Page 149 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2633
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I agree in large part with this (setting aside the nonsense about my own work).

Reggie did mostly good things (hitching T'Challa and Storm was a massive unforced error as it closed off a host of potential story lines for both of them) but in the end all that good stuff just put a massive target on T'Challa's and Wakanda's backs.

He's been taking kicks to the guts mostly ever since (Liss and Aaron being exceptions).

Dunno if this was conscious or unconscious but it's definitely real.
    Ever since Chris Claremont dropped this...

Followed by Priest dropping this...

I wanted to see them together and these interactions between the Black Panther and Storm were ideal fodder. I was in favor of T'Challa and Ororo being in a relationship. A romantic, sexual relationship founded on their love, trust and respect for one another. A relationship filled with all types of adventures and challenges.

Marrying them was a mistake. How they were betrothed was pedestrian and their married life was mundane, a situation antithetical to both characters. All their experiences during Hudlin's era would have been ok if they did not marry. Maintaining their individual sense of purpose and duty combined with the prerequisite attraction and sexual tension was all that was necessary for the Black Panther and Storm. This would ensure their authenticity and true voices.

And yes, the A.G.E.N.D.A. is quite real. Nuff said.

Wakanda is no longer the place it used to be at Marvel. It's just like every other fictional nation in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Ever since Chris Claremont dropped this...

Followed by Priest dropping this...

I wanted to see them together and these interactions between the Black Panther and Storm were ideal fodder. I was in favor of T'Challa and Ororo being in a relationship. A romantic, sexual relationship founded on their love, trust and respect for one another. A relationship filled with all types of adventures and challenges.

Marrying them was a mistake. How they were betrothed was pedestrian and their married life was mundane, a situation antithetical to both characters. All their experiences during Hudlin's era would have been ok if they did not marry. Maintaining their individual sense of purpose and duty combined with the prerequisite attraction and sexual tension was all that was necessary for the Black Panther and Storm. This would ensure their authenticity and true voices.

And yes, the A.G.E.N.D.A. is quite real. Nuff said.
    The handling of the divorce was even worse.

And this is why you simply cannot put faith in giant corporate media to scratch this particular itch. it will, 100% of the time, disappoint.

Go read Killadelphia. That book is the truth.

Correct. The idea of BP and Storm together is great! The execution, however, was not and that's due to corporate issues.

If you really want a "Black Power Couple" then they should be pushing Blue Marvel and Spectrum/Photon. But they didn't...

And yes, Killadelphia is fantastic!!

Ultimate Member

And this is why you simply cannot put faith in giant corporate media to scratch this particular itch. it will, 100% of the time, disappoint.

Yes!

I gave the book a shoutout in the minority forum some months ago, it's a fantastic book.

When it comes to black-led books, the independents are doing a much better job than the big 2.

It is what it is.

EDIT: Read House of Slaughter as well. That's another black led book that's good.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-15-2024 at 09:44 AM.

Did you ever read Noble from Lion's Forge?

That book was great.

That’s not what I said. Uncolonized is fantastic. Unconquerable is a challenge. And it was accepted. And Wakanda has been getting its ass kicked ever since. From inside and out.
    In torn on it. On the one hand, SwaD was wobe if the greatest BP stories ever, sane with KiB BP. It has also lended to interesting stories where Wakanda is one of the last places on earth that still around because they can't be easily taken. BUT then it leads to them getting humbled, and sometimes those stories are absolutely BS. Hickman did it pretty well Thanos black order had to attack 3 times with Thanos himself showing up and the full might of his order, to beat Wakanda. But then stories like Hydra Steve beating WK because Faustus gets this Bs unexplained power up that he can't use ever again, it stupid. I would say though overall WK fares pretty well. It's the constant civil war isht that bugs me, and that's not really Hudlins fault but just a monarch trope

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Did you ever read Noble from Lion's Forge?

That book was great.
    Too many people slept on LION FORGE and those are the same people who do an AWFUL lot of whining now about what comics aren't giving them.

Hundreds of talented creators have been trying, for DECADES, to give what these folks say they want but what they really want is a Time Machine where they can go back and insert all the blackness and queerness into the past so that it was magically ALWAYS that way in the present.

We can see how that might not be the most realistic of goals.

Yeah, I loved NOBLE.

Just like I loved Milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Im very interested in hearing more about your own comic line. If you ever need an artist... lemme know!
    I have been chipping at doing my own comics line for some time but my day job (making TV shows) just keeps pulling me out and I can't get the necessary traction. Trying to put a stop to that in the next 12 months but it's hard.

this is one of the BATTLEBOOKS (there are three).

