Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Considering how Damian was the one to witness Alfred's death (and as has been explained many times by people who actually read City of Bane, it was not Damian's fault at all, he was doing what Bruce asked him to do and Alfred had lied about getting away when he didn't) I'm a bit suprised it took this long to have Damian face Bane.

Damian was the one who had to watch Alfred get his neck snapped. Yet they let Bruce have traumatic visions about that before Damian. They let characters blame Damian for Alfred's death with nobody truly correcting these characters or apologize to Damian for blaming him, a boy who was only 13 at the time and just lost the first person who took his side in the batfamily. Jason blaming Damian was bad, then Bruce couldn't get off his ass even after Barbara told him to do so to comfort Damian and then Tim just went "Anyway, here is my story about Alfred". And nobody ever truly adresses just how much they failed Damian afterwards. Even the apologies from Bruce never truly hit the mark on what went wrong. The other characters weren't even made to apologize.

Some Tim Drake fans are still pissed because of Damian becoming Robin, but the lack of respect Damian has been treated with?
    I don't want Damian to kill him, but let him beat Bane's ass.
    He deserves it.
    The lack of respect and the dislike DC has for Damian is clear as day but what makes the situation so frustrating is when some fans observing all this act like it doesn't happen or that DC favours Damian over Tim/Dc neglects Tim.

Every comic fan can recognise when a character is been shafted because it's been done to every character at some point so we've all experienced it.

It's so annoying coming across fan made content that doubles down on the falsehood that Damian breaking the rules was the reason Alfred died.
    All because they saw that panel of Jason accusing Damian and took that as truth. Hate it so much especially when the hate fic/video has tons of views.

It's been hard going for Damian but the good balances out the bad. The runways has never been clear for Damian but he was still able to take off and keeps soaring higher and higher even while they still trying to shoot him down.

August is looking good.

Considering just how much some writers are trying to ruin him it's kind of amazing how well Damian is still doing.
    I just wish writers would let him have his time as Robin in peace instead of constantly obviously sabotaging him.
    They aren't even trying to be subtle.

Sorry for the rant, but seeing Tim fans still be so whiny about things that happened over a decade ago while Damian got treated much worse and with way less sympathy than Tim pisses me off.
    Where are the 10000 fanfictions that twist canon to make Damian even more of a victim about what DC did to him until many people believe things happened in a way they never did?
    And why some Jason fans feel the need to get involved is even more strange to me.
    Jason and Damian both get treated with a lack of respect by DC. Damian is being written as the "bad Robin" while Tim gets to be the perfect Robin to Bruce by Zdarsky right now. With zero respect for the fact that Damian is Robin and that he currently has a book with Bruce.
    Jason has also been insulted or blamed for his death in favor of Tim many times too.
    What is the point of getting angry at Damian as a Jason fan?
    When was Jason recently made look bad to push Damian?
    Get mad a Tim fanboy writers instead. They are the ones trying to tear everyone down because they have no clue how to make Tim an enganging character.
    I assume you mean villain here.

Yeah it's annoying. Human beings are strange. With casuals, we can blame the power of crackships for why jason fans love Tim so much.
    Damian well I guess they must just find him annoying or dislike the fact that Jason lost to Damian a couple of times.

Considering just how much some writers are trying to ruin him it's kind of amazing how well Damian is still doing.
    I just wish writers would let him have his time as Robin in peace instead of constantly obviously sabotaging him.
    They aren't even trying to be subtle.

You would think they'd give up because it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I assume you mean villain here.

Yeah it's annoying. Human beings are strange. With casuals, we can blame the power of crackships for why jason fans love Tim so much.
    Damian well I guess they must just find him annoying or dislike the fact that Jason lost to Damian a couple of times.
    I actually saw more fanfics/posts trying to get drama out of blaming Damian than anyone trying to use what actually went down.
    People keep trying to feel bad and invent stuff just to keep crying about things that happened over a decade ago.
    While a traumatized kid who ACTUALLY got ignored and blamed in the story is right there. Tim got told he was loved and wanted several times. Damian's situation didn't even get noticed.
    "Oh I just didn't notice."
    Great Bruce, you are his sole caretaker. It's your job to notice. If you were a mom people would never forgive you.

