Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think Apocalypse came out of the Krakoa era looking really good, on a really positive arc. I hope they don't change direction with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Lost: Anyone written by Duggan and Tini Howard.
    That’s just painting with too broad a brush I think. Synch I’d consider a big winner, but then my knowledge in the character may not be as robust as yours.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder why they haven't revealed it yet. It shouldn't be some kind of mystery if they're going to claim that she's a mutant.

Unless they try to walk it back.
    Agreed that it shouldn’t be a mystery. It’s weird that they know she’s a mutant but that her mutant power hasn’t manifested yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Berto benificied way more from his time in the Avengers than from a couple of cool moments in the Storm show.
    This for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    She's currently having some weird side effects right now with her powers. That may end up being related to her mutant side, we'll find out I guess as her mini progresses.
    100% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Winners: Storm, Emma, Moira (was dead and barely remembered), Destiny (same as Moira), Magneto and Apocalypse (for a while), Maddelyne.

Safe on their own little corner: Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Legion, Betsy and Wanda.

Barely there: Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit.

F***ed: Xavier and Beast.
    Disagree on Wanda. Ultimately I think she’s a big winner in this era though in the early going it was looking to be going in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Disagree on Wanda. Ultimately I think she’s a big winner in this era though in the early going it was looking to be going in the opposite direction.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if Hickman had originally intended to bury her but her popularity exploding thanks to Wandavision led to a change of plans

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'd add Polaris, Firestar, and Juggernaut to the winner's circle, given they won the fan-votes.
    Hmmm I'd argue against Firestar. She had prominence because of the vote, but story wise she was neglected and written very badly, if at all.

The annual was a plus (not written by Duggan) and so was the unlimited series (also not written by Duggan).

She had one of the most important stories of the era but didn't feature much in the main book. She also had minimal dialogue.

Even her last appearance wasn't about her. It turned into an all about Emma moment.

But at least she was there. In the background. Shameful for a vote winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    TBH.. I am not familiar enough or invested enough in Nekra to give that a proper answer. However, I'd likely put her with Sabretooth in positive. The fact she was included in his journey for this run after years and years neglect I think seems well for such a lesser known.
    Nekra's such an old character most people don't remember her from her actual origin.

My first comic with her was from the San Francisco X-men era since she showed up there. That... was... barely even using the character.

This was a lot better. She actually did something other than fight Moonstone like in the Utopia era. The Sabretooth fight was pretty cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Lost: Anyone written by Duggan and Tini Howard.
    bolding, italicizing, underlining, drawing little stars around it. Everything Duggan touched turned to garbage. He's not Austen-tier, but he comes closest in his approach to that nadir than any subsequent writer on the flagship title. And with regard to Howard . . . I just have no idea how X-Corp was ever greenlit, or why we have to live in a world where her Excalibur got more issues than Hellions. The only saving grace to her making Apocalypse into a wizard was the way Ewing put his new mojo to use.

Fantastic Member

Krakoa of course. Not only does it get an age named after it, but it also made way more appearances here than it ever had before. Every time we saw mutants on the island, it was there too as a background character.

I’d say Shogo was both a winner and a loser in that he can suddenly transform into a giant flying dragon, but seems to have lost contact with his mom. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Krakoa of course. Not only does it get an age named after it, but it also made way more appearances here than it ever had before. Every time we saw mutants on the island, it was there too as a background character.
    Krakoa is a winner for sure. What happens next and what happens to Arrako? Are we done with them for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I wouldn't be too surprised if Hickman had originally intended to bury her but her popularity exploding thanks to Wandavision led to a change of plans
    Could be. For me, that would be another reason it’s a good thing Hickman left the X behind.

To be clear, I would have preferred he stayed, but to me, there was some good that came out of Hickman’s exit. Particularly Gillen/Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Hmmm I'd argue against Firestar. She had prominence because of the vote, but story wise she was neglected and written very badly, if at all.

The annual was a plus (not written by Duggan) and so was the unlimited series (also not written by Duggan).

She had one of the most important stories of the era but didn't feature much in the main book. She also had minimal dialogue.

Even her last appearance wasn't about her. It turned into an all about Emma moment.

But at least she was there. In the background. Shameful for a vote winner.
    Agree with all your points. For me, Firestar was a net winner in the Krakoa era but not a large one. She was written in such a way that I think her storyline was positive overall and better than being left in oblivion with no stories whatsoever.

Of course, I hate to say it, but Krakoa is not quite over, and there’s a possibility things take a turn for the worse. I’m picturing a hero death here where ball mutants finally get on board that she’s a hero. But she’s dead and will somewhere down the line have to be to have her death retconned out through typical shenanigans. THAT would make the Krakoa era a net negative for her in this era.