I had several titles up on WEBTOON but I'm switching that stuff (and redrawing it)to TAPAS.

and I'm FINALLY wrapping this up, I hope, this month.

wintermancover4 4 copy.jpg

Here's what's up on AMAZON

Too many people slept on LION FORGE and those are the same people who do an AWFUL lot of whining now about what comics aren't giving them.

Hundreds of talented creators have been trying, for DECADES, to give what these folks say they want but what they really want is a Time Machine where they can go back and insert all the blackness and queerness into the past so that it was magically ALWAYS that way in the present.

Yeah, I loved NOBLE.

Yeah, I was pretty much buying everything that Lion's Forge was putting out, Noble and Incidentals being my top two.

I have been chipping at doing my own comics line for some time but my day job (making TV shows) just keeps pulling me out and I can't get the necessary traction. Trying to put a stop to that in the next 12 months but it's hard.

this is one of the BATTLEBOOKS (there are three).

I had several titles up on WEBTOON but I'm switching that stuff (and redrawing it)to TAPAS.

and I'm FINALLY wrapping this up, I hope, this month.

wintermancover4 4 copy.jpg

Here's what's up on AMAZON
    Okay, been waiting for Winterman's conclusion on Youtube.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Coming in 2025:

STORM'S eX
    Black Panther

NOTHING "Is what it is", in comics. EVERYTHING is flexible, based solely on editorial diktat.

Panther was created in 1966. Three years later, he met Monica Lynne in an Avengers issue, and they were treated as a couple for the next 30 years. When Priest decided to break them up, he mentioned his past with Storm... only to have the characters decide they could never be a couple.

Similarly, Storm was created in 1975. And while she had many relationships over the next quarter-century, her longest-running partner wasn't T'Challa. It was FORGE.

In both cases, they didn't become a serious couple until Hudlin married them off in 2006, forty years after T'Challa's creation and 30 years after Storm's.

And their "greatest love"... was annulled six years later, over a decade ago.

Since then, Storm has been treated as a goddess incarnate, the de-facto ruler of an entire planet, and "Marvel's Mightiest Mutant". Meanwhile, BP can't keep his throne for even an arc, his INTERGALACTIC empire is completely ignored in every single cosmic event, and he can't go a single issue of his own book without someone telling him what he's doing wrong.

Riddle me this: If being a king is so Evil™... where's the call for democracy on Arakko? Where are the people scolding Ororo for making arbitrary decisions on her own?

Why can SHE be a monarch, and T'Challa can't?

Is it any wonder that I usually end up dropping any book with Storm in the cast? She's a storytelling gravity sink... it always ends up being about her. If you don't believe me, look at Al Ewing's last three Xbooks...

SWORD: Storm isn't even a member, but gets several spotlight issues.
    X-MEN RED: She gets more panel time than anyone else in the book.
    RESURRECTION OF MAGNETO: A book about Magneto COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD, and Ororo gets entire issues of focus.

Hell, the last time I saw her in a comic, she'd somehow gained the ability to fly unaided in space at a large percentage of lightspeed...

Don't get me wrong: I like Storm as a character. I have for decades. But I never want to see her and T'Challa as a couple again.

First I would love for tchalla to be on his own and be successful. I donÂ’t disagree with you. I was basically saying storm is tchalla true love. That doesnÂ’t mean they have to be together. With that said

I believe tchalla is about to get revamped, hopefully for the good with new stories him being what he used to be. I think marvel with Chadwick dying messed up the whole character a lot of folks canÂ’t separate the character.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Yeah, I loved NOBLE.

Man these people are the ones who piss me off the most. They are the same anti recast Crew who were going HARD against the recast crowd, trying to throw sexism and homophobia at us for not wanting T'Challa or be erased and calling out the fact that the black men in the franchise were either all dead or imprisoned and the balance that made the first movie work well was shifted.

They claimed they want Black women in prominent headlining roles but don't want to put in the work, they will praise Roxanne gays WoW but didn't actually read or support it. Just used it as talking points and snippets. Same for for Shuri and trying to claim Shuri taking over is just the MCU following the comics when they don't know isht about it.

They know Disney princess Shuri, not the one who snapping MFers necks and was actually a warrior and had to prove her worth to have the mantle instead of sitting in a lab, taking T'Challas character traits and making quips.

They wanted T'Challa to give the prominence and rewards that fans and writer's had to put in without actually doing the work. These are the people Marvel is listening to

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wakanda is no longer the place it used to be at Marvel. It's just like every other fictional nation in the MU.
    Recent writers on the book have turned it in America but black basically. Instead of this mysterious mythical place far pulled to straight out of fantasy. Wakanda had been made BORING and run of the mill