Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So is it a dream? Or is it telepathic rapport?

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    We don' really know if she yelled. This is something Diana remembers from childhood. It could very much be an overexaggeration. Diana might have made a big fuss about it and Hippolyta might have tried and reason and explained it with Diana being difficult. She is after all in a dream state when she is saying this.
    Maybe, it's just I'm 50/50 on King ever with the last issue and then the punch flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So is it a dream? Or is it telepathic rapport?
    Just her head. It's what she imagines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Just her head. It's what she imagines.
    It should’ve been telepathic. Steve is stuck in the lies as well. This should break the hold on him.

Spectacular Member

It should’ve been telepathic. Steve is stuck in the lies as well. This should break the hold on him.
    I think he is not, the Steve we saw in #6 should have been feeling and the one we saw in #8 was imaginary. Whether he is withe girls or not, I am not sure as he wasn't in #8

But he isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    I think he is not, the Steve we saw in #6 should have been feeling and the one we saw in #8 was imaginary. Whether he is withe girls or not, I am not sure as he wasn't in #8
    We haven’t seen Steve since issue 6 and we don’t really know what happened to him after the big fight. They grabbed Diana in that same fight. He could have been grabbed as well for all we know…unless it was stated he’s safe and sound otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They shouldnt be perfect and have some flaws within themselves
    A superheroic character not being so strictly bound to real-life logic can coexist with said character having flaws/imperfections within themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So the image of Steve was used as a means to trap Diana in the previous issue, is this one going to be her mental "safe space" she leans on to help her get through her ordeal?
    Hmmm, according to Diana she set this up with the Wonder Girls.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Hmmm, according to Diana she set this up with the Wonder Girls.
    Shd deliberately got captured but the mind manipulation wasn't necessarily "planned" for

Incredible Member

I like it. I am especially heart-torn at the last panel. She's vulnerable, & she chose Jumpa for the right reasons, but she still has moments of doubt at not choosing the clearly easier path. Yet she chooses the path she believes. That doesn't mean there isn't doubt. Also, the memory of Hippolyte "yelling" at her could just be a teenage memory of a remark of disapproval. And if King is leaning into Diana as the Christ-like figure, then Christ has meaningful moments of doubt, struggle, and anxiety. And deep moments of clarity. It's an avenue other writers haven't explicitly explored, and I'm not sure it's the best, but I'm here for the ride, finally.

To be clear, what I like is a window into the idea that Diana loves Steve because of what she sees in him: steadfastness, questioning, wanting to help, compassion, comfort. It's a lot better than "You're hot and you're the first man I ever laid eyes on." Although I still like it when Steve is written as a bit cocky, as I imagine WW also liking that. But this is just a preview, so who knows what also lies ahead in the full issue?

Also, I totally agree that Tom King often writes like a therapy session; it just happens to work for me in this preview. tbh, I'm a little high off last issue, which I thought kicked ass.

Apropos of nothing, it occurs to me that a key difference between Diana and Bruce & Clark is that she has a people, a station, and a society that she is/could be beholden to, but chooses not to. Bruce is easy b/c he sees his world as ripped from him w/ the death of his parents (although pre-Crisis I think he felt beholden to the betterment of society), and Clark lost most of his damn planet, whereas Diana wins the opportunity...to make the world a better place? To fight for something beyond her people but on a shared planet? To have an adventure and follow her heart, which naturally inclines to justice and parity? This isn't an original thought; it's just a musing in the moment. I'm sure I've missed things.

Anyway, it's hard for me to like Steve Trevor, but in Diana's idealized imagination, I like him. And I wonder if paired life isn't mostly the idealized version of your partner living in your head?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Apropos of nothing, it occurs to me that a key difference between Diana and Bruce & Clark is that she has a people, a station, and a society that she is/could be beholden to, but chooses not to. Bruce is easy b/c he sees his world as ripped from him w/ the death of his parents (although pre-Crisis I think he felt beholden to the betterment of society), and Clark lost most of his damn planet, whereas Diana wins the opportunity...to make the world a better place? To fight for something beyond her people but on a shared planet? To have an adventure and follow her heart, which naturally inclines to justice and parity? This isn't an original thought; it's just a musing in the moment. I'm sure I've missed things.
    Yeah, it is one of the reasons why the message of her first movie worked so well, despite of mustache-Ares and the Cgi showdown in the end, while Man of Steel in contrast just felt so empty and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Also, I totally agree that Tom King often writes like a therapy session; it just happens to work for me in this preview.

Anyway, it's hard for me to like Steve Trevor, but in Diana's idealized imagination, I like him. And I wonder if paired life isn't mostly the idealized version of your partner living in your head?
    Well that is both apparently 100% what Tom King is aiming for, so i am not surprised it is working for you then, and he even kinda acknowledged in his last interview that he basically writes therapy sessions probably even the most for himself.

Incredible Member

I liked the issue alright I think. The art was amazing as always. It was a little boring, just not my cup of tea, don't think King did a bad job or anything.

Some nice Diana/Steve moments this issue, along with the obligatory ''why you'd write that King?" panel.

Sampere got flex more of his muscles this issue with all the changing art scenes and costumes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Some nice Diana/Steve moments this issue, along with the obligatory ''why you'd write that King?" panel.

Sampere got flex more of his muscles this issue with all the changing art scenes and costumes.
    Yes Sampere did amazing with all the art.
    Liked that she was talking to animals and that she made friends with the rat and basically helped her get through this.