Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    One thing that could happen spoilers:
    Deathbit as new sun has time control and could bring everyone back together from time. Pretty sure he went bavk in time during Fabians run but dont recall of it was his powers
    end of spoilers
    New Sun had some influence in time travel but he was not capable of it. He tried to use his powers to undo the whole event that made him New Sun but it ended up with him traveling across the multiverse. What Gambit could do was travel into the future. So it's a one way trip.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    New Sun had some influence in time travel but he was not capable of it. He tried to use his powers to undo the whole event that made him New Sun but it ended up with him traveling across the multiverse. What Gambit could do was travel into the future. So it's a one way trip.
    But Gambit as The Witness could pop in and out of time as he saw fit

(I refuse to buy the retcon that Gambit isn’t The Witness because they met — The Witness fucking time travels, he could meet his younger self gd)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    But Gambit as The Witness could pop in and out of time as he saw fit

(I refuse to buy the retcon that Gambit isn’t The Witness because they met — The Witness fucking time travels, he could meet his younger self gd)
    We don't know what Witness's powers are. He has never demonstrated anything on the level of New Sun. Perhaps Witness is an alternative reality Gambit whose New Sun powers morphed into something involving timelines.

I don't think DeMayo cares enough about Gambit to give him any plot more complex than spoilers:
    Deathbit + Romy angst.
    end of spoilers
    Sorry, my bitterness is coming through, lol.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I don't think DeMayo cares enough about Gambit to give him any plot more complex than spoilers:
    Deathbit + Romy angst.
    end of spoilers
    The glowing pink globe prior to the towering imagine of Deathbit in Xavier’s vision makes me stupidly hopeful we’ll get some New Sun power level set.

…where’d I put that clown meme?

Fantastic Member

Deathbit + Romy angst.
    end of spoilers
    It's a TV show, that's complex enough. It's not like this is the Anna and Remy show, so we aren't going to get any deep analysis and development about their relationship. They can barely do that right in the comics. Look at the last Rogue and Gambit mini. Would you rather they animate that?

Never said they would get any development, just angst.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

Beau saying Gambit dying was always the plan now. Guess who do you believe is telling the truth him or Jake

BANNED

I did like the tease in the end credits. It's strange that I'm looking forward to spoilers:
    Deathbit,
    end of spoilers
    because I never liked that storyline. Maybe I'm naively hoping that it'll be done properly? Ugh. I think I'm just giving myself hope just to be annoyed by it in the end.

I bought more X-Men graphic tees in the last month than the entirety of my life before this series. It's like I can't stop? LOL
    I never liked it either. I'm seeing online now that most Gambit fans never liked it but everyone needs it now just for him to come back.

Blood of Apocalypse was not a good storyline but I dont think people need to worry about that bc they aren't adapting that here. Like the rest it will take bits and pieces of different stories to tell something original. In addition to that we have Adventures of yclops and Phoenix, Apocalypse Wars and The Rise of Apocalypse all teased. How this will all come together will be interesting but Gambit's role as Death is just one element that will be utilized. That was never a bad concept though; the execution however was

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I never liked it either. I'm seeing online now that most Gambit fans never liked it but everyone needs it now just for him to come back.
    Most fans don't like how it happened. The Death thing itself? I think we're more neutral. I personally love it because he gets a new power set every time he manifests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Most fans don't like how it happened. The Death thing itself? I think we're more neutral. I personally love it because he gets a new power set every time he manifests.
    It was a matter of many elements. He did nothing that mattered as Death, no menace. He strangled Rogue so she would go to Pulse.
    It was the same with Polaris, it was no real impact for her as famine.

The design was bad. Very uninspired. He looked like a drow elf in a coat, or a slipknot t-shirt away from going to a concert. I remember thinking it should have been pale white skin and black hair instead, like Sinister.

His powers had nothing to do with him or any impact at all. Other horsemen have their powers modified, he got new ones that he couldn’t use as death because it would have killed people. Releasing gas inside of a persons lungs, you got to be Vapor of the U-foes and fighting the Hulk to get away with that.

All in all it felt like both Milligan and Larroca was phoning it in at this stage, possible doing it for the laughs(Milligan) or purely money(Larroca).

I was weirdly more letdown with Polaris in the Blood of Apocalypse than Gambit. Gambit made a bunch of stupid choices but he at least was present in the storyline. Polaris showed up in a metal suit with, what, an issue to go and… nothing. Based on that single scene with Gambit, Polaris & Sunfire in X-Factor, I wish PAD would have written the BoA storyline instead of Milligan. Like, probably anyone else. Chuck Austen would have made Polaris extra af but she would have at least existed somewhat in the plot.

If X-Men 97 Deathbit has fart powers, I’m going to scream. (…how even do fart powers work in tight leather pants??). It’s a low loooooow bar that DeMayo would have to trip over to not improve on Deathbit from the comics so fingers crossed. I’m optimistic but a little wary.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I was weirdly more letdown with Polaris in the Blood of Apocalypse than Gambit. Gambit made a bunch of stupid choices but he at least was present in the storyline. Polaris showed up in a metal suit with, what, an issue to go and… nothing. Based on that single scene with Gambit, Polaris & Sunfire in X-Factor, I wish PAD would have written the BoA storyline instead of Milligan. Like, probably anyone else. Chuck Austen would have made Polaris extra af but she would have at least existed somewhat in the plot.

If X-Men 97 Deathbit has fart powers, I’m going to scream. (…how even do fart powers work in tight leather pants??). It’s a low loooooow bar that DeMayo would have to trip over to not improve on Deathbit from the comics so fingers crossed. I’m optimistic but a little wary.
    Deathbit always had potential, ep 5 showed me enough proof that they can utilize his powers in a creative way. They've already improved it by resurrecting him rather than having him approach Apocalypse to "keep an eye on him". So they're already off to a better start

There's a buzz over at Twitter, people seem really excited, which I'm happy the hear, maybe because they didn't expect it. For me personally I would've liked him to return whole by season's end, but you know what? Our boy is back for next season, that's the important thing, so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Deathbit always had potential, ep 5 showed me enough proof that they can utilize his powers in a creative way. They've already improved it by resurrecting him rather than having him approach Apocalypse to "keep an eye on him". So they're already off to a better start

There's a buzz over at Twitter, people seem really excited, which I'm happy the hear, maybe because they didn't expect it. For me personally I would've liked him to return whole by season's end, but you know what? Our boy is back for next season, that's the important thing, so I'll take it.
    I agree. Better Deathbit than nothing in S2.