Page 153 of 176 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2633

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To be fair, TNC had to have 3 interviews before he actually said what he LIKED about T'Challa, as the first two he went on and on about what he didn't like or what didn't make sense to him (like how T'Challa could be surrounded by the DM and NOT take advantage) but yeah, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words
    Coates so woke that he cant imagine a black man not raping his bodyguards

awww memories. When half this thread (that was bigger then) went, "wait... oh no..."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To be fair, TNC had to have 3 interviews before he actually said what he LIKED about T'Challa, as the first two he went on and on about what he didn't like or what didn't make sense to him (like how T'Challa could be surrounded by the DM and NOT take advantage) but yeah, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words
    I don't know what's worse about Coates, his cynicism or lack of imagination. Maybe T'Challa just isn't the kind of guy who messes around with his servants. Yeah he's a king, but he's not Henry the 8th. I remember him going on about how he wanted to "subvert black male machismo" as if T'Challa needed to be taken down a peg when the most "toxically masculine" characters marvel has are wolverine and the punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates so woke that he cant imagine a black man not raping his bodyguards

awww memories. When half this thread (that was bigger then) went, "wait... oh no..."
    Yeah, he had so many red flags proudly displayed and a lot of folks here were calling that isht out I (stupidly) thought "Well maybe I'll give him a chance, Priest didn't care for T'Challa when he got The book and he wrote THE definitive BP run" now when I think back I have to facepalm at my own idiotic thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't know what's worse about Coates, his cynicism or lack of imagination. Maybe T'Challa just isn't the kind of guy who messes around with his servants. Yeah he's a king, but he's not Henry the 8th. I remember him going on about how he wanted to "subvert black male machismo" as if T'Challa needed to be taken down a peg when the most "toxically masculine" characters marvel has are wolverine and the punisher.
    The one that gets me the most is when he said along the lines of "T'Challa is always written as being 'awesome awesome awesome ' and I want to explore the times when he isn't always the best" or some isht like that and I was thinking "Ummm, why shouldn't he be written as such? He can be awesome and still lose" Coates took that awesome awesome awesome and made T'Challa Ishtty Ishtty Ishtty instead and never let up.

They finally confirmed peoples' worst fears. That they'll randomly just use another Black Panther, even T'Challa's dead dad, over actually using him in another piece of media.

Like, his design was obviously meant to evoke Keith David's Black Panther in the 90's FF cartoon...and then suddenly he's T'Chaka. Like, it would be one thing if they didn't get Keith David back for a cameo, but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean I dig this suit.

Much more than the gold.

This one is fresh and stands out. I wouldn't mind it sticking around regardless of the run its from.
    It's a little busy and overdesigned for my tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why would anyone care about setting up a Black Panther thing in an X-Men show?

None of this makes sense. Its like I want the Leader and Red Hulk to show up just because they are going to be in Cap 4.
    It reminds me of how the Loeb era Marvel cartoons were so stuck on movie synergy, they would only really promote or focus on the characters that were in the movies or had movies coming out and would shove movie stuff down your throat.
    X men are big right now and they're only going to get bigger.

Theres an animated wakanda series in active development that will be out sooner than later. And will probably involve tchaka.

Theres also a video game coming that will def involve tchaka with cap.

Cross promotion.

The future mcu bits are a bonus.
    I just don't see the sense in promoting T'Chaka, Mr. "Dead Black Panther guy," over the main Black Panther. There was no reason this could not have been T'Challa when it's just a cameo. It's like saying T'Chaka should be the de-facto Black Panther.

X men are big right now and they're only going to get bigger.

Theres an animated wakanda series in active development that will be out sooner than later. And will probably involve tchaka.

Theres also a video game coming that will def involve tchaka with cap.

Cross promotion.

The future mcu bits are a bonus.
    If you knew anything about the source material you’d know that Azzuri is the one who fights alongside cap in WW2. Not T’Chaka.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 05-16-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

Azzuri was the retcon it was originally T'Challa.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Wait, i thought it was Azzuri in that WW2 game and not T'Chaka....

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wait, i thought it was Azzuri in that WW2 game and not T'Chaka....
    It is.
    Whole continuity is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Azzuri was the retcon it was originally T'Challa.
    No, it was first T'Chaka (according to Priest), then retconned to Azzuri, because when the story was first written, it was still feasible that T'Chaka was active in WW2.

(There was also a guy named Chanda in one issue of Fantastic Four Unlimited, but that story doesn't fit ANY existing continuity and can be disregarded.

Amazing Member

CRUCIFIXION AIN'T NO FICTION...

Introduced during the African Independence and Civil Rights movements the Black Panther has traversed the Black Power movement, followed by the Afrocentric and Multicultural movements and now endures the era of Wokeism, inclusive of BLM, LGBTQ and the A.G.E.N.D.A. With few exceptions, what is most clearly demonstrated by the writers and editors at Marvel, is their inability to interpret T'Challa the Black Panther's and Wakanda's unique outlook on such social events.

APOLOGIES MADE TO WHOMEVER IT PLEASES...

Colonizers, Nazis, KKK, racism, Apartheid, slavery, privilege, feminism and genderism all had to be sewn callously into the tapestry of the Black Panther. I'd argue this was done more consistently with T'Challa the Black Panther than any other Marvel character of color. Why? Because he's black? Because he's Afrakan? Because he's a male? Because he's heterosexual? Why? Because he's a king, a genius, a strategist, a martial artist... a super hero?

Why is T'Challa the Black Panther being his authentic self such a threat or turn off to Marvel editorial and writers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I feel like this lady might surprise us.
    Sounds more qualified than Eve and recent tweets are interesting in how she views T'Challa's importance
    Maybe.

If MacKay wanted to surprise us he could have written the Black Panther and American Falcon both escaping by utilizing T'Challa's personal teleportation device as seen in Hickman's New Avengers #1. Cheryl Lynn Eaton would surprise me if she wrote T'Challa having a latent resistance to vampirism due to the heart shaped herb or if he simply cures himself; and prevents Wakanda from being infiltrated and infested with vampires (something akin to what Doom did for Latveria). I don't plan on being surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Cheryl Lynn Eaton would surprise me if she wrote T'Challa having a latent resistance to vampirism due to the heart shaped herb or if he simply cures himself; and prevents Wakanda from being infiltrated and infested with vampires (something akin to what Doom did for Latveria). I don't plan on being surprised. [/B]
    I'm going to make a prediction here, but I won't say why just yet. If I end up being right, I'll explain my reasoning in the future:

spoilers:
    Either Shuri or Ikoko will cure T'Challa.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    In Coates' defense, he wasn't writing those characters and he likely wouldn't have had anything positive to say about them. And Marvel has been taking down the Punisher a peg or two for quite some time now. He's not even appearing in current comics.

Didn't T'Challa develop potential cures for vampirism during Aaron's vampire arc in the Avengers? I remember he had a bunch of them installed in his suit and tried to cure that Japanese vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction here, but I won't say why just yet. If I end up being right, I'll explain my reasoning in the future:

spoilers:
    Either Shuri or Ikoko will cure T'Challa.
    end of spoilers
    Really? I thought spoilers:
    ...that they would use this as an opportunity to bring back Bast and have them cure him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Didn't T'Challa develop potential cures for vampirism during Aaron's vampire arc in the Avengers? I remember he had a bunch of them installed in his suit and tried to cure that Japanese vampire.
    Yeah, I think he said something along the lines he could help her and that he was working on multiple cures.