Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Forge will be applying his mutant powers to all sorts of things over the course of this run. Suits will be the least of it.
    That great I can’t wait to see what you and Forge cook up together!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Question of the day hmmm
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-16-2024 at 07:40 AM.

Are you going to be using any former members of the Acolytes or Brotherhood?

I'm surprised that I didn't pick up on this earlier but you have a penchant for writing characters that are builders or engineers, John Stewart, Hobie Brown and T'Challa to name a few. Now we have Forge. Is this part of what what inspired your pitch for X-Force and do you have a background in engineering?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm surprised that I didn't pick up on this earlier but you have a penchant for writing characters that are builders or engineers, John Stewart, Hobie Brown and T'Challa to name a few. Now we have Forge. Is this part of what what inspired your pitch for X-Force and do you have a background in engineering?
    There’s a lot to unpack there.

I love science in general and physics in particular. I try to include as much real science in my comics where possible. Often the inclusions are invisible to anyone but me but it makes me happy to do it.

They used to add real science facts at the ends of THE FLASH (Flash Facts) and I always loved that. It was part of the fun.

My first heroes were swashbucklers. Robin Hood, the musketeers, Cyrano and the like. Tricksters like Raven, Anansi and Prometheus and builders like Odysseus, Daedalus and Hephaestus. My favorite of the Endless is Destruction. It makes some sense that I’d gravitate to heroes who combine those loves.

But it’s probably just a coincidence. I’ve pitched between 20 and 30 stories to DC and Marvel. All you get to see are the ones they accept. As to that, I didn’t pitch X Force. I pitched a story about Forge and some pals havng weird adventures. Tom determined it should be X Force.
    Last edited by Redjack; 05-16-2024 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Are you going to be using any former members of the Acolytes or Brotherhood?
    I’m going to do my level best not to.

Which character do you think people will talk about the most or like?
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-16-2024 at 08:41 AM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

What are the changes from the pitch , that you can talk about ?

Quote Originally Posted by HOXOR View Post
    Which character do you think people will talk about the most or like?
    Probably Tank, judging by current interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    What are the changes from the pitch , that you can talk about ?
    Less Vertigo, more Image.

Oh, I'd have liked a Vertigo vibe.
    But I'm still really intrigued by this book. The cast has definitely grown on me now that we know Deadpool is just a guest star.

I love science in general and physics in particular. I try to include as much real science in my comics where possible. Often the inclusions are invisible to anyone but me but it makes me happy to do it.

They used to add real science facts at the ends of THE FLASH (Flash Facts) and I always loved that. It was part of the fun.

My first heroes were swashbucklers. Robin Hood, the musketeers, Cyrano and the like. Tricksters like Raven, Anansi and Prometheus and builders like Odysseus, Daedalus and Hephaestus. My favorite of the Endless is Destruction. It makes some sense that I’d gravitate to heroes who combine those loves.

But it’s probably just a coincidence. I’ve pitched between 20 and 30 stories to DC and Marvel. All you get to see are the ones they accept. As to that, I didn’t pitch X Force. I pitched a story about Forge and some pals havng weird adventures. Tom determined it should be X Force.
    I'll look to see if I can find these while reading the book.

That's interesting since Hephaestus was the inspiration for Forge (Claremont used to use a lot of literary inspirations). That's the reason why in his original appearance Forge had a cane (a clever reference to Hephaestus lame leg) although that was quickly dropped.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I must say a Vertigo influenced X team would have been quite interesting with you at the helm.

Also, of all the books announced and their premise so far...this one has me the most intrigued. I wasn't crazy about the line up at first and how it would translate into what X-Force has come to be known as, but now knowing the basics behind what's going on...that Forge put the team together for a reason...I am very intrigued.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I must say a Vertigo influenced X team would have been quite interesting with you at the helm.

Also, of all the books announced and their premise so far...this one has me the most intrigued. I wasn't crazy about the line up at first and how it would translate into what X-Force has come to be known as, but now knowing the basics behind what's going on...that Forge put the team together for a reason...I am very intrigued.
    well, thanks.

let us cook and see if you like the meal. I'm thinking most folks will.

well, thanks.

let us cook and see if you like the meal. I'm thinking most folks will.
    Give me something different from the usual spandex soap opera, and you'll have my coin.