Page 150 of 176 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2634

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    First I would love for tchalla to be on his own and be successful. I donÂ’t disagree with you. I was basically saying storm is tchalla true love. That doesnÂ’t mean they have to be together. With that said

I believe tchalla is about to get revamped, hopefully for the good with new stories him being what he used to be. I think marvel with Chadwick dying messed up the whole character a lot of folks canÂ’t separate the character.
    I believe that, with a vanishingly small number of exceptions, both Marvel & DC are creatively bankrupt, driven more by a desire to grab a larger chunk of a rapidly-shrinking pie than any long-term storytelling.

It has happened before. People forget just how C-list T'Challa was before Priest took him to new heights. The only reason he got away with it is that Bob Harras DGAF.

(And the book STILL didn't sell.)

Redjack is right. The best work isn't being done by the Big Two, but by little guys plugging away in various corners of the Net.

Hell, I bet that only a handful of people here know that one of the (if not THE) longest-running indy books with the same creator since issue #1 was written & penciled by an African-American.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Wakanda is no longer the place it used to be at Marvel. It's just like every other fictional nation in the MU.
    I.E. Cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    These mutha f***ers were the ones talking all that isht to the recast crowd, and now they are surprised when what we said would happen happened? Huh, who would've thought that...
    Hey I’m just happy public opinion is turning in our favor at last. Now we see if Marvel wants to keep their heads up their asses.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    They changed it and based on the show writer response it wasn’t his Choice.
    We all know why it was changed and that reason is starting to upset me
    Wait Demayo has responded on this? What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    When someone asked why T’Chaka is BP in the show instead of T’Challa he said that he can’t speak on the decision. Which to me is code for “it’s a studio mandate”.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    When someone asked why T’Chaka is BP in the show instead of T’Challa he said that he can’t speak on the decision. Which to me is code for “it’s a studio mandate”.
    Its one of those "silence is defeaning" moments because he's been fairly candid with most other questions, but this one specific one he became non-commital.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That's my thought too. Though it could technically be that Marvel removed DeMayo from the project before that particular decision was made. Either way though, it feels like it would have come from the studio. Including T'Chaka as Black Panther here doesn't make any sense other than intentionally avoiding T'Challa.

Yup I found it and here's what he says, "I can't speak to this choice"

Luckily this bit is currently trending and people are making their dissatisfaction known

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    That's my thought too. Though it could technically be that Marvel removed DeMayo from the project before that particular decision was made. Either way though, it feels like it would have come from the studio. Including T'Chaka as Black Panther here doesn't make any sense other than intentionally avoiding T'Challa.
    Marvel has a rep for not making sense.

Hey robreedwrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel has a rep for not making sense.

Hey robreedwrites.
    Don't they though?

lol, hey Marvell2100.

Yup I found it and here's what he says, "I can't speak to this choice"

Luckily this bit is currently trending and people are making their dissatisfaction known
    It’s beautiful how Marvel is damn near universally getting roasted for this. Something has got to give at this point.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It’s beautiful how Marvel is damn near universally getting roasted for this. Something has got to give at this point.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=T%27Cha...ertical=trends

Fucking hilarious man

I am glad people aren't blaming X-Men 97 for it, instead rightfully targeting the company executives definitely responsible for this

This is some straight up bs!!!!

hold on....

X-Men 97 takes place in 1997, no?

That means the Black Panther at that time in the MCU was T'Chaka.

If they're saying this show is in the sacred timeline then that is why it's T'Chaka.

It might be a hint as to how they plan to fold X-Men into the MCU.

(Yes, I know it makes no sense since the MCU has no wide knowledge of super beings at the time of Iron Man but we do have the Secret Wars coming up and whatever the hell Kang Dynasty is now.)

Amazing Member

Cheryl Lynn Eaton, the writer for Black Panther: Blood Hunt has a theory that ultimately the MCU wants exclusivity over the fanfare of bringing back T'Challa in any medium that's not comics, so they're actively preventing him from being depicted. This makes sense to me and I suspect is true.
    I know T'Challa exists in Marvel Rivals but that's an arena game so maybe it doesn't qualify under Marvel's mandate. Regardless, I think it's very clear that this decision comes from up top. I also think if this is true, the likelihood of that Cliffhanger Black Panther game being T'Challa is about nill, unless the goal is for it to release around the same time T'Challa is brought back in the MCU (I doubt they'll have this level of coordination between the two mediums).

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/...lBHEq7KVg&s=19