You would think they'd give up because it isn't working.
    I really don't get it at this point. As far as we know puttting others down to push Tim doesn't seem to work.There is a reason why people keep asking what is next for Tim despite them trying to reastablish him as Robin. Almost nobody thinks there is much of a future for him in that position. It's just nostalgia and an attempt to keep the character around. Which would be fine if they could just stop insulting all other Robins. Like seriously, Tim being called better than Dick? Dick invented the role.

Oh also I meant to write Tim when it came to the victim thing.

I really don't get it at this point. As far as we know puttting others down to push Tim doesn't seem to work.There is a reason why people keep asking what is next for Tim despite them trying to reastablish him as Robin. Almost nobody thinks there is much of a future for him in that position. It's just nostalgia and an attempt to keep the character around. Which would be fine if they could just stop insulting all other Robins. Like seriously, Tim being called better than Dick? Dick invented the role.
    It's a selfish entitlement ego thing.

Rather than doing what is best for the character they write what they want Tim to be.
    They keep trying to get back to the good old days via short cuts without acknowledging the changed reality of how things are.

There's also the issue that Tim was meant to be an insert character for teens and yet they keep trying to write him as a power fantasy in a franchise where he has Batman as a character.

Tim is the Tofu of Robins.
    Tofu
    Often described as reminiscent of soya beans, or slightly sour or nutty. The fact it's stored in water further dilutes its subtle flavour. Tofu's high water percentage gives it its spongy, absorbent properties, which means it easily absorbs the flavour of sauces it's cooked or served with.

He's easy to overwrite. The ideal insert character which is why he lends so well to fan fic. He can be anything and everything. An for a lot he can serve as a therapy character to work through their issues, fantatises and even truma.

I'm sure that the reason why it's so important for some that be acknowledged as a victim of abusive/neglectful parents is due to them being latchkey kids themselves.

Same with why Fics where Tim gets back at Dick for picking "Damian over him"

gets back at the bats for "neglecting him"

Dick's gets humiliated and ostracized for "treating Tim badly/taking robin from him and/or kicking him out of Wayne Manor"

Dick comes grovelling back to Tim afterwards for picking Damian

The Bats regret Tim being so sad and not being more helpful during RR"
    and other such BS prompts

are so prevalent in fan made Tim content.

He's a great vehicle for working out personal angst.

While the being like Tofu lends itself well to fan fics and commissioned prompts it doesn't work in comics today because comics are personalised.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-19-2024 at 08:36 AM.

It's been out for a while but just caught Merry little Batman on Prime and it's one of the best DC animated movies to date.

Pleasantly surprised. I would say that this movie was way better than it had any reason to be but looking at the creative team behind it, it makes sense why it was so good.

Loved this version of the character and the st Trinians art style which I was previously on the fence about turned out to not be an issue at all when I finally sat down to watch the film.

A funny heartwarming and clever festive movie.

Bring on the spin off series.
    Loved the movie.
    Wish it had been released to theatres.

the soundtrack was way better than it had any reason to be

August going to be a big month for Damian fans. Lots of content and it all sounds promising.
    All the story ideas interest me.

Damian and Diana - The comic I'm most interested in. This could be gold.

Damian coming face to face with Bane - I hope Damian brakes some of his limbs

Damian's pets - It's been too long

A positive Damian and Talia story [I hope]

Damian and Ollie- a criminally underrated duo. Loved them in Gotham Resistance. Hope this continues Ollies' surrogate parent role we got in the GR tie ins.
    Agreed
    August is looking good for Damian.

Was wondering if any of you guys keep up with Williamson's Substack?

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.com/

Extraordinary Member

This cover is awesome
    IMG_8689.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Was wondering if any of you guys keep up with Williamson's Substack?

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.com/
    No but I should

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    No but I should
    Yeah, it clues fans in on behind the scenes tidbits like, DC didn't want Williamson including the panels below of the mange Damian was reading

There's also stuff pages of the Robin 2021 pitch he drafted for DC.

His motivations and what draws him to Damian etc
    I'm still working my way through it.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-19-2024 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This cover is awesome
    IMG_8689.jpg
    Love the anime action fighting shots.