View Poll Results: Which 3 dead characters should be resurrected as Horsemen?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madelyne Pryor

23 38.33%
  • Banshee

37 61.67%
  • Marrow

13 21.67%
  • Dazzler

25 41.67%
  • Sebastian Shaw

20 33.33%
  • Moira MacTaggert

5 8.33%
  • Squidboy

2 3.33%
  • Callisto

17 28.33%
  • Leech

16 26.67%
  • a lesser known Morlock (e.g. Tommy, Erg, Ape)

5 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well.. look at the (in publication order) first Horsemen.

Angel: recruited because he'd been brutally maimed and left for dead.
    Abraham Keiros: crippled and had no hope that medicine would cure his ailments.
    Autumn Rolfson was a bullied kid whose neighbors hated her for her detrimental powers.
    Plague.... was mauled by Sabretooth in the same incident that left Angel dying.
    I think those all kind of made sense, since Angel and Plague survived the Morlock Massacre which proved them "fit", Autumn overcame her parents' domineering ways, and Abraham survived the Vietnam War. They all overcame something. None of the mutants who died on Genosha really did, besides Gambit.

Either way, I hope we see Plague, Autumn, and Abraham return alongside Gambit as War. I doubt it'll happen, but they're still likely under Apocalypse's influence in '97. Even the Horsemen he used in Beyond Good and Evil were basically versions of Plague, Autumn, and Abraham design-wise.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The idea of Leech being revealed as Horseman, brings back memories to the "The Twelve" storyline where it was eventualy revealed that Apocalypse wasn't actualy that big imposing looking figure, but actualy a frail old man wrapped in a artifical skin made of his celestial tech.
    I think we would like to see Leech as a Horseman, it's always unsettling to see children like that. His powers as a Horseman would be insane, provided his powers as Horseman tie to natural powers. And Leech villain working with Gambit haunting Magneto for "letting him die " would be fun.

I just hope the Horsemen aren't Gambit and 3 nobodies in the show like Callisto Angel and Shaw. I want the team to be people who had at least a story in season 1. Leech would be great

They can't do that with Apoc. They already made Sinister a boring villain in my eyes after seeing his frail form. Hopefully they just used it for Sinister as a substitute..
    Last edited by Gripstir; 05-19-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Gambit= Death
    Callisto= War
    Madelyne Pryor= Pestilence
    Leech= Famine

I would place Banshee on the list. He was a horseman for Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run. But I don't know if there is anything left of him from Remember It. Pretty sure his whole body was vaporized.

BANNED

Leech's death really upset me so I'd be fine with him coming back as a horseman if it meant he could live again and be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Is she actually confirmed as planning dazzler, or is it popular speculation? (I honestly don’t know)
    It's not 100% confirmed yet but it seems highly likely based on Dazzler getting her own miniseries, her original series being reprinted as an omnibus in a few months, and Taylor's hint at playing Dazzler.

You probably are going to see

Sunfire
    Polaris
    Gambit

But Wolverine is also an option

Astonishing Member

Well, the Wolverine was War people have convinced me, Gambit, Death, Wolverine, War. Leech as a horseman is completely demented, so sure! Leech as, Famine I guess. And Polaris as Pestilence, because it would be hilarious if she was on Genosha and magneto didn’t even know because he was too busy creeping on Rogue. She would actually have to say something to that effect though. ‘You didn’t notice me there, Dad?’ And Morph would have to see, Geez, you got another kid? How much of Genosha’s budget is going to child support?’ ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think those all kind of made sense, since Angel and Plague survived the Morlock Massacre which proved them "fit", Autumn overcame her parents' domineering ways, and Abraham survived the Vietnam War. They all overcame something. None of the mutants who died on Genosha really did, besides Gambit.

Either way, I hope we see Plague, Autumn, and Abraham return alongside Gambit as War. I doubt it'll happen, but they're still likely under Apocalypse's influence in '97. Even the Horsemen he used in Beyond Good and Evil were basically versions of Plague, Autumn, and Abraham design-wise.
    Oh yeah, the theme with the Horsemen is always adversity related.

So in this case... if these 4 Mutants somehow survived the Genosha massacre... that'd be on the level of the Morlock massacre and how Angel and Plague got picked specifically because they survived that.

