Page 148 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3023
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Just moments after Scott and Jean's minds returned to their bodies after spending twelve years in the future:

Also I kinda liked Scott's costumes in this story but the helmet was weird:
    I enjoyed that series. It had some wonderful art by Liam Sharpe Too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed and it was a genius way to do it. Anyways, Scott and Jean always read older to me anyway. In the 60s when they were supposed to be college aged, they came across as 30 year olds...lol
    That even gets called out in Champions where the rest of the team thinks Scott acts like he's 30. In both cases (Scott AND Jean) I think it's the role they have on the team that explains part of it. Scott is the leader, and that responsibility forces one to be the adult in the room more often than not. In addition, it's not like Scott has much of a childhood to begin with. In Jean's case, it's probably due to the sexism of the era she was created in - the one female character on the team gets to be team mom whether the role fits or not. In addition, she is connected to the team leader, and some of that rubs off onto her characterization - as well as her aspects doing the same for Scott, each reinforcing the other. It doesn't help that Bobby was already the jokester, Warren was the angsty teen, and Hank split his time between the two when he wasn't busy being the smart one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This bust sculpture of Scott is amazing. Kind of with there were more remnants of the visor intact in the blast effect...

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-16-2024 at 09:19 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Logan has banged the entire planet lmao. I remember him and Black Cat used to be a thing in those two Claws mini series.
    Oddly enough when he was Old Man Logan/The Hooded Man in Mark Millar’s Fantastic Four run, he literally did bang the planet. In that he banged Gaea. LOL. It was ridiculous.

So technically Logan has banged the planet, quite literally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...I never understood those costumes and why Scott and Jean were in them but I liked them
    Would've been cool to see them in these costumes for a longer time

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I kinda hate to say that myself, but I think Marvel is running out of women Logan hasn't had sex with, and he's mentored most of those.
    The first X-Men comic book I read in my life was Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's four issue Wolverine mini series of the 80s. Since then Mariko has become my favorite Logan love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I enjoyed that series. It had some wonderful art by Liam Sharpe Too.
    Liam Sharp is great. His art on Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman and Grant Morrison's Green Lantern is otherworldly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oddly enough when he was Old Man Logan/The Hooded Man in Mark Millar’s Fantastic Four run, he literally did bang the planet. In that he banged Gaea. LOL. It was ridiculous.

So technically Logan has banged the planet, quite literally.
    Not even mother nature herself is safe from Logan

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I think I understood that reference. It's Naruto trying to appeal to Obito Uchiha's humanity right?

The first X-Men comic book I read in my life was Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's four issue Wolverine mini series of the 80s. Since then Mariko has become my favorite Logan love interest.
    I like her myself, and it also gives a nice antagonist in the Silver Samurai. I think he is a great reflection of Logan. Wolverine has a strict code of honor, even if most people get pissed off at it and him, and Silver Samurai twists honor into something disgusting. What a perfect, twisted reflection he is, and that makes for an epic villain when used right.

Which angers me so much that Marvel dropped the ball with Charles Xavier Jr. He was a perfect twisted reflection of Scott - the adopted son vs the birth son. The guy who is trying to once again live up to being Heir to the Dream vs the guy trying to become Heir to the Nightmare. The leader who people will follow into Hell and back of their own free will vs the leader who needs to subvert free will in order to have any followers at all. It could have been great, but Bendis always comes up with great ideas and flails around on the follow through
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I like her myself, and it also gives a nice antagonist in the Silver Samurai. I think he is a great reflection of Logan. Wolverine has a strict code of honor, even if most people get pissed off at it and him, and Silver Samurai twists honor into something disgusting. What a perfect, twisted reflection he is, and that makes for an epic villain when used right.

Which angers me so much that Marvel dropped the ball with Charles Xavier Jr. He was a perfect twisted reflection of Scott - the adopted son vs the birth son. The guy who is trying to once again live up to being Heir to the Dream vs the guy trying to become Heir to the Nightmare. The leader who people will follow into Hell and back of their own free will vs the leader who needs to subvert free will in order to have any followers at all. It could have been great, but Bendis always comes up with great ideas and flails around on the follow through
    That's the one thing I've always hated about Bendis. Great idea guy, but his incredible lack of follow-through drives me up the damn wall.

Amazing Member

you all probably saw this article from CRB but this line about Cyclops gives great hope for what the new creatives are going to do. In description and comparison, they know who and what Scott is....

"Cyclops is his people's greatest protector, and this book looks to reposition him as such. Cyclops is the Captain America of the mutant race, and that means one thing - to fight for his people when no one else will."

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    you all probably saw this article from CRB but this line about Cyclops gives great hope for what the new creatives are going to do. In description and comparison, they know who and what Scott is....

"Cyclops is his people's greatest protector, and this book looks to reposition him as such. Cyclops is the Captain America of the mutant race, and that means one thing - to fight for his people when no one else will."
    That's just an opinion from the guy who wrote the article, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    That's just an opinion from the guy who wrote the article, right?
    Yes, the creative teams of the first 3 books aren't talking that much, Gail Simone answered some questions from fans, bu Jed and Eve Ewing are quiet.