Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

What a confluence of characters in here. The BP fans, the Avengers fans, the X-Men fans, and the Storm fans, and all with their own takes on the characters. Let's all buy this book, no matter how exactly it goes, just to let Marvel and the comic book stores know that when Storm is given a spot, we show up to support. At least 1 issue. If you don't like what you see, let Marvel know with an email or letter, and not buy any more. If you do like it, keep buying it. Let's get Storm to a place where she can tell all sorts of stories for all types of people. We can debate the qualities of those stories later....

Last edited by yogaflame; 05-14-2024 at 11:22 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What did she actually do as “voice of sol”?
    Save the universe from Dormamu by providing mysterium, and save shiar queen 3 times. Provide a hub for galactic diplomacy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Of course no one has a problem with that. It's the ultimate universe. It's a strong book. They aren't together in that book. She's with killmonger. He's married to okoye.

What I mean by together is that she still in the same book as him. Nobody crying about it. Bryan hills not don’t telling his story. Nobody knows what’s going to happen just like this avengers book. Either way tchalla and storm are back around each other. We just have to wait and find out we don’t own the characters marvel does. So I’m just going to sit back and read.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Wakanda find a woman like that
    Like Panther’s girl
    I want I want Panther’s girl

-Rick Springfield
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What a confluence of characters in here. The BP fans, the Avengers fans, the X-Men fans, and the Storm fans, and all with their own takes on the characters. Let's all buy this book, no matter how exactly it goes, just to let Marvel and the comic book stores know that when Storm is given a spot, we show up to support. At least 1 issue. If you don't like what you see, let Marvel know with an email or letter, and not buy any more. If you do like it, keep buying it. Let's get Storm to a place where she can tell all sorts of stories for all types of people. We can debate the qualities of those stories later....
    Most definitely buying
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

agreed 10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    If the Storm ongoing reveals a new costume for her, that will be her look for Avengers going forward.

In the main Avengers book Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Panther, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel all receive costume changes in-between issues to reflect the looks of their current ongoings.
    Yeah, plus Yuna Yang appeared in the previous arc of Avengers because of Carol's status quo of being bound to her through the Nega bands and thus having a time limit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. All the people concerned about Storm not being on a team… well, she’s on the Avengers (with a badass artist on the book too!) and getting a solo. How you like them apples?
    We went through this already though Jack, and I didn't like it then.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Different times, different intentions and vastly different writer.

As a BP/SW/Thor fan and Avengers fan I was already enjoying MacKay's Avengers. As a Storm fan, X-Men fan and Schiti fan with Storm's inclusion and Schiti illustrating this is just the celebratory champagne. I am in my flutes, drunk on the happiness to come.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-15-2024 at 09:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

As a BP fan and Avengers fan I was already enjoying MacKay's Avengers. As a Storm fan, X-Men fan and Schiti fan with Storm's inclusion and Schiti illustrating this is just the celebratory champagne. I am in my cups, drunk on the happiness to come.
    Yeah, it's weird that so many people are against this when this move gives Storm even more exposure. She's an X-Man, an Avenger and has a solo. Another version of her is in the Ultimate line. Things are definitely looking up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

As a BP/SW/Thor fan and Avengers fan I was already enjoying MacKay's Avengers. As a Storm fan, X-Men fan and Schiti fan with Storm's inclusion and Schiti illustrating this is just the celebratory champagne. I am in my flutes, drunk on the happiness to come.
    Same here. Only complaint I had was the art but seeing Schiti come aboard along with the Goddess has me excited. Jed has handled all of the cast with respect so far, so I see no need to be worried right now.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, it's weird that so many people are against this when this move gives Storm even more exposure. She's an X-Man, an Avenger and has a solo. Another version of her is in the Ultimate line. Things are definitely looking up for her.
    Well if this thread and others are an indication then it's safe to say there are people out there who want to actively keep the character down for some reason.
    Sad but I have already seen that with other characters so I can't say I'm surprised.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I know this storm fan is ready for the buffet. There will always be a reason to some why Storm shouldn't be this or do that and it seems it usually has nothing to do with her but how it makes them feel about their faves so it is what it is. Storm on the glow up she has always deserved.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-15-2024 at 11:30 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well if this thread and others are an indication then it's safe to say there are people out there who want to actively keep the character down for some reason.
    Sad but I have already seen that with other characters so I can't say I'm surprised.
    All you can ask for is the opportunity for your favorite character to be used. Once that happens you hope that they are being handled properly and consistently with their characters and powersets. And it helps to remember that there will be times in a team book setting that members will not always be used to full capacity but that each will get a moment to shine.

We all just hope that no one gets dogged out.

Mighty Member

I am a character guy. I value arcs that focus on growth. The only real critique I have is that Jed is to focused on events that drive the characters. Can someone, anyone explain why the Avengers should care about Kang's missing time? Why is Kang driving a plot where the Avengers feel like guest stars in their own book? Like everything they are facing has nothing to do with them but more about reacting to needing to protect him. I still don't even understand why they are doing that.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-15-2024 at 11:51 AM.