DID Gambit actually DIE? We saw a massive explosion..... but... while it's cinematic... it's also ambiguous. Same with Tommy and Magneto.... The big Sentinel made a big boom... did it actually kill them though? We know Magneto lived.... unless what we think is Magneto is actually Joseph.... I mean.. Maddie showed up already.

Astonishing Member

Marrow would be a rather weird choice, given that she is generaly not regarded as particular powerfull character by most writers, has no precedent in the comics of being chosen as horseman and she didn't have any previous appearance or even characterization in the show before being vaporized seemingly at random.

Infact, as mentioned in the past, that brief glimpse we had about her in the show somewhat implies she is missing most of her characterization from the comics aswell.

Everyone else mentioned in the list either had an appearance or even speaking line beforehand. Which would actualy provide a bit of impact on the viewer if they are suddently revealed as having been turned into brainwashed augmented henchmen of the roided up monster clown.
    Whereas Marrow is theoretically a complete unknown ot the old and new viewership and would just be a random, nameless, voiceless character to suddently be in that role with no impact what so ever.

Which would just increase the likelyhood of being one of the throwaway horseman (either underperforming or die in the first story they appear in), at which point one could wonder why they bothered to divert the character so much from the source material in first place when they have plenty of throwaway horsemen from the comics to chose from instead?

IMG_0858.jpg

Well, I tried to find any instances of famine, hunger, something indicating who that Horseman might be, and the only ones I could think of were Mojo who was literally starved for ratings and maybe Sinister, who was an emaciated husk right before he ran off screen, crying.

Can’t think of anything having to do with Pestilence other than the rats.

And I was wrong about Wolvie saying he couldn’t recall OZT from his ‘war days’. He actually said ‘spy days.’ But it was Guido who told Roberto to bulk up, ‘war is coming.’

I think Apocalyse will need the bodies to have his horsemen. DeMayo was adamant on twitter that Madelyne was desintegrated. Bodies we saw: Gambit, Dazzler, Shaw, Callisto. I can't remember if we see Banshee and Marrow falling down or simply vanishing.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 05-20-2024 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0858.jpg

Well, I tried to find any instances of famine, hunger, something indicating who that Horseman might be, and the only ones I could think of were Mojo who was literally starved for ratings and maybe Sinister, who was an emaciated husk right before he ran off screen, crying.

Can’t think of anything having to do with Pestilence other than the rats.

And I was wrong about Wolvie saying he couldn’t recall OZT from his ‘war days’. He actually said ‘spy days.’ But it was Guido who told Roberto to bulk up, ‘war is coming.’
    Logan also said, “Been in a lot of wars, bub” to Magneto.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Gambit is the only one who makes sense to be resurrected. Otherwise, why call him "death" specifically? They should all be "deaths".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think Apocalyse will need the bodies to have his horsemen. DeMayo was adamant on twitter that Madelyne was desintegrated. Bodies we saw: Gambit, Dazzler, Shaw, Callisto. I can't remember if we see Banshee and Marrow falling down or simply vanishing.
    The green mouth beam of the tri-sentinel had the general characteristic of a "death ray" kind of weapon, where everything organic it touches is "vaporized" into nothing (the regular Sentinels it deployed similar vaporized mutants with their smaller yellow beams), unless it has supernatural toughness ala Rogue. With most of the bodies being the result of indirect damage caused by it.

Though there is always the chance there was a teleportation device mixed in to abduct people. But currently there is no hint that there was yet.

That being said, given the above mentioned disregard by many writers, it would be somewhat funny if the TAS universe decides to present Marrow as having super natural toughness or perhaps a healing factor on Wolverine level to have survived a direct hit by the death ray.

Marrow DOES have that level of healing factor actually ... and super-durable bones.

I thought it was interesting that Archangel was listed as "missing - presumed dead" (the only others being the X-Men on Asteroid M).

Gambit, Banshee, Shaw, and Calisto would be my guess or hope for the present day Horseman if they are all being reanimated.

We don't know where Wolverine (Storm and Morph) ended up but there is a chance there would be different horsemen for different "eras". The season seems to be Ages of Apocalypse -esq in terms of each era/storyline is related to him.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/