit possession stories. These three have been through the ringer individually and it would be great to not see them go through this trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    While we await the final hours and pages of the Krakoan era, Rachel has had some shining and important moments that have highlighted her tactical mind as well her advanced powerset. While I know we're in for a treat as mutants move through their shared (and unique at times) PTSD, will we see how the events (and after events) of Forever and X-Men #35 impact Rachel as she navigates this new team and Jean's evolution?

Also as a request if possible, not just for Rachel but Sage and Betsy too, to limit or just NOT do possession stories. These three have been through the ringer individually and it would be great to not see them go through this trope.
    lol.

I promise, there will be ZERo possession stories.

Hey RJ, you stated elsewhere that you have about two years worth of stories, possibly more already set up.

With you being that far ahead, do you leave yourself any wiggle-room in case there are new things that might enter the equation? Or do you pretty much run with what you have scripted?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is it Wolverine? Cable?
    Nope.

I almost certainly won't be using Cable because once you do that it becomes a Cable book and this is, at its core, a Forge book. If he does appear it'll be a one and done and it won't be soon.

Wolverine has enough to do.

I always have back-ups if the first choice is killed, banished or otherwise unavailable.
    This made me laugh.

Can you tell us how many issues the first arc will have?

Hey RJ, you stated elsewhere that you have about two years worth of stories, possibly more already set up.

With you being that far ahead, do you leave yourself any wiggle-room in case there are new things that might enter the equation? Or do you pretty much run with what you have scripted?
    you have to leave wiggle room. while it's not as cohesive as Krakoa, this era requires all of us being in contact about each other's books. If there's an event or x-over, we have to be able to co-ordinate without wrecking whatever it was we had going prior to the x-over.

So, yeah, I always try to be as flexy as possible when working at one of the Big 2.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-14-2024 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This made me laugh.

Can you tell us how many issues the first arc will have?
    That might constitute a spoiler.

What I can say is you should consider every five issues to be a CHAPTER, not an ARC. My arcs are longer than that.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

lol.

I promise, there will be ZERo possession stories.
    Already you are a god among men. Thank you

one thing I want to say before the books drop.

I am telling you a story. There will be ups and downs, wins and losses throughout. I will certainly put some characters through things that may piss you off in the moment. PLEASE, remember I'm telling you a story. What you see in a given moment is certainly connected to something that's coming and may not even be what you think it is as you see it.

it's going to be fun but it's going to be a bumpy ride.

That might constitute a spoiler.

What I can say is you should consider every five issues to be a CHAPTER, not an ARC. My arcs are longer than that.
    Thank you. I don't know why but every time I hear arc, I think "beginning-end-stop-next story" if that makes sense. A lot of story "arcs" don't have nuances or the tiny sub-plots that lead into the next storyline. There is little to no connective tissue between each storyline. It's like once the story ends, we move on to the next and the previous story is forgotten.

Thank you. I don't know why but every time I hear arc, I think "beginning-end-stop-next story" if that makes sense. A lot of story "arcs" don't have nuances or the tiny sub-plots that lead into the next storyline. There is little to no connective tissue between each storyline. It's like once the story ends, we move on to the next and the previous story is forgotten.

I like when arcs flow into each other seamlessly so the seeds of every upcoming arc will be dropped in the arc you're reading. though you might not realize it at the moment.

I like when arcs flow into each other seamlessly so the seeds of every upcoming arc will be dropped in the arc you're reading. though you might not realize it at the moment.
    Honestly, you don't know how glad I am to hear this. It makes you read the story fully and pay attention, knowing that there could be clues that lead to something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Hello! Will we see the current state of Betsy's and Sage's powers, explained? Thank you.
    Wait. Why do we have to have Betsy's powers explained? Did something happen in the Captain Britain solo?

Pretty sure she is still just has telepathy and telekinesis and then whatever the Captain Britain augmentations of strength and flight?

She destroyed the amulet so I think she gets strength from the Starlight Sword?